• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Jigglypuff Matchup Guide (No Further Updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veril

Frame Savant
Wait, banana canceled rest is the same as barrel cancelling (as in they dont go into the tripping animation) If so, then the match up seems very tilted in Jigglies favor. It was the only thing I believed that gave Diddy a chance in this matchup :ohwell:
Banana canceled rest is situational, but in that situation its awesome. It does cause a trip, which is preferable to the omega lag after rest. If we hit with rest the trip won't matter and you'll take a tremendous amount of damage.

Using nannerz to create a trip is one of the best ways to combo into rest. ****.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Banana canceled rest is situational, but in that situation its awesome. It does cause a trip, which is preferable to the omega lag after rest. If we hit with rest the trip won't matter and you'll take a tremendous amount of damage.

Using nannerz to create a trip is one of the best ways to combo into rest. ****.
So, if you hit, it won't matter either way, unless Diddy isn't at kill percent, so there would be no reason to rest in that situation. If you miss, tripping is better than super lag, but that still involves setting up a banana cancel. It seems insanely unrealistic to me. You have to have the banana right under you right? And then Diddy lined up, assuming there's a chance of it hitting. Barrel canceling is nowhere near as situational, and has almost no risk and the most KO potential of any of Diddy's moves if it hits, which is also easier in my opinion. Like, is there a video with a banana canceled rest in a real match?

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Exactly its a very situational technique that doesnt work if you do rest combo with a banana cause the banana is under your control (you might be able to pull it off your opponent trips while holding a banana making them drop right where they tripped then you could rest and the trip on their dropped banana but Im not even sure if you drop the banana when you trip.)
And PNDMike, I might go but only on sunday for some friendlies. I cant make it Sat for the main events and i dont want to spend money to do a the Low Tier tourny so yeah Im not sure. But if I go, Ill be sure to look for you. Sadly, I have no Brawl Tourny experience :(

Veril

Frame Savant

Metatitan

Smash Master
eh id rather go yoshi in this... it lets me use f smash xD
55:45 puff favor IMO, just dont let him take u do final destination

PND

Smash Champion
I like fighting Diddy on FD. Like, it's my favorite neutral to fight him on.

It's easily 65:35 or 70:30, and I go on crusades against every offline Diddy player I face to prove it.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Personally, as Diddy in this matchup, I'd rather be on Battlefield. Final Destination is normally a great stage because of bananas, but for Jigglypuff who approaches from midair, a banana on one of the lower platforms is helpful, as is more ground for Jiggs to land on, and it seems that everyone survives longer on FD, which doesn't particularly benefit Diddy. Final Destination is considered to be pretty much the best Diddy stage, but I think Smashville is very close, as the moving platform allows him to pull out bananas safely and sort of camp with his peanut gun as well, which applies especially well in this matchup.

Veril

Frame Savant
Bumped. Either this thread should be closed since Alex's guide has eaten it or it should be used.

I ban Final D against diddy 100% of the time and CP Norfair unless he bans it, in which case I'll go Orpheon.

PND

Smash Champion
Honestly, I'm more worried about BF against Diddy. I prefer Lylat and FD. Smashville and Yoshis are okay, I guess.

Glick

Smash Lord
I'd like to just point out that jiggz ***** falco. For some reason alex used to say that falco ***** jiggz. That's stupid.
Thanks.

Glick

Smash Lord
Sorry if that sounded rude. Didn't mean for that to come out like that.

It doesn't make sense though.

If the falco tries to spam lasers just duck and force them to approach. They cant chain grab AT ALL. It is a pretty standard matchup until it gets to off stage. Nair them through their side b, and use standard jigglypuff edge guarding shenanigans such as drilling their up b. or just keep bairing him lower and lower till hes too low to recover, then safely recover.

Also, sorry alex for what I said in your video thread. I have a short temper, and when you suddenly called me an idiot I kinda blew one. What I said was kinda harsh, you've done a lot for the boards and I'm sorry if you got offended. But you did act pretty mean. You do have skill. I just said that out of anger.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Bumped. Either this thread should be closed since Alex's guide has eaten it or it should be used.

I ban Final D against diddy 100% of the time and CP Norfair unless he bans it, in which case I'll go Orpheon.
It's your choice obviously, but the only thing that FD helps Diddy with is banana locks. All the other banana stuff can go on almost anywhere, and some Jiggs have trouble with platforms, while Diddy's usmash and utilt can reach through the bottom platforms on Battlefield. When I play Spoonbob, I get kos with utilt or uair probably almost half the time. Maybe Japes would be a good CP? I hear it normally is for Jiggs.

Veril

Frame Savant
It's your choice obviously, but the only thing that FD helps Diddy with is banana locks. All the other banana stuff can go on almost anywhere, and some Jiggs have trouble with platforms, while Diddy's usmash and utilt can reach through the bottom platforms on Battlefield. When I play Spoonbob, I get kos with utilt or uair probably almost half the time. Maybe Japes would be a good CP? I hear it normally is for Jiggs.
I almost always take Diddy to BF. Jigglypuff is amazing there and its the stage I'm most comfortable on. Conversely, a lot of Diddy mains really like FD.

SexTornado

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if that sounded rude. Didn't mean for that to come out like that.

It doesn't make sense though.

If the falco tries to spam lasers just duck and force them to approach. They cant chain grab AT ALL. It is a pretty standard matchup until it gets to off stage. Nair them through their side b, and use standard jigglypuff edge guarding shenanigans such as drilling their up b. or just keep bairing him lower and lower till hes too low to recover, then safely recover.

Also, sorry alex for what I said in your video thread. I have a short temper, and when you suddenly called me an idiot I kinda blew one. What I said was kinda harsh, you've done a lot for the boards and I'm sorry if you got offended. But you did act pretty mean. You do have skill. I just said that out of anger.
I don't think jiggs has advantage vs falco. Falco's lazers screw our approaches up and ducking doesn't make him approach...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom