• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I've been meaning to say this for awhile Mike, but I always forget lol: I think you should start practicing an all-out aggressive playstyle! I know you have a defensive mindset, which is great, and I don't think straying from it will help you, but imo I believe learning how to be aggressive-counter (ie: Arty's falco) will help you in decision making ;D. Maybe pick up a character that can be aggressive/defensive, like Wario, and playing him in friendlies/$1 MMs? Idk, it kind of worked for me lol. You can apply whatever you learn to that sexy ROB of yours ;o.

Idk, just a thought. And like always, I'M ONLY HERE TO HELP DON'T KILL ME
:c
That's what Peach is for me, my aggressive character. I've tried Wario, but I'm so bad with him. I get grabbed too much and stuff. My ROB has gotten much more aggressive since I picked him back up, tbh. I was able to beat Melinda's campy Falco at DBAS by being smart and aggressive. Idk. I could definitely be more aggro, but ROB doesn't handle super aggro that well. Oh, and all out aggressive Peach is pretty bad too.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Noooooo. **** that. I don't like being campy, it's just all I know. And there's a difference between campy and stalling. I hate stalling. Camping is fine.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
lol I'm not having mood swings... I've just been in a bad mood this entire time. Not a fun week for me.

Anyways I'll probably have the whole weekend off for Cinci so anything you guys decide is fine with me. Personally I'm kinda hyped for taking over a megabus but that's just me.

edit: arty the hotel we got was like $70 and that was because the chick gave us a discount for being war veterans lol. Chillest hotel receptionist ever

Akashi

Smash Lord
That's what Peach is for me, my aggressive character. I've tried Wario, but I'm so bad with him. I get grabbed too much and stuff. My ROB has gotten much more aggressive since I picked him back up, tbh. I was able to beat Melinda's campy Falco at DBAS by being smart and aggressive. Idk. I could definitely be more aggro, but ROB doesn't handle super aggro that well. Oh, and all out aggressive Peach is pretty bad too.
Just play super aggressive w/ your chars even if they're not meant to be played that way, plus it's Brawl so nobody is good being all-out aggro lol. Just do it in friendlies only xD

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Just play super aggressive w/ your chars even if they're not meant to be played that way, plus it's Brawl so nobody is good being all-out aggro lol. Just do it in friendlies only xD
Yeah I've done that in the past with Chi, we did ROB vs. Falco super aggressive mode at 4AM. So fun. But yeah, I probably should try that.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
lol I'm not having mood swings... I've just been in a bad mood this entire time. Not a fun week for me.

Anyways I'll probably have the whole weekend off for Cinci so anything you guys decide is fine with me. Personally I'm kinda hyped for taking over a megabus but that's just me.

edit: arty the hotel we got was like $70 and that was because the chick gave us a discount for being war veterans lol. Chillest hotel receptionist ever
That was the greatest ever.

And it's all cool. I get Falcon roid rage sometimes too man.

Aggression is fun.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Oh man, i completely forgot about her.

Her: "Do one of you go to school?"
Me: "Uh, yeah"
Her: "Discount. Are one of you war veterans?"
Us: "Uhhhh..."
Her: "Just say yes."
Tom: "Uhh, sure."
Her: "That's another discount. Your total is now $70" :awesome:

And the other room had to pay the full like, $130 because they didn't get the chill receptionist.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Oh man, i completely forgot about her.

Her: "Do one of you go to school?"
Me: "Uh, yeah"
Her: "Discount. Are one of you war veterans?"
Us: "Uhhhh..."
Her: "Just say yes."
Tom: "Uhh, sure."
Her: "That's another discount. Your total is now $70" :awesome:

And the other room had to pay the full like, $130 because they didn't get the chill receptionist.

:phone:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Noooooo. **** that. I don't like being campy, it's just all I know. And there's a difference between campy and stalling. I hate stalling. Camping is fine.
Isn't it fun to get the lead and run for 8 minutes

Actually **** that, I couldn't even do that if I wanted to lol.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I should probably work on being aggressive as well. Defense is clearly much better for me and it's hard to find that fine line of not overextending.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I like how it says kennispam! posted last, but I don't see his presence. I love smashboards

ook

Smash Lord
so.... how bout that football?

My dad went to the brewers game 2 the other day and he said Aaron Rodgers was sitting about 5 rows behind him.

How my dad gets to sit AHEAD of Aaron Rodgers is beyond me... but whatever I thought it was cool.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I hate Flo with a feverish passion usually reserved for history's worst war criminals.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
That's not really true, it's about half and half.

but really there doesn't need to be a divide. I don't particularly like when we talk about "slaying bitties" either (lol), but that's just the way it is.
We could always talk about slaying dudes. I prefer that topic anyway. :awesome:

-dead-

I would play everyday but I live in a cornfield.

Edit: Sago invite me over, what are ya, chicken?
I live in CHAMPAIGN. There is nothing but corn here and I'm 3 hours away from EVERYTHING.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Kyle we still on for Melee on Saturday? You should see if you can have a few more, if you can.

Sago, invite Kyle over so he can play his favorite game. :colorful:

Top Bottom