• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
My shot at this moveset thing:

Krystal Moveset w/staff featured in SFA. Technique based on the style of Bōjutsu martial arts as well as features from SF Adventures (those familiar with SFA will recognize many moves)

Standard (A) attacks:
A: quick vertical downward swing in front
AA: above, followed by a quick horizontal swing
AAA…: Above followed by a flurry of staff spinning in front

Strong (tilt):
<>A: Staff Thrust. Can be angled high, med low. Has greatest range without moving or using specials.
/\A: upward thrust
\/A: low slide-kick

Smash:
<>A: Krystal leaps into the air a short distance slowly turning counter-clockwise while preparing for a powerful strike. At the apex of the leap, once the staff emits a small flaming burst of energy and sound, She comes down hard, slamming her staff onto her opponent. (Those familiar with SFA will recognize it)
/\A: Helicopter swing: Krystal swings her staff in a circular motion above her parallel to the ground (similar animation to Ike’s U air attack, however, the axis of the spin is at the center of the staff). If all hits land, it adds up to about nine fast, trapping hits to rack up damage. Low range, the final strike has moderate knockback
\/A: Krystal swings her staff down to the ground, hard. Upon striking the ground, the staff bounces, swings back the way it came, strikes the ground on the other side, and bounces back into her normal stance. Can strike above her.

Dash: low pole vault kick. Krystal jams the end of her staff into the ground and leaps feet-first at her opponent, landing a hefty kick.

Arial:
A:Sex kick
Forward A: upward staff swing in front
Back A: Reverse staff thrust
/\A: Krystal swings her staff above her, in an arc parallel to the screen.
\/A: downward swing. Similar to Marth’s \/A from Melee in appearance and properties with one key difference: the arc of the staff swing is perpendicular to the screen. Also has longer range If it lands, it’s a good spike (which may prove tricky with the narrow hit-box)

Grab/Toss:
Hold Attack: Point-blank Fire shot
Forward: Krystal kicks her opponent away and fires a volley of Fire shots
Back: Krystal jabs her opponent with the thin end of her staff. With the head of her staff planted firmly on the ground at an angle, she fires a Rocket Boost into her hapless opponent, sending him/her/it flying. High knockback, little damage taken
/\: Using her staff as a lever and her knee as the fulcrum, Kryastal catapults her opponent into the air.
\/: Krystal throws her opponent to the floor and jams the end of her staff into their back. High damage, little knockback

Special:
B: Fire shot
<>B: Ice Blast. Similar to ICs \/B move in effect, different in that the blast is slightly larger, lasts slightly longer and can walk slowly while the action is occurring.
/\B: Rocket boost. Those caught in the wash beneath will be sent downward.
\/B: Ground quake: Krystal slams her staff into the ground sending a shockwave (if performed in the air, an animation similar to Links/Ike’s \/A incurs until Krystal reaches the ground)

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
No wonder why topics like this reach so many posts, I notice people talking about a bunch of other stuff not quite related to the topic, like right now, today's update on the Fire Emblem stage.

As for Krystal, well umm... what's left to talk about her? If there's nothing left, then what's the point in posting off topic posts just for the sake of keeping the topic on top?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well... it's just what happens in major support threads, I guess. Supporters start talking about stuff loosely or not at all related about the character and the thread's post-count rises... it's kind of a battle of popularity, and it's mostly for fun, too. Character speculation is rarely serious business anyway...

Milkyway64

Smash Journeyman
Well... it's just what happens in major support threads, I guess. Supporters start talking about stuff loosely or not at all related about the character and the thread's post-count rises... it's kind of a battle of popularity, and it's mostly for fun, too. Character speculation is rarely serious business anyway...
This is what I think. No big deal or anything. Almost everything about Krystal has already been discussed, so all that we can really do with her is mention some loose ends like costume. >_>

On the subject of the Underground, I have this feeling it will have a brief moment of just falling to get there, leading to an epic air battle in the meantime. As for the actual Underground, I don't know. Anything could happen. However, I'm willing to bet there will be something down there to return you to the top of the castle! :laugh:

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
yeah ^^^ like how the DK falls plane will probably take you back to the bottom by crashing, it is very predictable.
changing stages are known to change, not just stop changing at some point, even if it is the same changes that happened five minutes ago. I love/hate those stages, they are so awesome/cheap!

Nices sig RBinator!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Yeah.. Although we talk about random stuff... I always try to put Krystal for Brawl! at the end to try and keep it on topic a little atleast...

Aerial battle sounds epic, hope its like that.. It would be awesome..

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
You know, the pitfall kind of reminds me of X-Men: Children of the Atom. I don't remember much about that game, but I remember several collapsible stages. Boy, they were fun!

Maybe they're not so great at killing people by forcing them out the bottom, but I rarely kill people that way. I guess I'm kind of a juggler, although I guess it's kind of a retro tactic. At least none of my friends can wavedash.

How about you guys? How does your killing style affect what stages you like, or vice versa?

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
I'm a dash/launcher/juggler (marth-competitive/samus-fun)- I like iscicle mtn. (or whatever it's called), battle field, and final destination. :)
iscicle mtn often forces aerial combat.
battle field always offers aerial strategies.
final destination is the ultimate test of skill.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I'm not a very aerial person.. I just ran around usually. But when I switched to Sheik I would try and juggle with my upsmash.

Not a very good player :p

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
As for discussing Krystal, what's left is umm... well... a stage based off of her related to Star Fox Adventures, rather then the usual SF stages taking place on the Great Fox. What? That's been discussed too? Well, what about her blue fur? Ya, her blue fur would make a great discussion!

Nices sig RBinator!
:laugh:

I'm glad people are finally noticing my signature a bit more. What do you mean I'm going off topic?

Krystal for Brawl!

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
blue fur is not realistic, but i likes it anyway

how's that for a discussion
Her blue fur isn't realistic but there is blue fur. Ever heard of a Russian Blue Cat?

Since I don't have a DS I can't play Command. So to get information I looked for the next best thing. Wikipedia!!! I shiver on how she looks in Command (Her head is freaking huge).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_the_Star_Fox_series#Krystal

Anyways I think her stage has to be somewhere on Dinosaur plantet. With Tricky, Red eyes, and Cloud runners. It seems only appropriate for her.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
That'd be pretty wierd to see "WARNING NEWCOMER: KRYSTAL'S FUR"
Man, I busted out laughing that that.

And I had a dream a while ago... There was a new stage that was on Sauria in the Thorntail Hollow.. and I was like "ZOMG KRYSTAL LIKE CONFIRMED" and I was playing Brawl in my dream against a friend of mine.. Can't remember much else.

Think it means something?:psycho:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
As long as Krystal keeps her staff and can wield it the same way Fox did in StarFox Adventures, I'm down with her being in Brawl. She would kick trash and add another female character to the roster. I'm sure in the 3000+ posts in this thread, this has already been said, but oh well. I just wanted to show my support. She is indeed one of the better looking non-human characters. ^_^

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Anyway.. Need another topic...

What are your guys setups and what will you be seeing Krystal on.. A huge screen Tv? or just a personal like.. twelve inch screen?

Milkyway64

Smash Journeyman
My TV is pretty big, but I've never cared to remember it's measurements.

I was thinking about adding something here saying that there is that chance everyone's favorite vixen may not make the cut, but decided not to because A. She has very high chances and thus almost no reason to doubt and B. there are those who dislike Krystal (whether they blame her for the series' recent trip downhill, or just hate her simply because of furverts/furries), so saying "everyone's favorite" would be incorrect. >_>

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
My TV is pretty big, but I've never cared to remember it's measurements.

I was thinking about adding something here saying that there is that chance everyone's favorite vixen may not make the cut, but decided not to because A. She has very high chances and thus almost no reason to doubt and B. there are those who dislike Krystal (whether they blame her for the series' recent trip downhill, or just hate her simply because of furverts/furries), so saying "everyone's favorite" would be incorrect. >_>
Yeah my TV is pretty big too.. I think I have a picture of my setup around here somewhere... Ah here it is.. http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/3735/tvsz4.jpg

And yes, there is a chance she will not make it. But I try to stay optimistic and believe that she has a higher chance to get in than not.

Empty hate-comes from lack of knowlage-ironicaly I hate it.
I suppose so, makes sense to me. I'm friends with this girl thats completly out of my type of friends. Me = Nerd/Geekish guy, Girl = Ditsy etc.. And her friends hate me but she said I'm just "misunderstood".. *shrug*

I'd rather have falco then krystal
Alright, go talk in the Falco thread than.

Milkyway64

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather have falco then krystal

Better Idea: Falco AND Krystal.

And Gindor's post makes sense. I try to at least have an understanding of something before I decide to hate it. Like Daisy, I know she has an annoying voice and has been in only one non-spinoff (if you can count Super Mario Land as non-spinoff...) game. I hate her, but at least I know who she is and what she's done. Furries are another example, I'm not one myself, but I don't hate them. I won't go farther into that to avoid starting a potential flamewar. >_>

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Oh yeah.. haven't spoke to Fawriel in a while. I should ask him about it... And I'm not gonna PM you Larry, but I'll just say its not very good.

I'll try working on one for myself sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom