• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Rowe

Smash Cadet
Ronike said:
On the whole, I like it. But the Up+B being a minibomb wouldn't work well as I can't see megaman.exe being such a good jumper that he doesn't need a third jump. Perhaps area steal working like mewtwo's teleport? That's how it is portrayed in the show. Also, down+B could switch between reflect, guard, invis, and antidamage with random probablilty (guard 40%, Reflect 35%, Antidamage 20%, Invis 5%). Up+a could be the headbut while the smash could be the uppercut. Also for the super, he could transform to Hub.exe and use a random program advance or dark chip. Just ideas.
And Protoman could be an alternate costume for zero with different attack visuals.
Actually he jumps really high in the GameCube game/anime. Also I made Up B like Yoshi's egg. I thought it would work well with mini bomb.

As for people talking about alternate skins, every Rockman is so different (or not even a Rockman) that I don't think a skin change is a good idea. Rockman is different from X. EXE is in an alternate reality and Dash/Legends is hundreds of years after Zero and ZX series. Thats just a personal thing with me.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I thought that he didn't jump too high in the game, but i haven't played in a while, so i could be wrong. And as for the anime, well all anime characters can jump high. I figured you were going for the yoshi egg with the minibomb. Another idea has occured to me with that, the bomb could have a random blast radius (minibomb, cross, spread, all others I can't think of). I know I might be getting a little too in to the random attack variants idea, but I like it.

Rowe

Smash Cadet
Ronike said:
I thought that he didn't jump too high in the game, but i haven't played in a while, so i could be wrong. And as for the anime, well all anime characters can jump high. I figured you were going for the yoshi egg with the minibomb. Another idea has occured to me with that, the bomb could have a random blast radius (minibomb, cross, spread, all others I can't think of). I know I might be getting a little too in to the random attack variants idea, but I like it.
Personally I wouldn't want to have to rely on random moves. I'd rather know what I'm going to get.

Falling Whistness

Smash Apprentice
Megaman has the danger of becoming similar to Samus. I think they should make use of his ability to use other people's weapons when he beats them. So if you get a kill, you get to use their abiliry for some time. Kinda like Kirby.

Rowe

Smash Cadet
Falling Whistness said:
Megaman has the danger of becoming similar to Samus. I think they should make use of his ability to use other people's weapons when he beats them. So if you get a kill, you get to use their abiliry for some time. Kinda like Kirby.
To be fair thats making him as close to Kirby as you just said he'd be to Samus.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Mega man anything would make me happy, but if X and especially Zero were in it. I think id die from excitement before ever getting to play

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
I ageee that Megaman MUST be in the game (just as long as it's not Megaman Zero version, it wouldn't make sense) but I doubt it. Solid Snake was a miracle but due to Megaman belonging to Capcom, the licensing's gonna be difficult (I still can't explain how the Hell is Snake in the game.) And if they take out Pichu/Mr. Game and Watch for Megaman or any related character, quoting the Hammer Bros. from Mario & Luigi Partners in Time...

Hammer Bros. said:
W00T W00T W00T!
Anyways, here is a moveset I thought up *no plagiarism or puns intended*

B=Mega Buster, just like Samus's Charge Shot, but the beam is a bit weaker and fires faster.

B+Up=Uppercut (originally seen in Marvel VS Capcom for PS) I don't think this one needs explaining, it's a flying uppercut, similar to Ryu's Shoryuuken *Street Fighter series*

B+Down=Slide Kick, um... Everyone knows this, right?

B+ Right/Left=Tango Rush Combo Attack. Rush the Dog and Tango the Robocat come charging at the enemy! *Note: Tango IS a character from Megaman. He appeared in the GameBoy games.*

Hyper Attack: (Is that how's it called?) Hyper Rush Megaman. Megaman fuses with Rush like in Megaman 8 for SNES and flies at the enemy, striking it physically for about 12 times, then charges a mega shot that is worth about 3 hits, the last one hurting more and causing an explodination of unprecedented propotions, warping our minds and sanity into eternal warpination and realization. LOL, I didn't mean that.

I'll see if I can make a move list for the other Megamans.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Yeah I agree, Id much rather see Mega man X's Zero as opposed too the new one. Hopefully, if for some reason he does make it in ssbb they will have alternate costumes so you could play as either

jpwalker123

Smash Apprentice
I wouldnt mind if he was part of Brawl but i rather have him not be in it. I just think he would be like Samus but alittle different so he doesnt really have a point of being in.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. Sure, Megaman's Buster is similar to Samus's, but the moves ARE different, at least judging from what I see according to move list above. But, oh what the Hell! MEGAMAN! MEGAMAN! MEGAMAN!!!

Shark X

Smash Lord
Thanks for bumping this. Until I seen this, the only topic I seen was that Megaman.EXE crap, so I linked that in my sig. Now I'll link this.

As my sig points out, MegaMan is who I want most after Sonic. Also want Bass (actually want Bass more, but since there's no chance for Bass unless MegaMan makes it in).

fireyredmystic

Smash Cadet
Although I would love to have our little Blue Bomber in the Brawl, it all depends on Capcom. Capcom has done some pretty interesting things to Nintendo in the past. An example would be that they made RE4 'exclusively' for the GC...only to later release it on the PS2. Also, much of their fighting game collaboration projects have been released on more PS2 and Xbox consoles than that of the GC. Since fighting game is only of their claim to fame, how likely will they trust Nintendo with their little blue $$$ maker?

Shark X

Smash Lord
Yeah thats the thing that worries me the most. We all know Sonic Team and Konami have a chance with their characters, but we don't know about Namco, Rare, Capcom, Hudson (so guys that made Bomberman, right? Or was that Kirby?), alot of them worry me.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
Mega Man is the best suited gaming legend to join Smash Bros.

His first games and even most of his games have been on Nintendo consoles.

I'd want classic blue bomber though.

I kinda like the idea of him being able to steal attacks like Kirby.

If they use classic Mega Man I could actually seem them making him a most projectile character. His standard A would probably be shots from his Mega Buster. His standard smash attack could be a big shot which unlike other Smashes would have to be a long range attack and could not be done on contact. B forward could be his missle hand. B up would probably be a rocket boost or his upper cut from Marvel VS Capcom and B down would be of course the Mega Man slide and his forward A would also be a slide but a weaker one. He could be quite a formidable character.

But if they don't want to use "steal attacks" like Kirby then I guess they could just give him some of his most notable borrowed attacks from classic bosses.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Many of the main crew from any of the Megaman series' can easily be integrated into SSBB. Though Megaman.EXE and Zero (from MMZ) are most likely, I want to see X, Zero (from MMX), and Bass. I'd be happy if any Rock got in, but those three would please me the most.

X's and Zero's moves: Eventually I should take a look and right down a whole list, because I've thought about it before. Zero is by far the easiest to do (assuming they use the MMX one), because all of the X games from X4 onward made liberal use of button combinations that would integrate seemlessly into Brawl. Though, of course, MMZ's Zero would also be easy to do.

Bass: I want to use a B move (the neutral one) and then shoot small burst in any directing like in Rockman and Bass. It would be exactly like Fox's lazer, but it would shoot a small burst of shots, then after a second delay or so, another burst (assuming you still hold B), and so on. Perfect for wracking up damage.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Khorsan said:
Many of the main crew from any of the Megaman series' can easily be integrated into SSBB. Though Megaman.EXE and Zero (from MMZ) are most likely, I want to see X, Zero (from MMX), and Bass. I'd be happy if any Rock got in, but those three would please me the most.

X's and Zero's moves: Eventually I should take a look and right down a whole list, because I've thought about it before. Zero is by far the easiest to do (assuming they use the MMX one), because all of the X games from X4 onward made liberal use of button combinations that would integrate seemlessly into Brawl. Though, of course, MMZ's Zero would also be easy to do.

Bass: I want to use a B move (the neutral one) and then shoot small burst in any directing like in Rockman and Bass. It would be exactly like Fox's lazer, but it would shoot a small burst of shots, then after a second delay or so, another burst (assuming you still hold B), and so on. Perfect for wracking up damage.
I agree as well but multiple Megamans wouldn't work, but then again, who knows? And please keep bumping this thread-I'd like Megaman!

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Don't be so quick to say that we couldn't get multiple megaman characters. While just one seems quite likely to be the quantity if we're even graced with such an event, I'd place a good chance of two characters getting in too. Capcom probably wouldn't mind it, and like I said, it's easy work to make them Brawl fighters.

I'll play some MMX4 and come back with some moveset ideas or something in the future, if I can remember to do so...

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Khorsan said:
Don't be so quick to say that we couldn't get multiple megaman characters. While just one seems quite likely to be the quantity if we're even graced with such an event, I'd place a good chance of two characters getting in too. Capcom probably wouldn't mind it, and like I said, it's easy work to make them Brawl fighters.

I'll play some MMX4 and come back with some moveset ideas or something in the future, if I can remember to do so...
I hate to be the one to mention it, but remember that, officially, Sakurai has said that there will only be one or two more 3rd Party characters other than Snake. I wouldn't count on getting more than one char from each company.

I'd love Megaman, but not Zero if he pushes out another 3rd party character.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
dotdotdot! said:
I hate to be the one to mention it, but remember that, officially, Sakurai has said that there will only be one or two more 3rd Party characters other than Snake. I wouldn't count on getting more than one char from each company.

I'd love Megaman, but not Zero if he pushes out another 3rd party character.
I hate to blow your bubbles folks, but if Sakurai said so then only Megaman will make the cut. Trust me on that, ALL of the original Megaman games were released on the NES, so only the original'll be there most probably.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
I'd give the original Rock a just slightly less chance then the .EXE version, though, because all of the .EXE has been released only on Nintendo consoles/handhelds and is more recent. Nintendo probably won't get into copying other fighters in using the Rock from MMO, but who knows. X would be a wonderful supprise, and Zero has made himself independent enough to still warrent a chance, in my oppinion.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
That's just sad, SSJ4Kazuki. Geno has a decent chance, though maybe less due to only being in one game. He shouldn't even be discussed overly much here, because this is the wrong thread.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Megaman's various forms

Megaman.exe

Megaman X for everyone. This one's on Playstation 2, sadly.

Zero is way cool. I guess hotlinking to geocities is a bad idea??

The little blue thing is the old OLD megaman.

UH OH, PAGE STRETCHY!

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Too bad the X picture no workies. And other than Rock's example being only a score or so pixles high as opposed to the hundreds that the other's were given, it's a nice illustrated example of what we can hole for. Minus no pictures yet for MMX Zero and the more obscure characters... the latter not really nessicary becasue that would take up an obseen amount of space.

And despite it's impossibility, Double from MMX4 would be so cool. I always hated him in that "wow, nicely done asshat" sort of way, and he seems to be able to lend a moveset. But he has probably less chance than anyone else suggested thus far in the thread (well, 'cept maybe Roll...).

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
I'm inclined to agree with you (perhaps not as strongly with the disgrace part), but I just feel that Capcom will lean more towards the other series'. I definately concur to using X4 for the moves, even though that was a step outside of Nintendo's consoles.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
True, it wasnt a Nintendo game, but Im not sure if any of the X games were on a Nintendo system. If they dont do X, i guess classic would work better. The new battle network stuff isnt all that great in my opinion.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
The first three of the X series originated on the SNES (with X3 running onto the PS after its Nintendo release), and Command Mission was shared with the GCN. Because X and his generation of pals originated on a Nintendo Console, he's got at least a chance of making it onto Brawl; otherwise, he wouldn't meet one of the requirements to be eligible.

SSJ4Kazuki: Wow, somehow the Legends Megaman (aka from MM64) slipped my mind. He probably would work quite well, but remember that he originated on the PS... at least I'm fairly certain he did. I believe it was first released as legends for the PS, then the 64 version was released, and then it's sequal only made it onto the PS.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Oh, i have moveset ideas!!!

^B: Magma uppercut attack (officially known as rising magma, but the charged form can make it recover)
B: Blaster thingy
>B: Nova Strike
vB: Frost Tower

Another idea: his grab can be Cyber Peacock's attack, and you have to aim it to grab them, then you can shoot them as the A attack, and then you can move them away with the aiming thing (the waeaker they are, the more control you have)

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Ya, the ^B and B are fairly obvious, and the other two are the ones where you can pick and choose. I need to plug in my PS1 and see how much I like them.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
I think gorund hunter one is kind of crappy, but maybe it can be like an alternate to X buster?

Your idea is cool though, pick and choose. Maybe you get a list of all of megaman's moves when you select megaman and then you pick your moves. All the recovery moves would still be up B, but the rest of the moves can be anywhere. This customizable megaman adds so much variety to gameplay!

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
That actually was not what I was thinking, but it makes for a valid idea. Perhaps pressing vB to change colour, then >B to use whatever move is associated. All of the Rock's must have a B Buster move, that should never be changed. I also am weary of customizing before battle... that just starts to annoy your opponents in the battle's setup, you might chose the wrong thing and have to live with it, and everyone will know before battle.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I hereby post a revised version of my suggested movelist for Megaman.

B=Mega Buster, just like Samus's Charge Shot, but the beam is a bit weaker and fires faster, not to mention it could also have rapid-fire capacity, sorta like Fox's Blaster but slower.

B+Up=Plasma Uppercut (originally seen in Marvel VS Capcom for PS) I don't think this one needs explaining, it's a flying uppercut, similar to Ryu's Shoryuuken *Street Fighter series*. The only flaw it could have is that when he lands he makes a taunt, which is it's flaw.

B+Down=Slide Kick, um... Everyone knows this, right? Advantage: Fast. Flaw: Remember how whenever you did a certain aerial attack with some character you would just fall and no matter what you did the character wouldn't do anything? Something like that.

B+ Right/Left=Tango Rush Combo Attack. Rush the Dog and Tango the Robocat come charging at the enemy! *Note: Tango IS a character from Megaman. He appeared in the GameBoy games.*

Hyper Attack: (Is this how's it called? ------------>) Hyper Rush Megaman. Megaman fuses with Rush like in Megaman 8 for SNES and flies at the enemy, striking it physically for about 12 times, then charges a mega shot that is worth about 3 hits, the last one hurting more and causing an explodination of unprecedented proportions, warping our minds and sanity into eternal warpination and realization.

Not much but hey, gotta think right? :)

Top Bottom