• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
I can't make it, but I wanted to say Happy Birthday DLA (First post in a while) (I should have called Barnes - IM'd him but it was late and I fell asleep for the WHOLE day after that.. lol didn't want to wake him up)

SothE700k

Smash Lord
A happy birthday once again, DLA! =D
Guys, we really should do another BD trip again soon. That was so good. And the free ice cream, can't forget that! Sago, show us your flip skills another time!

Oro?!

Smash Hero

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
it was magical beyond my wildest dreams. just like the BD's leftovers I just had :awesome:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sorry I couldn't come, hope your Birthday party went well DLA and everyone who went.

I went to a MTG tournament instead, I hate Jace The Mind Sculptor.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
it's the same day as cyber arena, and maybe MAS right? i'd love to chill with WI/MN but i'm not sure everyone else would be as receptive to driving 5 hours when we could drive like 45 mins instead

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I haven't played magic in a few months. Why is Jace worth $100? Does it go well in some deck?

+2 (not that useful, unless they only have a few good cards in their deck.)
0 (solid, but its really only good once. And 4 mana for draw 3 and put 2 back is bad.)
-1 (good. But again, for 4 mana to bounce a creature is bad. You could remove it from the game for 1 mana.)
+12 (if you pull this off, you probably would have won without it.)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
it's the same day as cyber arena, and maybe MAS right? i'd love to chill with WI/MN but i'm not sure everyone else would be as receptive to driving 5 hours when we could drive like 45 mins instead
It's the same day? I hope not, I don't hang with WI enough and I'd love to go to Eau Clare.

Not my choice for this, but I hope I can work this out.

I haven't played magic in a few months. Why is Jace worth $100? Does it go well in some deck?

+2 (not that useful, unless they only have a few good cards in their deck.)
0 (solid, but its really only good once. And 4 mana for draw 3 and put 2 back is bad.)
-1 (good. But again, for 4 mana to bounce a creature is bad. You could remove it from the game for 1 mana.)
+12 (if you pull this off, you probably would have won without it.)
+2 locks down people top decking, and helps you control the game. Land on top? keep it there. Small creature you can handle, let them have it. A threat? put it on bottom.

0 Is the best, it's free card draw that lets you filter your hand to make it better

-1 is board position and can help, still it's weak compared to the first two but having the option to do so is this better than not having it, plus he is the only walker with 4 abilities.

-12 Is there if it needs to me. Sometimes Jace can be your win con if you can't draw on or build up until you an find one.

He's good because you ask a simple question.

Do you play blue? If you answer yes your playing 4 of him.

He's worth $100 for a reason.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think I get it.
+2 is good (and it gives jace +2!) (if it was +1, or 0, it would be much less impressive)
0 card advantage is amazing.
-1 is very solid when you have counterspells. Just bounce creatures that you don't feel like countering. Maybe counter it next time he plays it.
-12 kill jace or lose.

Top Bottom