• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Megaman music is indeed of legendary status. I still find myself humming various Robot Master and Dr. Wily stage BGMs. However, Megaman X music is just a notch or two better, IMO - maybe just because I'm one of those who started out on X rather than the OG.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Hokay, level theories time!

Top Man: Standard flat area like Final, but it's two-leveled, and the top level is not solid. Tops spin and go around the stage at a moderate rate. They're the hazard - if you get hit by the bottom of the top, you take damage and some knockback. If you jump on it or over it, you're safe.

Elec Man/Spark Man: Two-section stage that's separated by a set of spikes. Hitting these means tremendous knockback (Mega Man, after all). On top of that, as you fight, random areas become slightly charged with electricity, giving you a warning, and a few seconds later, Spark Man's weapon (Two paralell lines manifesting and flying away from each other) fires off.

Fire-based Robot Masters 1-infinity: All along the level is large turbo chargers, fused with the ground. A little flicker of non-harming flame starts, then a large jet shoots out. Think Super Mario Bros 3. In fact, it'd be a good Mario Bros 3 level instead...

Gravity Man: Every so often, the screen goes a little black, and a surge of energy crackles out. For 3-10 seconds (Random), gravity is enhanced anywhere on the floor. Meaning that anyone air-fighting above a platform fast falls, and anyone who's not on the platform doesn't fastfall (AKA "Let's Make Sure Fox Doesn't **** Himself Up.")

Cut Man: Blades go flying across the stage on regular intervals, causing effects not unlike Link's boomerang (as it returns, not as it goes forward) Except it does massive damage and travels at a steady rate.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Back on the music, hopin they put Bubblemans stage music in one of the stages, pretty sure one of the best songs in megaman games, also itd be sweet if Bass would appear every now and then and start shooting...

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
i'm not tryin to flame you or start a post war, but that IS NOT THE ORIGINAL megaman in that video. That is precisely the battlenetwork/.exe megaman that I dont like. I don't care if he got crushed by megaman zero. You see its mix ups like this that make me want the classic/original megaman in the game even more so that people wont think this .exe crap is megaman. Or that megaman zero is zero... sheesh people he's not that old...
Hey, Megaman stages would have some kick a$$ music with it
sheesh!!, what do people have against EXE. megaman?! he looks different, but he's still megaman!, you people aren't very open to new things megaman wise, are you?.

and as a response to odinm4gick, if you want hear real kicka$$ music, then listen to RUSH, megaman music, their just catchy tunes to give the game, uh you know, rythem?, i dunno... :ohwell:

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
sheesh!!, what do people have against EXE. megaman?! he looks different, but he's still megaman!, you people aren't very open to new things megaman wise, are you?.
WHOA. Hey there,

I have tried out the new Mega Man fads and the only one I didn't like EXE. (Legends was awesome, Zero was hard as heck and ZX looks like it might be cool.)

That Mega Man is a computer thingy and the OG is a Robot. I didn't like EXE for the fact it treated Mega Man like a pokemon. I mean, he's owned by some Kid for crying out loud.
I tried it out...and didn't care so much for it. Saw a couple episodes of the anime and still wasn't impressed. Though MEga's voice was pretty cool.

Not flaming you or yelling at you. Just telling you my thoughts. I mean, I grew up with the OG and X...I felt bad that my All time favorite super hero and video game character was reduced to a handheld computer that some kid used. POOR MEGAMAN. How the mighty have fallen. :(

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i have nothing against the .exe megaman. i don't like him, but i dont hate him. I just get mad when people claim he is megaman, when infact he is megaman.exe. The orginal megaman was a robot, not a computer program. While he may be based off of megaman, he is still not the same...As far as being open to new ideas, i am, but that doesn't mean I have to accept all the ideas. I tried the games and the show, it just wasn't the same feel. Capcom definitely changed megaman to try and capture a new generation, but jus like megaman i was born in '87. And the idea of some software being a "hero" is a little lame to me:ohwell:

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I, for one, have plenty against Megaman EXE.

For one, it's not ****ing Mega Man.

And two, I don't need any other reason.

Mega Man EXE was only a "Mega Man" game because Capcom had an idea for an RPG featuring cybernetic worlds with a little "personality" that could kill viruses. It wouldn't sell unless it had a name, and BAMF, Mega Man had a new universe.

Mega Man has always been about side scrolling/3D baddie-shooting, killing Robot Masters/Mavericks/Neo Arcadians and absorbing their powers/Navi (Mega Man Zero was terrific, after all.). I just don't want to play a Mega Man game that doesn't have that. And that's really all there is to it.

I tried the engine, to be fair. I didn't like the grid-based movement system, because it felt like it was trying to be like Big Daddy Squaresoft and failing miserably. It's just not a Mega Man Game. It's Hey Let's Make an RPG and Tag Mega Man Into It So It Sells.

Anyway, now that I got THAT off my chest.

I'm getting Mega Man ZX in a few days. I'll let you know how it is.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
I tried the games and the show, it just wasn't the same feel. Capcom definitely changed megaman to try and capture a new generation, but jus like megaman i was born in '87. And the idea of some software being a "hero" is a little lame to me:ohwell:[/QUOTE

well, atleast you tried it out instead of just ignoring it... but you didn't have to watch the show!

and yeah i'll give you credit, the idea of some software being a "hero" is a little lame, but wouldn't be cool if you had megaman in the palm of your hand?, i know i'd like that!.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
*nod*
Yes. I would like to see how it ends.

Though I fear it might end sad.

Cause X was just left alone in the lab...I wonder happened to Dr. Light.

And Power Fighters left some loops. One ending Dr. Wily was working on Zero and Bass was complaining about it.

Gawd I have so many theories....but I won't get into them.

X.X

Mega Man FTW!
i don't mean to sound like a know-it-all (or go off topic again :embarrass ,) but i DO know how the classic series ends... but i won't say it here, i might get a bad reaction, and it's not exactly what people want to hear... so i'll drop it... :ohwell:

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...I didn't really like the EXE. Games either. It felt to different from the traditional MegaMan games. Also, I think Megaman would be a little more like a mix between kirby and samus, IMO. Absorbing abilities and whatnot.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
He would probably use standard kicks and punches for A moves. I could see a headbutt move. For copying weapons i had this weird and funny idea that he could do it in a grab... like instead of pressing a to kick them, he would take their move, but i don't know. Having a Forward B in which he grabs out might be better.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
The ability steal is a pretty good idea, but it's a little unoriginal, how about this B-button moveset instead?: B charge, >B Hadouken, ^B Shouryuuken & VB slide/dash; and his A-button moves could be adapted from MvC!, what do think EH? :)
ha, i quoted myself.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Problem is this is MEGAMAN, not Ryu, that we're talking about - and with the HUGE array of abilities he's had in the past, it would be a crime to incorporate only is charge shot and power slide and then fill the gap with Sreet Fighter moves...

And just HOW does the Classic series end? Sure we know that Dr. Light builds X and puits him away, Dr. Wily builds Zero and puts him away - but that's pretty much it... It's a real bummer they haven't made ANY effort to interconnect the two series together since X4...

icymatt

Smash Lord
How about a Rush or Beat ability? Maybe one of the weapons Mega Man got in one of the games (Leaf Shield?)

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
i'm a little skeptical about megaman's pets being in the game, maybe because it would be a bit hard to take him seriously, when you get mauled by a pink dog!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i'm a little skeptical about megaman's pets being in the game, maybe because it would be a bit hard to take him seriously, when you get mauled by a pink dog!
hey, rush is sick! i think they could use his r-coil as an up+B (see my moveset post in this thread)..
oh yaeh and alpha noob, that explanation you had was sick too, but I wanna what to happened to the orginal megaman (some speculate some of his parts were used for X), protoman, and bass. There is a big storyline gap there!

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
well, that storyline gap was put there for your imagination, and as for megaman and crew, well they were destroyed by zero (execpt for protoman) , was'nt that obvious? (and if not, sorry for the spoilers people!) anyways, WAIT, RUSH?!, not cool.....

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I was just thinking about the Mega Man games and came up with the fact that he really only gets the enemy powers when the boss is destroyed. That would take some getting use to in Smash, but it could happen. The cartoon is where he touches other robots to get their powers. Perhaps if they did the game way of doing it, it would silence all the people that are saying he is too much like Kirby, but I don't know. It might just be too weird to get a characters power after KOing them. Plus there is the question of how to implement it after getting the power said way. I guess you could have a Dead >B move until you kill someone, but that isn't that great or I guess it could shoot normal shots until you do. It might be better just to have a move designated to steal moves then use that move to use the attack. Then I suppose you could get rid of the attack by taunting. That is a lot like Kirby, but not saying he would be a clone. I believe it would work.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
I think Megaman will be a great projectile character, with his charge-up shot, and stuff like that..

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
actually, alot of people were thinking the same thing as you, go flip through the forums!
Great minds think alike :laugh: , but if you are referring to reading the 40 pages of posts to make sure that someone else has thought of what I said, then how about not. I don't have time to read everything and it's hard to get that specific of a search.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
yeah, i initially thought zero killed everyone too, i mean its pretty obvious he killed wily, buut if he killed everybody then who shut him down before Sigma? Cuz the X series takes place about 100 yrs after the original, (20XX and 21XX) and zero couldn't have been on a rampage for 100 yrs! I think right after dr. light built X, Zero killed wily and went crazy/maverick. then megaman, protoman, and bass all had to team up to defeat zero. they couldn't kill him but they did shut him down. The damage they sustained during the fight was far too great so they were destroyed..and shortly after dr. light dies..of old age. Fearing the worst of the dr. lights robots, the people of earth order roll and rush to be shutdown as well. years later before X is found, Zero is turned back on mysteriously by the virus...okay u guys can get back on topic now..

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
That's not cannon (I don't think), though it's heavily suggested and assumed by the fan community.

I was just thinking about it - Couldn't we make it so Mega Man was really heavy, and his up B either collected Rush Jet or Beat to carry him around? It'd be like Kirby or Jiggz's second jumps, except up B only and really easy to interrupt (The obvious advantage being able to go above someone and drop in).

Just a thought I had.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Megaman shouldnt be heavy, the guy is a kid, sure ehs made of metal, but in all of his games, is he THAT heavy, no, also the uppercut he does in MVC should be his up b, would be similair to marios, only it will give one powerful hit instead of multiple weak hits...

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I think Zero was made using parts of Protoman and Megaman X was made using parts of Megaman. I might need to play some of the games again to make sure, but i think that's how it went. Also, why not make him heavy? Samus is heavy, but she isn't a fast faller, so just because he is heavy doesn't mean he would move like Ganondorf or Bowser.

Top Bottom