• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Jigglypuff Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
You guys act like you've never seen the number 7 dollars before, lol.

Edit: The Stig has a cool sig.

TheStig

Smash Lord
i still don't know what the #7 $ is. bowyer, do you ever play on wifi. I played anther a couple of times and there was little lag. i want to do some jiggs dittos for fun.

thanks for noticing my new sig, i made it this morning

TheStig

Smash Lord
Besides every character, which are jigglypuff's hardest matchups? I'm thinking:

Metaknight
Marth
Snake
Pit
Olimar

Who else?

Anyways, from Ankoku Character Rankings List, i think you are the only one raising jigglypuff on the list.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
imo snake is the hardest matchup.

pit isn't too bad because jiggs doesn't have any problems with pits projectiles.

Olimar is imo ******** hard because olimar outprioritizes jiggs by a lot and kills jiggs at a low percent.

marth isn't too bad because jiggs can shield very quickly after she starts a dash.

mk sucks but its not an impossible match, but it still sucks because you have to be extremely patient in comparision to most of the other matchups.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Marth is a woman, and why would you want to be pika? Don't you know that peach has diseases, lol.

D

Deleted member

What do u do against campy toon links. Jiggs is a bit on the slow side, and gets camped pretty hard, and even once she gets in, TLs aerials outprioritize yours.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
hmm, I've only played scrubby TL's. Tell me what projectiles he camps with and I'll try to think up a proper strategy.

D

Deleted member

Umm SHDA when im pretty far away, as i get closer he'll do retreating boomerangs and throw some bombs. Only thing i have started doing is airdodge catching bombs, but it doesnt help much.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
hmm, I bet that would be ****ing annoying as hell. Umm, do you have any vids by chance? I guess you could try flying just above the arrows and wait just above and outside his sword range for an opening to attack. If he trys to attack you, pound should outprioritize his ****. If he boomerangs or bombs try to avoid the hit and get in during his lag time. Hope that helps (I don't think it will but maybe), sorry I don't have any good TL experience.

D

Deleted member

I dont have any vids vs good campy tl's, just a decent annoying one who doesnt arrow much, but i still lose cuz i just picked up jiggs a few days ago =P. Ill get that vid up soon. Pound sounds like a good idea. But yea, u probably couldnt give me accurate ways to get past this annoying spam unless uve foughten some campy tls. Its too bad most of jiggs bad matchups are yoshi's bad ones too -.-

How does jiggs do against weegi?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
You need to fight luigi the same way you need to fight MK. Just sit and wait outside his range for a time to attack because he outprioritizes everything you have. Its an annoying match that takes a lot of chip shotting and time, but its not that incredibly bad. Luigi's floatyness allows you to get some pretty **** strings of attacks.

D

Deleted member

What moves is he doing agianst u. D3 is pretty easy to knock around horizontally because his fair has start up lag.

1HKO

Smash Apprentice
DDD is a moving target. On land get above him yet out of the range of his up-b and if you are close enough above him DI a footstool so that you can sweetspot a noncharged rollout(sorry for so much tech talk). If he is in the air just stay below him and out of the range of his footstool and dair. If you are feeling risky try footstooling him near the ledge and DI towards the ledge to start charging your rollout in the opposite direction. This way if he techs the footstool then up-b's you can rollout away then come back to hit him in the landing lag. I haven't played many good DDDs so please tell me if any of my ideas are sane against a good one.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Jiggs was my 2nd in melee since like July or sometime around then, but I was playing jiggs a lot more than falco (even though my falco was better) near the release of brawl.

edit: the number 7 dollars has exactly 100 views, woot. Everyone, educate everyone you know about the number 7 dollars. YEAH!!! lol

TheStig

Smash Lord
OMG I beat NTHERZ in a match (jiggs vs pika). nair and falling pound is too good.

Edit: I owe it to the #7 $ and all that it has enlightened me about brawl.
Score: Anther: 1,000,000 Stig: 1

D

Deleted member

I beat thestig's jiggs with my beastly yoshi(no johns). Watch out jiggs mains, yoshi's not an easy matchup with his bair having rediculous range, and being able to pivot grab a lot of your aerials. Gimp his recovery with dair because it breaks his double jump at rediculously low percents if u hit with most of it.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Terrible. He out prioritizes everything you have and can keep pressure on constantly. It sucks.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Brawl isn't very fun anymore so I'm going back to melee. I may be around every now and then but don't expect too much from me in the future. Peace.

-Bowyer

D

Deleted member

I just played melee again, and its rly fun.Brawl jiggs made me pretty good w/ melee jiggs, but WoP actually works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom