• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Marth Video Critique Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
Nah, I think I got most of it. He's not my best by far, even though I join main Jiggs and Marth, my Jiggs is around twice or three times as good as my Marth. However, my opponent isn't a bad player by any stretch. I think he might have toyed with me a bit during the match because I've seen him kill better players than me.
LOLZ.

Yo man, that is me in the vids.

You don't have to play me either from fear of losing or ignorance, but IDC if you win either way. I want to see if you can walk the walk since you certainly can talk the talk.

Play me or don't, it's your choice.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
lol, no offense nintendoboy but you aren't so high up on the ladder because of your skill with Marth, its your MK. And my point is reinforced after watching those videos, because tbh, your Marth is sub par.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
lol, no offense nintendoboy but you aren't so high up on the ladder because of your skill with Marth, its your MK. And my point is reinforced after watching those videos, because tbh, your Marth is sub par.
That's ok, because most of my wins have come from Marth, and most of my loses have come from MK. So get your facts straight.

I would be glad to play you too.

EDIT:

Quote from SK92:

excellent marth i had a hard time.

Quote from Tapion:

great games. never got ***** so hard by a marth in my life that second match. Good ****!

Anything else?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I lost to his MK, not his Marth. I watched the first video you posted, and I saw him consistently approaching with SH double fairs. Which was a bad sign. I saw zero emphasis on zoning or safety at all. I'd be glad to try out your Marth later to see for myself, however from what I saw there is no way you are playing Marth at a high level. In fact looking at your match history now, it seems that you mainly only use Marth against the scrubs and use MK against the better opponents you face.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
I lost to his MK, not his Marth. I watched the first video you posted, and I saw him consistently approaching with SH double fairs. Which was a bad sign. I saw zero emphasis on zoning or safety at all. I'd be glad to try out your Marth later to see for myself, however from what I saw there is no way you are playing Marth at a high level. In fact looking at your match history now, it seems that you mainly only use Marth against the scrubs and use MK against the better opponents you face.
Not true AT ALL.

I used Marth vs. SK92 and Tapion.

Both of them said I was a great Marth.

Both of my matches vs. SK92:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WlxACUlVKA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxRxUOz7C9o

Oh, and BTW, I beat you with my Marth. We were on Brinstar.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Well, I've played both his guys. And let me say, his Marth rocks. His MK is good but not amazing. I had misgivings about his double fair but amazingly, he knows how to do it without being punished. And he can almost combo very effectively.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I stopped watching your vid v sk92 after 40 seconds.

You gave up stage positioning by rolling, your approach was god awful, your spacing was crap, and you were very unsafe.

Get your arrogant **** out of here.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
No you did not beat me with your Marth. I clearly remember expecting Marth mirrors when I saw your avatar, and being slightly frustrated when I saw MK. Trust me, I pretty much keep a mental record of every Marth I play, idk why but its just something I do.

I watched most of the match in the first link you provided. And I saw more or less the same stuff I saw in your mirrors with illanex. Senseless double fair approaches that got you punished more often than not, and could have been a hell of a lot worse. I also saw you approaching with nair constantly, which doesn't work against Falco. I saw you roll off the ledge into Falco while he was charging a Fsmash, and other illogical moves.

Plus Marth has an advantage on Falco, posting those matches did you no good >_>

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
I stopped watching your vid v sk92 after 40 seconds.

You gave up stage positioning by rolling, your approach was god awful, your spacing was crap, and you were very unsafe.

Get your arrogant **** out of here.
Dude, you have NO room to talk.

Illinialex showed me a video of you playing another Marth, and you rolled 5 times!! In the first 30 seconds!! What is that? I am not arrogant. I am just showing you guys I am not a bad Brawler. You can take it or leave it, as I said, but I don't see someone like SK92 giving you a compliment like that.

So I don't need to hear it. Obviously you can only talk, and can't execute on the playing field. I don't need an elitist prick to tell me how to play a character I know perfectly well how to play.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
lol, he starts winning after 40 seconds. So you watched his worst part...
I don't need to watch anything else, one can easily tell if someone doesn't play a good Marth in a short amount of time.

Know why he is 89th instead of 150th? Because it's hard as hell to punish some of the stuff he did such as rolling on wifi.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
No you did not beat me with your Marth. I clearly remember expecting Marth mirrors when I saw your avatar, and being slightly frustrated when I saw MK. Trust me, I pretty much keep a mental record of every Marth I play, idk why but its just something I do.

I watched most of the match in the first link you provided. And I saw more or less the same stuff I saw in your mirrors with illanex. Senseless double fair approaches that got you punished more often than not, and could have been a hell of a lot worse. I also saw you approaching with nair constantly, which doesn't work against Falco. I saw you roll off the ledge into Falco while he was charging a Fsmash, and other illogical moves.

Plus Marth has an advantage on Falco, posting those matches did you no good >_>
I was playing SK92??????? Was I SUPPOSED to beat him from a hypothetical matchup? You have no room to talk either. He is the best Falco in America. I played much better than your losing record ever could.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer

Illinialex showed me a video of you playing another Marth, and you rolled 5 times!! In the first 30 seconds!! What is that? I am not arrogant. I am just showing you guys I am not a bad Brawler. You can take it or leave it, as I said, but I don't see someone like SK92 giving you a compliment like that.

So I don't need to hear it. Obviously you can only talk, and can't execute on the playing field. I don't need an elitist prick to tell me how to play a character I know perfectly well how to play.
June 6th matches vs EL?

gg.

I've no recent matches of myself.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
LMAO, steel is known on here to have one of the best Marths on here, he is also one of the most knowledgeable members of the Marth community. He has a **** load of room to talk.

illinialex24

Smash Hero

I posted him the series of you playing emblem. And you do roll a lot.

And Cody is known on IGN to ****. He just has a reputation from his record.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
You gave me no acknowledgement towards your rolling, as I pointed out. Way to go.

I added your FC, Bengals.
LOL, please stop spreading your stupidity on Marth boards.

Once again, those matches were from June 6 when none of us were very good. I hardly roll at all now when I play, maybe once a match to roll away and reset spacing.

And you know what? We (marth boards) are elitist, and when someone comes on here spreading the bull**** you do you're going to hear it from multiple people.

You and your wifi-superstar Marth, GTFO.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I was playing SK92??????? Was I SUPPOSED to beat him from a hypothetical matchup? You have no room to talk either. He is the best Falco in America. I played much better than your losing record ever could.
xD

Anyone can look into their ladder feedback and find praise, its not hard:

"GGs, Great Marth that actually adapted to my playstyle" - Holy

"Best Marth I've played here!" - KishSquared

"Top notch marth. Doesn't F-air or Dancing Blade spam like most. Good CP'ing strategies. Good player. Best of luck!" - DullRazor

"amazing marth. Keep up the good work dude. Those matches were way too good and the spikes were amazing. I expect great things from you!" -Atire

"toughest marth i fought" - soccermonkey

iz i pro now!?!?!

illinialex24

Smash Hero
xD

"Top notch marth. Doesn't F-air or Dancing Blade spam like most. Good CP'ing strategies. Good player. Best of luck!" - DullRazor

"amazing marth. Keep up the good work dude. Those matches were way too good and the spikes were amazing. I expect great things from you!" -Atire

iz i pro now!?!?!

lol, except he beat you... and he isn't spreading stupidity, but reason, because you guys think you can walk over anyone...

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
xD

iz i pro now!?!?!
You have a LOSING record. Even online, that is terrible. IDC if you play mostly great players. I do too. Look at my most recent matches. Tapion. Says he's never gotten ***** so hard my a Marth. You guys are idiots. I don't get this kind of treatment except from you guys. People on AiB who are ranked in the top 20 give me praises all the time, most recently, Znake.

It's fine if you don't want to play me because I ROLLZ TOO MUCh and I HAZ NO SPACIN. Keep telling yourself that. My playstyle is just fine, and I'm not going to change it into the same old same old Marth like both of you guys Marths.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Lol, his MK beat me. That doesnt prove sh*t about his skill with Marth. The fact that I even took his MK to game 3 means it couldn't have been too great anyways. seeing as I get 2-0'd by MK's rather consistently

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
You have a LOSING record. Even online, that is terrible. IDC if you play mostly great players. I do too. Look at my most recent matches. Tapion. Says he's never gotten ***** so hard my a Marth. You guys are idiots. I don't get this kind of treatment except from you guys. People on AiB who are ranked in the top 20 give me praises all the time, most recently, Znake.

It's fine if you don't want to play me because I ROLLZ TOO MUCh and I HAZ NO SPACIN. Keep telling yourself that. My playstyle is just fine, and I'm not going to change it into the same old same old Marth like both of you guys Marths.
I'd like to see you maintain a winning record playing against only top players without using your MK. According to some feedback I'm seeing, it seems you switch to MK when you lose. lol

I'm sure thats saved your record on countless occasions, lmao

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Lol, his MK beat me. That doesnt prove sh*t about his skill with Marth. The fact that I even took his MK to game 3 means it couldn't have been too great anyways. seeing as I get 2-0'd by MK's rather consistently
LOL. I played his Marth as my main, Jigglypuff. Got killed. Played his MK and did fairly decently. And his MK beat HolyNightmare and his Marth is that much better. So stop talking before you embarass yourself.

And bengals, stop being 5 year old and stop double posting.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
You aren't worth my time, please stop spamming this thread so people can actually come here for help.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
LOL. I played his Marth as my main, Jigglypuff. Got killed. Played his MK and did fairly decently. And his MK beat HolyNightmare and his Marth is that much better. So stop talking before you embarass yourself.
Embarrass myself? You are talking about his godly double fair approaching skills and I'M embarrassing myself? I find that funny. I'd hope his Marth could beat your Jiggs, seeing as Marth dominates that matchup >_>

His MK beat HolyNightmare. Keyword there being MK. nuff said

And bengals, stop being 5 year old and stop double posting.
i think i might cut myself

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Embarrass myself? You are talking about his godly double fair approaching skills and I'M embarrassing myself? I find that funny. I'd hope his Marth could beat your Jiggs, seeing as Marth dominates that matchup >_>

His MK beat HolyNightmare. Keyword there being MK. nuff said

i think i might cut myself
lol, MK only has a medium to small advantage on ROB, and the fact is, he beat you. So stop acting like you are so much better than him when his Marth is better than his MK and his MK is winning some matches.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Allisbrawl doesn't mean ****.

Unless you pick up a wifi strategy (i.e roll spamming which would never work in a real tourney), you'll never have a winning record there.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I've said it once, I'll say it again. His MK beat me, if your MK doesnt beat me than your MK is awful. Period.

*EDIT: Especially wi-fi, where Marth needs super quick reactions to be able to keep the match semi-close

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
lol.............
Whats to "lol" about, the man speaks the truth. Not to bash wi-fi, I like it and do enjoy playing it, but its not the same experience as playing in person. And so I don't screw myself over when I do play in person, I try and play the same way on wi-fi as i would in person.

nintendoboy's playstyle is highly punishable, but he is able to get away with that because they are playing on wi-fi. If he is playing in person, he won't be able to get away with double fair approaches or constant rolling. It just doesn't work like that.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
Whats to "lol" about, the man speaks the truth. Not to bash wi-fi, I like it and do enjoy playing it, but its not the same experience as playing in person. And so I don't screw myself over when I do play in person, I try and play the same way on wi-fi as i would in person.

nintendoboy's playstyle is highly punishable, but he is able to get away with that because they are playing on wi-fi. If he is playing in person, he won't be able to get away with double fair approaches or constant rolling. It just doesn't work like that.
Just by curiousity, do you guys know ShadowHydra?

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman

Plain wrong.
Obnoxiously wrong.
Wrong thread, wrong board, wrong website, wrong double fair, wrong turn, wrong way.

You shouldn't be posting ever a video to claim your skills in a critique thread; or better; in any place in this board.
Thats just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom