• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Kentucky Brawl PR

Based on tournament results, the following people are eligible for the PR so far:

Ralph Cecil
Shadow Phoenix
Shadow the Past
Soldier2

Remember to post results, or there is no guarantee we will be able to find them. And if any are missing have been posted in the thread, and are missing from the front page, please notify one of the panelists, and we'll get it corrected as soon as possible.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Money matches count, but they don't count for the total tournament number. Regardless of money matches, you need 3 tournaments. Money matches only affect your placement after you have those 3 tourneys.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
That moment when you realize you won't be PR eligable.

lol. Does the PR end after the 22nd S2D monthly?

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
That was the exact reason for it, Ralph. It was to get people to start posting results and going to stuff. As right now, we'll have a 4 person PR.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Umm... concerning the OP, I believe you put SP's money matches under my name. I haven't actually done any money matches at all this season.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Umm... concerning the OP, I believe you put SP's money matches under my name. I haven't actually done any money matches at all this season.
You're correct, sorry. I finished mine first, and copy/pasted it so that the formatting stayed consistent. Sorry, I'll fix that tonight.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Post your Ranbat results please :p.
Well... that tourney didn't have any pay-out iIrc, and I barely remember the specifics about who I beat/lost to.

The only ones I can remember are losing to Carls in pools, beating Clowsui in pools, beating some Jigglypuff guy in pools, losing to Ralph Cecil in bracket, beating TTar in bracket, losing to Eric in bracket, and beating Ralph Cecil in a tie-breaker match....

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yeah we already decided that we would count the tourney towards the PR and that's pretty much all you need to post lol. I have our results in my post for the ranbat and you can either take a guess or leave question marks or something if you want to.

Judo777

Smash Master
Money matches count, but they don't count for the total tournament number. Regardless of money matches, you need 3 tournaments. Money matches only affect your placement after you have those 3 tourneys.
Then they shouldn't count, either you count them as playing competitively, or you don't there is no middle ground. If a player wins 70 MM's a season and beat notable people, but never enter a tournament bracket, you cannot say he is not active in competitive smash, but then say that MM's do show how you fair in a competitive setting verse a specific player.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I don't mean to pick on him, but if SolarSkurge won 70 MMs from his friends in Paducah and never went to a tournament I wouldn't consider him active in the KY Brawl scene lol.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
CSRBT 1-4
September 2, 2012
Total Entrants: 24
Placement: 5th

Pools:
Defeated Clowsui (Olimar vs Marth) 2-0
Defeated SoulPech (Olimar vs Jigglypuff) 2-0
Lost to Carls (Olimar vs Fox) 1-2

Winners Bracket:
Lost to Ralph Cecil (Olimar vs Snake) 0-2

Losers Bracket:
Defeated TTar (Olimar vs Wario) 2-0
Lost to Mr. Eric (Olimar vs R.O.B.) 0-2

Tie-Breaker match:
Defeated Ralph Cecil (Olimar vs Snake) 2-1

There were probably more guys in pools, but I don't really remember. I'm guessing that the Jiggs was SoulPech based off what Ralph Cecil says.

Judo777

Smash Master
I don't mean to pick on him, but if SolarSkurge won 70 MMs from his friends in Paducah and never went to a tournament I wouldn't consider him active in the KY Brawl scene lol.
I said "and beat notable players"

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
My results, using :peach: only!!!

S2D 8/11/12
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326497
Placing: 9th out of 20 using :peach:

Winners:
Beat Lumines 2-0 Wolf
Lost to Joey 0-2 Kirby/ICs

Losers:
Lost to Sorasin 0-2 FALCO

Retribution
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=328952
My placing: 49th out of 88
I SHOULD have made it out of pools but we all know that story. I really would have liked to see how I would have done in bracket. :/

Lost to seagull man 0-2 wolf
Lost to Fizzle 0-2
Beat Ori_bro 2-1 Olimar
Beat random snake guy 2-0 (this was annoying because peach takes forever to kill snake and after two random ****ing ftilts the match suddenly is even)

Man my results are ***. XD

DEAR BOMB GOD,

I CALL UPON THEE TO DELIVERETH KASSYS PEACH MANY BOMBS HER NEXT TOURNAMENT, SO THAT SHE MAY SURPRISE AND EXPLODE HER FILTHY ENEMIES INTO BITS!!!

AMEN
O LOVING BOMB GOD

Ps, beam saber god and stitch face god get love too... <_<

:phone:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Judo, I'm just going to say this now and hopefully arguments like these aren't brought up again.

Drop it.

Not only are you making a poor argument, but you're also not going to convince the panel to change anything they're doing. If you want to be on the rankings, then go to a few tournaments and meet the credentials like everyone else. The rankings show our best tournament players. If you don't go to tournaments, then that's not you. This is simple, yes? Money matches and everything else that effects placements (including tournament results) obviously only applies to people that meet the criteria to be on the power ranking (aka you go to 3 tournaments). If a person doesn't go to tournaments, then why should they be ranked with all of our tournament players?

Money matches don't matter when it comes to ranking people that don't meet the tournament criteria... Since they won't be ranked in the first place. Once again, this will not be changed.

Want a logical reason? Okay, so you beat SP in a money match. Lets use this as an example.

With the way our panel works, the order of importance is:

Tournament matches > MMs/Pools > MMs/Pools > Friendlies (It's not stated in the OP, but this much is obvious). The fact of the matter is that Tournament matches > everything else.

So you beat SP in a Money Match. I also beat SP, but in tournament. So did S2, Kassandra, Oreo, and all of these other people (pulling stuff out of my *** for this btw)

Not only do we have that ONE piece of data for you, but it's already outclassed by all of this other data we have from people that went to tournaments like they were supposed to for the criteria. They also have several other opponents they've faced against in their three tournaments versus your 3 or 4 money matches.

We get more data from people that go to tournaments, and judging people based on 3 money matches versus three tournament results is... Well, it should be obvious which one is better for the panel.

We don't get the data we need from you doing a few money matches. Because of this, we will not consider money matches until you have enough data from tournaments. We're not going to automatically say "Judo deserves first spot!", and we're not going to try to debate where you belong with your very small amount of data.

Please stop talking about this. Unless they make a huge decision without me, the policy with tournaments isn't changing.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'm just saying money is a poor incentive to play well in a tournament, given that out of all of us, maybe Kel was the only person who had a shot at it during Retribution.

How' bout I make it easy for you guys:

"Everyone is expected to play to the best of their ability in a formalized competitive setting. While we understand there can be discrepancies in playstyle, character choice, and drive in friendlies and money matches, we do not accept those variables as a reality in a formalized competitive setting (e.g., tournaments with cash prizes and a formal bracket and/or pools system).

All games played in such a setting will be assumed to be played at the best of your ability. You will be given no additional lee way when it comes to judging due to poor choices you made of your own volition, regardless of how they may or may not have affected your placement."
This is a better explanation, but I've never understood why this expectation cannot be applied to non-cash events. Given that the event in question was even labeled as a "ranking" battle, I think everybody should have assumed that the matches are counting for... ranking.

And I have to add that I'm saying this non-biasedly, given that I have the best result at Retribution in the state, sans Kel who isn't on our PR. There's no reason for me to play down this tournament.

Also in all seriousness if you're going to not have Judo on the PR, don't have him anywhere on it. There's no reason to do the **** you all did with me, where I was put down as an HM due to inactivity. And then every person ever assumed I was bad again.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
You confuse me S2. LOL

You talk about not caring about how you play at a regional, a place where OOS people actually get to play you and assess your skill level, then you ask why we shouldn't take free tournaments more seriously, tournamnts that no one takes seriously. Then you say you care about how good/bad people think you are from your placement on the PR.

So regionals, which should be the most important tournaments we judge for, are the ones you say we shouldn't care about? And it's okay to not play your best at them???? 0_____0
Lol wtf
How else are we supposed to accurately figure out how good someone is if they don't play out of their region/state????

:phone:

KERO

Smash Journeyman
How else are we supposed to accurately figure out how good someone is if they don't play out of their region/state????
I don't know; you guys ranked me number 2 at a time where all I did was KY tourneys =x

For the record, I still agree with your overall argument concerning regionals, though.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I'm really confused now lol. I have no idea where people are coming up with all of these weird assumptions like us not counting the ranbats or MMs looool. Also this little situation with Judo isn't even involving him being an HM or anything on the PR it's just if he can't go to 3 tournaments in 6 months then he's just not active enough to be on it lol. No conspiracies. :p

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Yo so who all from KY is planning on attending my lovely regional on December 1st? Just need to make sure I get everyone accounted for in the attendance list.

I only have Ralph and ForwardAir listed currently. Anyone else?

Oh yeah I sometimes forget Kel lives in KY but he's account for as well.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Mister Eric and Metaflair are coming with us as well. I think here might be one more with that, but I don't know/remember who it is yet.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Lexington may be, but I can never make guarantees until I have my work schedule for that week.

Also, I'd like to apologize to KY players for being such an arrogant **** over the past 4 years.

Top Bottom