• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

-Fang-

Smash Rookie
Fang, you should drive up for a smashfest one day.

Edit:Scythe, you are WANTING to go to an OOS Brawl only tourney?
Sure but I dont own a car so i would have to either hop on the train or wait for my cousin to get in town so he can take me. That or car pool.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Elllo everyone!

I'm back for more trouble than ever!

Did I miss anything as far as the tournament scene goes? New players? Who's been dominating the tournaments? Who's been hosting them and where?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Yo Chompy. I guess I'm hosting monthlies at College of DuPage. Kain has been winning, but MK is banned now (except for 1 last event for APEX prep). Everything is going fine.

Aight well you should decide who you want in your car, I'm not gonna tell you who to drive lol.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well ok, so far, Zwarm, Oro, Scythe, and idk for the last person.

Also I might want a little help on gas, since it's hard for me to pay for it there and back.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Yo Chompy. I guess I'm hosting monthlies at College of DuPage. Kain has been winning, but MK is banned now (except for 1 last event for APEX prep). Everything is going fine.

Aight well you should decide who you want in your car, I'm not gonna tell you who to drive lol.
Psh, giving no credit to Arty, Kirk, or I.

Well ok, so far, Zwarm, Oro, Scythe, and idk for the last person.

Also I might want a little help on gas, since it's hard for me to pay for it there and back.
Save the spot for Sponge unless he has already 100% deconfirmed himself.

And yeah, gas money will be provided, we don't expect a free ride.

Legan

Smash Lord
I keep picturing that of as actual recording of DLA walking in on his parents.

Yea oro its definately that time of the year for your parents. My dad used to slip me 30 dollars and be like take your girl to a movie.

Scythe

Smash Master
I was about to say this is the worst subject talked about in this thread then i remembered kennispams posts.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I keep picturing that of as actual recording of DLA walking in on his parents.

Yea oro its definately that time of the year for your parents. My dad used to slip me 30 dollars and be like take your girl to a movie.
Dude, I always picture DLA in that gif too. The guy kinda looks like him with longer hair.

I think he said it's their anniversary, so yeah. :awesome:

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Vare and I went to a Smash Tourney (well... sort of a smash tourney). Worst tournament, ever. I called the guy too see if we can bring brawl, since he was also hosting a N64 Smash.The T.O sounded excited over on the phone when I brought the idea of everyone pitching in $10 at first, since this was his first time and I wanted to give him suggestions on how to run it properly. Vare and I bring the setup, assuming that it would be a typical standard tourney. Unfortunaetly, it was a Christian School and the T.O didn't feel comfortable running it that way until he got permission from the Dean. The setup they had was N64 Smash, MK64, CoD, Madden 12, FIFA 12, and Brawl (I brought). Everyone else (as in 30 others) seemed more interested in the N64 smash and the other games. rather than Brawl, and only 6 students signed up for the Brawl things (Vare, myself and 6 randoms). Before the tourney even began, the students decided to come in play friendlies and both of us destroyed them. They had no interest of MM, or even supporting the idea of pitching $10. Instead of running doubles or singles (making it best of 1 to make it quicker, since there was only 1 Wii available), they decided to do a stupid free for all tourney =/. Of course, Vare and I destroyed them even when we were sandbagging.

Hopefully next time, the T.O will let us money match and pitch in $10 for singles if he got permission from the principle. He sounded as though it was going to be a once a month type of thing.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
LOL amazing read. unfortunately, all casual smash tourneys end up like that

:phone:
The casual tournament that was held at UIUC a few weeks ago was somewhat legit. Someone actually lurked on SWF, so it was 8 min 3 stock but since it was at like 7pm, it was single elim and the characters were locked and it was set to SV/BF/FD on random. Also, MK was banned. Chewy, Eagleye, Ripple and I took Top 4 in that order. I was mad salty about having to play Ripple for 3rd place. Also there was cash pay out for Top 3.

Chewy > Ripple 2-1
Eagleye > Me 2-1
Ripple > Me 2-0
Chewy > Eagleye 2-1?

1. Chewy :popo:
2. Eagleye :ness2:
3. Ripple :dk2:
4. Me :luigi2:

Top Bottom