• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Niagara Thread - PR Update 07/14/2013

Bing

Smash Master
I'll just give everyone a heads up, next tournament will probably be the 16th or 23rd. I requested those dates, they're open. One will be melee, the other will be Brawl. Get Hype?. Yes. Indeed.

Okay so there are a few things that have been bothering since the last tournament and I want to get them off my chest.

1.) This holding up the bracket/pools to go get high, needs to stop. I'm not kidding around. I understand legitimate reasons, like bathroom, phone calls, hell, went to get food is semi-legitimate but still a bit annoying, but I mean it happens. We're already not supposed to have anything to do with Pot at tournaments, I mean seriously guys -_-.

2.) Cleaning up after yourselves. Enough said, Todd is nice enough to let us use the Venue every Friday for free and only charges 5$ venue fee for tournaments. Thats pretty generous considering he's also allowing us to keep the TVs and such at his store. So please guys, throw **** away, theres a few garbage cans in the room.

3.) Read the Code of Conduct and Embrace it, Niko and I have each posted one on the facebook group and Niko added his to the front page of this group.

4.) This is more of a personal one, but it goes for anyone who hosts; If you have a question and you see the T.O/host playing, don't be afraid to ask, however if they reply with "I'm playing a set" or something along those lines, don't repeatidly ask the question/pestor the TO/Talk ****. I'm not going to call anyone out, but during one of my sets last tournament, the same person asked me who they had to play next in bracket 3 times during the same set, this is after I told them I was in a set. During which I could also hear them talking **** about how poorly I run tournaments for not being able to answer their question on the spot. Inb4 thats the duty of a TO or some remark like that, Its annoying.

With that being said, I figured I should "teach"/explain how to use tio, the program we use for producing brackets and such. If you want to find out who you play, find yourself on the bracket in tio. IF you won/lost the previous set and want to find out who you play next. Double Click the person who won the prior set and find yourself in the next round/Losers bracket. Thats it. With that being said, normally I can tell you who you play next, unless Im playing a set.

5.) Last point I'd like to touch on, The anger level needs to chill, including with myself, last tournament I was rather disappointed/Angry with myself after my loss against Will. We always have close/intense sets and I really want to beat him, but I lost. someone made a comment about me being salty which really pissed me off, and I tossed my controller(For that I apologize) but yeah, just keep it down :p.

Okay I'm done ranting, love you guys <3

Also, Sorry the PR hasn't been updated, Niko's computer's dead at the minute :p

Edit: Okay so the tournaments on the 16th, I'll make the thread later

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'm not going to explain why I said I was going to quit... I'm really not.

On Friday, I am bringing a N64 with a copy of Super Smash Bros. 64. I am a N64 Collector and I take care of all of my N64 merchandise EVEN if I'm using it as a back up or for play.

You MUST bring your own N64 Controller, I am anal on my controllers and will not supply an extra one.

Please do not touch the console unless I said you can, or the game and/or put food or drinks near the console.

I'm sorry if i'm sounding like an *******, but I am protective about my N64 stuff. Other then that. If you don't want to play Smash I have all Mario Parties, Mario Kart, Golf, Ect...

See you all Friday.

Bing

Smash Master
Ryan we have an N64 there, so if you could just bring the game and any of your stuff that would be great. I won't be there until 10ish because of work but I defs want to get some Smash64 games in. If it gets enough interest I might consider running 64 side tournaments at the monthlies.
Glad to hear you're not quitting though Ryan, you've made great progress.

Well Niko gave me his password so I could update the PR myself but thats not working so I'll just post it here until further notice.

1.Will :mario2: :marth:
2.Niko_K :fox: :peach:
3.KC :luigi2:
4.WingZero(Bing) :fox: :peach: :falcon:
5.FoxyLibra(Cam) :fox:
6.MED$ :drmario: :sheik:
7.Ryan :falco:
8.Bren :marth: :sheik:
9.Read :peach: :yoshi:
10.WhoeverWantsThisSpotAndActuallyComesOut. :random:

Bing

Smash Master
Umm, theres a guy I met once in Toronto named Falcowned. I havent heard from him in awhile and I think he has two friends that dabble around with Melee too, I'll send you his cell number on facebook(If I can find it, that is)

Bing

Smash Master
It would be... but theres like 3 of you that come to Niagara tournaments.. lmfao. So basically it would be teams.

Posting this everywhere. But would anyone be interested in adding a side event to the tournament? If so what would you like to see?

Saux

Smash Apprentice
I think if we were to come to a tourney in the summer we could bring 5 at least, but yeah. Maybe draft crews would be fun, we've done that a few times at st tourneys and it was awesome

Bing

Smash Master
Hey guys, I have a midterm this saturday so I won't be joining for casuals on friday. Should be fine for next week though.
Poop. Good luck though.

I think if we were to come to a tourney in the summer we could bring 5 at least, but yeah. Maybe draft crews would be fun, we've done that a few times at st tourneys and it was awesome
Well Impulse 2 is happening this summer, so how about we do it there?

Ya I gotta work today so i cant join in on causuals tn. hope everyone has a good time
PFFT you never come! Its cool man, the working life sucks, I know, I only go from 10 to 11 because I work from 12:30 to 10

Niko_K

Smash Master
I finally have a computer again and will update the PR based on the last tournaments results.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Furthermore, now that I am back there needs to be a serious discussion in regards to the emotional nature of tournament play and how to help some of our friends who struggle with defeat. There's no reason to give up something you find fun because of competition. It's unfair to only enjoy the game when you're winning and I find it to be very unsportsmanlike. I hope we can improve how individuals within the community perceive themselves within the competitive context and ensure it doesn't create a social divide based upon skill.

Brad I need the links for the results thread for both January and Februaries monthlies. Should I go ahead and start to use this thread for further tournament updates via the OP?

Niko_K

Smash Master
Come out to tournaments and you'll be on there in no time at all. Definitely brother I'll sit down with you and show you some AT's and strategies for recovery.

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
respectz bro u gota teach me that falco tech skill too... ur gona b like obiwan and im anakin lmaooo

Niko_K

Smash Master
My falco is absolutely horrible but I could still teach you some things that you could apply in your own way with your own methodological approach.

Brad you still haven't posted the results from the last tournament on February 16th. I can't update the PR until you post these results.

I'm going to start updating the OP right now and all tournaments will be listed in the OP and discussed in this thread. Links to the result threads will be posted in the OP and thus we can create a universal thread for all of our activities.

I'd also like to try and start a brawl scene to run alongside the melee community at The Toy Trove. It would be ideal to have Brawl and Melee tournaments two weeks apart from eachother so that we can create a persistent presence at the store and continue to gain interest and recruit new players. Doing so will also increase the potential for new Melee players based on their resentment for Brawl ( horrible I know ) and thus strengthen the community as a whole.

Brad get on the results....

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
If anyone knows ANY N64 Smashers try to get them to come out. Also thank you for removing me from the P/R. I will go to the casuals but not enter tournaments anymore, the stress gets to me and can't focus, it's like i'm a new *** playing. If everyone didn't know that is the reason. I am sorry Niko :p.

I may make it tonight and quite possibly bringing my laptop :p.

P.S: Everyone take your **** home. Stuff just "happens" to disappear apparently :glare:

______________________________________________________________________________________
:falcomelee: :luigimelee: :mewtwomelee: :pikachu64: :ness64: :mario64: :luigi64: :kirby64: :jigglypuff64: :fox64: :falcon64: :olimar: <--- Everyone I play in the according games.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Agreed with Ryan. Everyone needs to take home their Gamecubes, games and any other loose equipment besides televisions home. We've had a few unfortunate incidents which have resulted in the loss of one of my Gamecubes + Copy of SSBM, Brads A/V Cables / Power Cables, and Ryans N64. It's best if we just bring in our consoles and equipment on Fridays and tournament dates. Both of which are now listed in the original post.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Poor Warchamp....

DeadLastClown which area you from? 2kool2kare is from Welland and most of us are from St.Catharines.

Top Bottom