• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Im in the planning stages of WHOBO 4. This year will be completely different than all previous WHOBOs but one thing will stay the same.....it will be held THIS spring break so i need some info from you guys.

When do all yall have spring break? If you dont know, check your college or high schools website and Please tell me asap.

-xyro

Quik17

Smash Ace
A little late but here are some of my opinions (since I didn't get a chance to participate when you guys made this PR)

* Sago should definitely be above Marshall. Their wins and losses are almost even (Sago's are a little better imo...) so the tiebreaker should have been given to Sago because he attended more tournies and the fact that he is and has been a lot more consistent than Marshall.

* It's stupid that you guys left Hunger off this list.

* You guys should have at least considered making people that only went to two tournies (like Ripple and me) inactive, considering we waited four months (maybe a little more) to update this instead of the usual 3. I think we did this with ook a couple of updates ago for the same reasons.

Just my opinions. Other than what I said, everything else looks good.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
To those going to Apex: if Corms isn't out of his house by Apex, he's willing to house me and a few more of IL!

I would still make hotel plans just in case he's not home, but I thought I'd let you all know about the offer :)

EDIT: He's about an hour train ride via public trains from the venue. Train costs would probs be between $5-$10.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
edit: ninja'd

i'm leaving soon, i'll be there at like 7 probs

_D._

Smash Apprentice
Anyone still in Chicago going to the smashfest, if your willing to pick me up I'll give you gas money

Sago

Smash Lord
marshal totaly called it :p

I think that i had very similar tournament performances to marshall. but i attended more often. Including brainshock where i won some key matchs.

I like to this that i tied with arthur. But i wont make any such claims officialy. Youve been playing well latley.

I feel like DLA is alittle low. But i guess i havent watched his performance all that much.

Makes me sad hungers not on the list.....this ones not going away with the wave of my hand. Pony up :p

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
Makes me sad hungers not on the list.....this ones not going away with the wave of my hand. Pony up :p
Agreed, I think he's just dodging some drama, but on that note, this is an incredibly stupid region to do PR's for everyone's inconsistent it seems, cept Kain of course :D.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I won't be able to go. BlackWaltz was gonna come with me, and he decided he wanted to do a League of Legends tourney that was happening on-base. Rules for military is we can only go out in pairs, and everyone else I asked said no. :(

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman

I think that i had very similar tournament performances to marshall. but i attended more often. Including brainshock where i won some key matchs.
Hey man, my attendance is all based upon hunger's appearence or not,

and man I'm totally feeling the love, 1 l, then 2 l's, and the hate cuz you think you better then me ;););)

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Agreed, I think he's just dodging some drama, but on that note, this is an incredibly stupid region to do PR's for everyone's inconsistent it seems, cept Kain of course :D.
I wouldn't say so much inconsistent as close in skill, which is way more of a reason to have a PR than if the same results happened at every event. It shows who currently is performing well, or is supposed to.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

I like to this that i tied with arthur. But i wont make any such claims officialy. Youve been playing well latley.

I feel like DLA is alittle low. But i guess i havent watched his performance all that much.

I do like the input.

~

Also for APEX, how much total should I stash away money wise for it, I've never gone to a national via plane before.

King~

Smash Champion
I do like the input.

~

Also for APEX, how much total should I stash away money wise for it, I've never gone to a national via plane before.
oh oh oh oh me me, ive done this before

plane ticket(180) and the various fees associated with travel
hotel figure out the split and go from there
food(which at apex2 was only subway, not sure if the other restaraunts in the building will be open)
Money match money if you want
and i personally find it good to have an extra 20-40 for like emegency reasons or in case of stupidity.
and if you had someother touristy things to do, research

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I've been hearing a lot about the strike, but not once have I heard why. What's going on with the season?

24+ hours of smash in general. I'm content. Thanks again, Kirk!

Scythe

Smash Master
owners say they have been losing money and want a bigger share which includes lowering player wages.

Akashi

Smash Lord
I've been placing the same for almost a year now. I took a dip late '10 bc i switched mains. I'll forever be 4th~13th :c (locally). On another note, i officially started playing melee. I'm going to be a casual, but i want to learn my char. So does anyone have a spare melee disc i could borrow or buy? :D

:phone:

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I've been placing the same for almost a year now. I took a dip late '10 bc i switched mains. I'll forever be 4th~13th :c (locally). On another note, i officially started playing melee. I'm going to be a casual, but i want to learn my char. So does anyone have a spare melee disc i could borrow or buy? :D

:phone:
Yes I will help you out. Not with an extra disc (sothe has it), but with gameplay stuffs.;)

Top Bottom