• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Scythe

Smash Master
Hey.....LETS ALL GET HYPE FOR THE KIRKFEST THIS FRIDAY CMON GUYS DJSAKF:ADSJF:SADKFJSA:FA

hunger!

Smash Champion
Since we don't really use unity. We should start banning RC/Brinstar or allow 2 bans a set or something awesome to that sort. The apex stage list was amazing

Roller

Smash Legend
Since we don't really use unity. We should start banning RC/Brinstar or allow 2 bans a set or something awesome to that sort. The apex stage list was amazing
Sounds like a good idea. I will remove those for the next DB.
I am now 40% more likely to come to one of these. I may be going to a small MI tourney/con during the next one, but for March I'd be very interested.

You should also consider using the japanese stagelist. Most of the West Coast is switching to it, and I assume a lot of other places will as well to prepare for SRT.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I don't like the japanese stagelist. I would rather replace FD with like Yoshis as one of the 3 neutrals... or even PS1. The reason their tier list is the way it is, is because there is only 1 stage with static platforms, so characters who rely on ground control are naturally better; see olimar, diddy, falco.

P.S.-Flat=/=neutral and not flat=/=random.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
WI doesn't have a scene essentially so they just merged with us.

There are like 8 of them. WI melee is more of a thing.
Ah I see...

I kno it must be hard as **** 2 throw a tourney there

The crib is mostly hood(Chicago in which is my home has so many ghetto areas that ppl who wanna compete couldnt even travel if they wanted 2)

and then u'd have to drive around town to post in any logical places.

There are ppl that play but so many ppl dont even have a computer or are just lazy. Lat time I came home I met like 15 smashers(beat e all tho cuz none of em are on the boards or anything like that)

I don't like the japanese stagelist. I would rather replace FD with like Yoshis as one of the 3 neutrals... or even PS1. The reason their tier list is the way it is, is because there is only 1 stage with static platforms, so characters who rely on ground control are naturally better; see olimar, diddy, falco.

P.S.-Flat=/=neutral and not flat=/=random.
O god WHY??? Yes I do main Sonic but still why replace Yoshi's which has a random thing pop up and the no way 2 go under the stage? PS1 is the epitome of random lol

and thats why WE have multiple stages so that u can fight against characters that have "Ground control"

:sonic:

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Stadium and Yoshis are even less random than characters in the game itself. Peach item pluck and GaW hammer have a greater luck factor in deciding a game than a platform or transformations people don't even fight on. There are probably better stages too, I just can never remember Brawl stages lul. That's why I ask for battlefield every game.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
The real injustice is what they did to Pictochat :(
**** Picto.

Stadium and Yoshis are even less random than characters in the game itself. Peach item pluck and GaW hammer have a greater luck factor in deciding a game than a platform or transformations people don't even fight on. There are probably better stages too, I just can never remember Brawl stages lul. That's why I ask for battlefield every game.
I'd rather have Lylat over FD. FD is balls. It's incredibly polar and it better suited as a CP than a starter.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
But its irrelevent if you dont use or fight a character with random factors i.e.

Luigi, Peach, Wolf, D3, G&W

thats 5/39 whoop tee doo

& then u got the fact that those characters are random NO MATTER WHICH STAGES UR USING. I dont see how ur point is relevant -___-

Akashi

Smash Lord
We have some very legit stages in America that Japan refuses to use. Halberd, Lylat, and PS1 are extremely legit. I guess Frigate can be a bit broken with certain characters, but that's what you should ban. I also think Delfino is still legit, even though the walk-offs are annoying.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
imo, brawl has 2 stages that ARE neutral

SV/BF

then 2 that are almost neutral

LC/YI(b)

It's pretty hard to figure out a 5th neutral. Delfino/FD/PS2 being, imo, the only ones thar are close.

Roller

Smash Legend
We have some very legit stages in America that Japan refuses to use. Halberd, Lylat, and PS1 are extremely legit. I guess Frigate can be a bit broken with certain characters, but that's what you should ban. I also think Delfino is still legit, even though the walk-offs are annoying.
The Japanese DO use Lylat and PS1. LMAO

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Oro was saying that certain characters are more random than certain stages....

but the characters will be just as random on each and every stage so there is on variable change

-____-

:sonic:

how the hell is YI, Lylat or BF more fair than FD?

What? u need different layers to hide behind?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
FD-major camping, major CG, bad ledge, no platforms.

YI-Has uneven floor, has things that pop up to save you, shy guys.

Lylat-Tilts.

I could listen to the argument that YI is about even with FD as far as being a neutral.

but

BF is the most neutral stage in the game, assuming that D3 isn't playing a character he can ledge infinite.

Top Bottom