• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
i decided i'm not going to the mi tourney. Lack of sleep + stepping on ppl's toes for wanting to come home on sat (i'm not salty or anything don't get me wrong<3) + mi not being my favorite community to visit just makes this a no-go. Oro, get rdy for an epic challenge when i get home...

:phone:
Baby, I wanted to MM you :(

Hopefully soon though!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I feel like our color matches are getting a bit boring, so I've thought of a new way to make it interesting :o

The super desu kawaii mewmew challenge :3

We'll do a simple 3 out of 5 Marth ditto match, and the loser must watch the winner's choice of anime OR manga. The only limitation is that a) the anime or manga must not be ongoing OR the current season is done, and b) it must be somewhat short (arc consisting of 12~24 eps, manga must be 100chapters or less). The loser has 2months (subject to change) to finish the series, and then write a small 3 paragraph thesis on their opinion of the show/manga.

What say you? :0

PS: MLP isn't an anime so it doesn't count
Dude, I started playing Marth a bit. I'd be down for this "MM" No trollmo.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I feel like our color matches are getting a bit boring, so I've thought of a new way to make it interesting :o

The super desu kawaii mewmew challenge :3

We'll do a simple 3 out of 5 Marth ditto match, and the loser must watch the winner's choice of anime OR manga. The only limitation is that a) the anime or manga must not be ongoing OR the current season is done, and b) it must be somewhat short (arc consisting of 12~24 eps, manga must be 100chapters or less). The loser has 2months (subject to change) to finish the series, and then write a small 3 paragraph thesis on their opinion of the show/manga.

What say you? :0

PS: MLP isn't an anime so it doesn't count
I accept and I would never condone the issuing of MLP as punishment. Becuase this is, essentially a punishment game. :)

Prepare to read Wata****achi no Shiawase na Jikan or Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai

sanchaz

Smash Lord
if you guys only knew who skeletor was...lol. gio is a rookie at trolling. you guys have no idea. seriously...lol.

anyways come to IMBD tournament this sep 17th peeps. lets go chicago/michigan! even minnesota is coming. min ahh freaking soda! if minnesota has more entrys in ANY EVENT in smash, with all other states combine. you should feel sad and ashamed.

yea, come to the tournament!!!!!!!

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
Who cares about trolling?

It's all about trolli.

****'s delicious

Sour and sweet?

That's some next level **** kids, who cares about gio?

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
If there's room and Oro's still planning on going I'm def coming to MI! Just don't whip out those IC's and I won't have to bring my pocket timeout. LOL.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Im pretty sure that was the first time anyone in IL timed anyone out in anything.

ZTD | TECHnology

Nah this time it'd be legit :dedede: vs :kirby2:

Dreamland battle baby ;)

After playing Y.b.M. I got a bit better at the MU.

Plus its my main lol Might as well ;)

@DLA: I WOULD be the first victim of an documented Illinois timeout. :(

shrillbert

Smash Apprentice
I've never been so lucky myself. I've only ever been to one Tournament a few years back, and since I new nothing about GC controllers at the time, I was easily crushed.:ohwell:

What's The Point

Smash Master
I have never been involved in a time out. This fact saddens me. Time outs are amazing.

If IL comes to MI I'll I'll make sure to run out the clock when I play one. For both of us.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Only once I've ever actually been in a time out and it was a friendly against an MK at Eau Claire. It was unintentional. The both of us just couldn't kill each other lol

I did try to time Lain out once in a pools match. Sonic/ICs on Battlefield. Could have worked, all until I...tripped.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I've timed out Nicole and Slido in tourney. Zozefup probably has about 5 (more or less) total timeouts in tourney.

Edit: I think I might've timed out Trent the game I won or he timed me out one of the games at brainshock, I don't remember.

ZTD | TECHnology

I timed out an Ike once with D3 :D

I have probably been involved in roughly....

15 or so timeouts in the last year.

I dont try to time people out it just happens...or it happens to me in response lmao.

fZk

Smash Lord
I've had many people try to time me out...

I had a set where all 3 games went to time out, this was before ledge grab limits were enforced so the kid just planked and air camped me with MK all three matches. I won the second game at the last second but I lost the set.

I wanted to punch him in the face afterwards.

ZTD | TECHnology

lol Sonic. ITT tried to time me out in both games out of our set at SIIS5. It was serious since the winner of the set made it into bracket.

But like I guess I should have saw it coming since his first kill on me was at 282% LMAO. I avoided like every Back air he threw at me XD

Game 2 ended with like 23 seconds on the clock. Somehow I land Up-Tilt..not sure how but I went with it.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Im pretty sure that was the first time anyone in IL timed anyone out in anything.

I was timed out by Holmes at the first Brainshock. And I timed myself out at ISA, because I couldn't think straight due to lack of sleep. I just chilled on the ledge until I had 71 ledgegrabs. :p

i'll do this money match thing with you but with R.O.B. instead. XD
Hmmmmm. I accept.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Somehow I knew my post would spawn 2 pages of everyone's timeout stories lol.

I've tried to time people out but I literally can't. I've gotten close with jiggz but it's never actually happened.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Most of the time, (I'd say like 90%) timeouts are caused by both players during the match. The other 10% is when the player is so much better/faster than the opponent and he can't catch em, and they are toying around/doing it on purpose. In like all my timeouts, I'm fighting my hardest trying to get kills and win, not play gay. Exception might be Slido, I probably ran away for the last 2 minutes on purpose cuz lucario is dumb aka I'm bad.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
sounds like the worst idea ever
It's sad that it was working too. It's how you have to play that match-up. Pick Battlefield and circle camp. Shugo did it to Lain all the freaking time.

In fact, timing out is Sonic's metagame in a nutshell. Irreplaceable, disgustingly. If you're trying to kill people with Sonic, you're a bad player. If you're racking kills with Sonic successfully and in a timely fashion, they're a bad player.
I'm too lazy to change my Brawl main at the moment. Sonic is done to me. :)

Top Bottom