• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ohio Brawl Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

lou4222

Smash Lord
I have seen BYAA one time in my life and it was WAB back in Feb. I know he goes to TYM. Going to TYM and TYM only is not good enough to make the list. Circuit events and locals are what it takes. Z has been to two circuits all the WABs, Hams off my Bread and Springfield monthlys. If BYAA went to one Springfield tourney and all the TYMs that would be good enough. Or one circuit event. TYM isnt held regularly enough for that to be the only tourney you go to and be able to be considered for the list.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Like Lou said earlier, Ohio has a lot of people that could make the HM.

I mentioned that Blue Rogue should've been on HM, but in the end I agreed that he didn't attend enough tournies.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
ITT is good, but needs to do a little more research about current smash. He had AZ over me when I placed just as high if not higher than AZ at tournaments towards the beginning of summer. It's all good though.

Where's the love Q? I put him above you based on Cot4 where you both placed the same and how he handles himself at larger oos tournies. You're both about tied and if I could I would place you both in the same spot. (You're #1 in my heart though no homo)

As far as NEOH representation, I agree entirely. King Yoshi should totally be back there. He's gone to the same amount if not, more tournies than I have and usually hangs out and gets to know the players a little better than I do.

Argentstew will most likely make the next list because he destroyed a LOT of face @ TYM VI (after the list was already made) and will most likely continue destroying @ places like OUGA and springfield.

Blue Rogue is definitely good enough to be on there, but like they said, he doesn't attend enough tournies. Blue Rogue is srsly like the M2K of AiB tournies though, his parents just don't trust me (creepy 23 year old that has a sonic the hedgehog fetish) to drive him 4 hours to stay the night at someone's house that we both met online where drugs and alcohol may or may not be used on the premesis.

BYAA... psh, he's a scrub. After losing to Chibosempai's ROB... ouch... just.... ouch... Srsly though, I'd say BYAA is around Capem's level, maybe a lil' higher. He's gone to PA a couple times and Indiana for a circuit event. He's usally busy during a lot of the tournies though. He said that's gonna change this next semester though so we'll see.

QUIVO

Smash Master
There's plenty of love ITT, lots uh' homo <3

I guess that makes sense for cot4, but I didn't know we were counting those.

I'm definitely voting Argent for the next HM

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Argent I had you honorable mention cause you stepped up your game. You deserve it in my opinion. Just point people to me if anyone wants to know why, cause I think you can even compete for top 10 (not just top 15). Lucario is scary and you are the best one in Ohio.

To me the MK's in Ohio go:

1. Overswarm
2. Capem
3. Z
4. BYAA

But then again I could only 1 stock BYAA in tournament (though I did it 3 times in a row) and I managed to 2 stock Z in tournament...Shrugsz...Capem knows the MK/Diddy match up better than anyone else though.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Thanks, AZ... I don't want this discussion to be about me though... I didn't make the list... End of story... I'm doing a pretty good job of proving that I belong there this time...

Going to TYM and TYM only is not good enough to make the list.
What about the Cleveland monthlies? BYAA! has gone to most of those and won every one he went to... There are plenty of good players have been to those... Me, ITT, Beegs, King Beef, Bboy, Suyon... I know there are more people to add to that list, but you've probably never heard of them either... :p

Do you guys consider those? Do you even know they exist?

I think I may have already made my point before this though... Perhaps I'm having too much fun with this discussion now... :psycho:

QUIVO

Smash Master
I knew those existed, but never paid attention to them. I would've expected ITT to mention who was doing well at those.

Central Ohio and Southward, is kinda ignorant in NEOH competition. The only time any of us go up is for TYM, and those are the only big tournaments. All those guys can be attending these small tournaments and do fine at them, but how are we supposed to know how they fair with the rest of Ohio if they don't attend any tournaments or travel out of their own little cities? We can't put them in the PR unless they actually fight other Ohioans besides NEOH.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I see where you're coming from with that, Quivo... I guess it all rests on the NEOH representative to help put those tournies into perspective for the rest of the panel... Or maybe representatives? :D

QUIVO

Smash Master
We (as in 2-3 people at most) did have a discussion about adding another NEOH rep, but everyone somehow managed to avoid it.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'd like to note when Me/Q/Nope when to TYM we got 1-3rd. Granted, Shugo and Chaos wheren't there, but KB/Blue Rogue/others were.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Haha AZ, I don't think anyone is debating against you 3 being on the list...

Nope

Smash Lord
NEOH is not being ignored for the PR rankings. You guys have some very good players in your region of Ohio. The main problem is only 3-4 of them attend tournaments regularly, sure the rest of them might go to local TYM's, King Yoshi's tournaments and pools poolz.

*The following is not directed at anyone in particular as it seems everyone has questions.

But you can't just go to a few locals with local talent and place well and expect to be on the list. You have to be willing to travel to other regions of Ohio or some Regional Circuit events. Everyone on the list has at the current time.

Some of the tournaments in NEOH would be the equivalent of every Springfielder coming over to my house every night and having a tournament. We have 8-12 People over potentially. So someone who places well in our personal house tournament every night doesn't mean they deserve to be on the power rankings.

If you went to Genesis and got 25th but your first 3 matches were MarthMaster1337, Random Ike Guy and noobslayer4life somehow. While Quivo went and placed 65th but he went last stock game 3 with Ally, beat a respected OOS player then lost to M2K. Quivo would still probably be ranked higher because we saw him play tougher competition and do well.

So I'm going to paste something from the front page for everyone to reread assuming they did read it in the first place.

Position Criteria

* Tournament Performance

It's not about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated and who they lost to. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective performances over history and of recent times.

* Consistency of Results

If a person has done well or poorly in a singular tournament, it is not enough to warrant a major shift in their respective rank. On the other hand, a person who has continually produced similar results over many tournaments will be assessed accordingly.

* Competitiveness of Tournaments Participated In

It's great that you can win a local GameStop tournament, but if there's no good there, don't expect it to boost your ranking. Tournaments which have highly ranked or respected participants (from either local or out of state regions) will be given greater weight.

Again if anyone has any questions at all hit me up on AIM or talk to me at a tournament and I will lay down tournament data in front of you and gladly talk to you respectfully about the list and talk with you about why someone shouldn't/should be on the list. I'm always open and willing to be convinced otherwise.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I have been impressed by only Shugo in NEOH. None of the other players even register as a concern for me. Placing above where you used to place or "making top 32" in a 40 man tournament doesn't really mean much to me. If you can't hang with the people on the list, you can't do much.

I don't even care much about travel. I care about playing other players in ohio. Everyone in the top 10 has played the majority of the players in Ohio, and has done well. Z was my hardest match at the last tournament I was in, and I won that tournament. Z was my first game, and I got lucky to beat him. This is a consistent theme with playing Z, so I'd put him as HM for sure :p

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Apparently, I got off topic a little... I was trying to make a case for why there should be a second NEOH rep... I know we're not being ignored... I just saw a discrepancy and wanted to point it out... I was only using the rest of my argument as support (poor support I suppose) for my original statement...

Nope

Smash Lord
The statements weren't aimed at you argent and I have already stated that neoh will be getting another rep before the next vote

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
OK, Nope... That's cool... I'm starting to get the idea behind all this now... There are some other things I could point out, but I don't think they're important enough to bring up... I'd just be prolonging the discussion, and I'm already being more defensive than normal...

I have been impressed by only Shugo in NEOH. None of the other players even register as a concern for me. Placing above where you used to place or "making top 32" in a 40 man tournament doesn't really mean much to me. If you can't hang with the people on the list, you can't do much.
Extra motivation for when I finally play ya... :chuckle:

Smash Apprentice
You've gotta get to me first. You'll find me in the winner's finals.
I wish I could make it that far before I have to play you, Mr. "the second person I play at EVERY tournament."

'Salright. You'll start whining about having to play ME soon enough.;)

Tee hee.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I already AM whining about playing you!

Do you have any idea how close you've come to knocking me into loser's or straight OUT of the tournament EVERY TIME WE PLAY?

I will go toe-to-toe with every other MK I've ever played, including Judge, and you wipe the floor with me. I have no idea what to do, really. I'm gonna have to keep hoping I have some crazy secondary to finish you off with.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think he learned it PLAYING me. I believe he 3-stocked Mr. E the next set he played, kinda taking him by surprise. I think Mr. E just about pulled it back in game 2, but ****.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
My head wasn't in the game at all that first match. I led most of the second game WOO PICTOCHAT but he ended up pulling it out on me anyway. I figured he'd win the third game anyway but it didn't get that far. :(

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
The hardest matches I've played with any NEOH player has been Argent.

At the last TYM, I took Shugo to game 3 last stock and choked for the loss and I beat Blue Rogue in a MM 2-0 (even though he knew grab release shenanigans so no "I didn't know the matchup" johns.) I beat ITT 2-0 in pools as well. I didn't get a chance to play BYAA even though I looked for him after singles for a MM :(

Argent has really stepped his game up and Shugo is definetly PR worthy (and possibly the best player in Ohio) but I don't think lack of NEOH representation has influenced the PR against them so much as people around there just not traveling to tournaments where more of the best Ohio smashers are.

Also, yea Z is really good. He'll be on the PR before long if he keeps going to tournaments and playing like he does.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
^More like texture johns. ;p Rematch at OUGA's?

So ya, as long as ITT doesn't seduce me with fake Tails' ears I'll be gettin' on har soon.
Get at me.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
You deserve to be on here, Blue Rogue... I hope you come to more tournies! That is the purpose of the list, right? To help improve the competitive scene? :laugh:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I totally thought I was gonna fail hardcore at the last tournament. I went in feeling like I wasn't going to do well, lost first round, and managed to tear my way all the way to 5th place. Wish I had another loss possible so I could get at Sago again ;D

Overswarm

is laughing at you
haha so how many ohio tournaments do i have to go to, to be on this?
Reside in Ohio and be such a frequent occurence in multiple areas that you are someone people watch out for in tournaments, then you're good to go. The only reason we didn't put Shugo higher before is because he basically had TYM and then nothing.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I can See a lot of people on this PR getting booted off...I can see a few people Moving Up and down...I can see a few new faces...and I can also see Lots of new HMs.... I'm so excited to see this hehehe....Lets judge this fairly now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom