• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Arty

Smash Lord
Yo King/Kain, change of plans.

Meet me at the Other Harlem Blue Line stop. (Harlem-Forest Park) at 11:30.
This one is right on the way to the venue and since we're not picking up Jared, there's not point in going the other direction to the O'hare one.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
december 3rd: brawl, melee, umvc3, sf4ae, and MARIO KART will be hosted so that you guys can goof around at madison, WI. (I'm taking mario kart seriously, :D )

I believe metaknight will still be LEGAL, considering the rule doesn't take into effect until beginning of next year. (this may be your last time to use metaknight in a tournament setting)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313001

the only thing that has really changed is that YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER AN EVENT WITHOUT EITHER BRINGING A FULL SETUP OR PAYING THE $5 DOLLAR VENUE FEE. The t.o. will be checking this stuff.

the venue fee does go towards the pizza/drinks. So this is very fair imo.....plus I like to save some money, as I did pay for a good portion of it last time.

MARK YOUR CALENDERS GUYS!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
...Really? We already planned DBAS3 for December 3rd, Oro was gonna put up the thread today... Kinda mad.

Edit: Not at you, Sanchez, you had no way of knowing we were planning it for the 3rd, I'm mad because now DBAS will probably be November 26th, and I can't get off work for it anymore.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
...Really? We already planned DBAS3 for December 3rd, Oro was gonna put up the thread today... Kinda mad.

Edit: Not at you, Sanchez, you had no way of knowing we were planning it for the 3rd, I'm mad because now DBAS will probably be November 26th, and I can't get off work for it anymore.
thats okay. come teach wisconsin how to play brawl on the 3rd. :)

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Hoping for a sagofest tommorow, Gotta practice more for the sake of losing less....
Yo, this.
thats okay. come teach wisconsin how to play brawl on the 3rd. :)
Uhhh that's not really how it works bud. Chris has the date for the last week of November for Melee and I don't really want to host in November anyways considering there is a Melee regional on the 12th and a Brawl regional on the 19th. Anything else and it could kill some hype for either game.

I am pretty set on hosting the 3rd because it keeps a decent timeframe. One month and a week isn't that big of a deal vs a month and our normal schedule of the last saturday of a month is ruined anyways by being inbetween the APEX weekend and Christmas weekend.

If you don't mind, can we compromise and I just Brawl only and you run Melee only? I mean the fact that you posted that IMDB link in every thread AFTER I asked if we could talk about dates is kind of a slap to the face. You literally have no brawl scene (1 player) and it sucks that at IMDB1 the entire event was essentially IL (with 1 WI car + YoshQ and 1 MN car). I love those guys but I'm not about to suggest that we bring 3-4 brawl cars to get the same turnout that we would get at a local IL tourney. If you don't get back to me on this I'm just gonna post the thread and you can deal with the competition because I don't wanna deal with someone who won't talk about it.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Yo, this.

Uhhh that's not really how it works bud. Chris has the date for the last week of November for Melee and I don't really want to host in November anyways considering there is a Melee regional on the 12th and a Brawl regional on the 19th. Anything else and it could kill some hype for either game.

I am pretty set on hosting the 3rd because it keeps a decent timeframe. One month and a week isn't that big of a deal vs a month and our normal schedule of the last saturday of a month is ruined anyways by being inbetween the APEX weekend and Christmas weekend.

If you don't mind, can we compromise and I just Brawl only and you run Melee only? I mean the fact that you posted that IMDB link in every thread AFTER I asked if we could talk about dates is kind of a slap to the face. You literally have no brawl scene (1 player) and it sucks that at IMDB1 the entire event was essentially IL (with 1 WI car + YoshQ and 1 MN car). I love those guys but I'm not about to suggest that we bring 3-4 brawl cars to get the same turnout that we would get at a local IL tourney. If you don't get back to me on this I'm just gonna post the thread and you can deal with the competition because I don't wanna deal with someone who won't talk about it.
I really like that idea instead. wisconsin will host melee, and you guys will host brawl

sorry. I thought the brawl scene was growing here, (god dam it xeylode...).

I thought that our t.o. posted the link a couple weeks ago.

I'll give ya a call later today

Top Bottom