• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Oklahoma Power Rankings (Updated 11-18)

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Much love to Tom... He didn't have to put his rank on the line like that.

Yawara, just leave it like that until you guys work out the REAL rankings... I suspect that if I keep working hard, I'll have a legit rank soon enough.

But for now, yes, dreams do come true, and there is one man in Oklahoma you should never, ever underestimate--That man is Po Pimpus, and he will LIGHT YOU ON FIRE.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
What happened last time we played? Oh that's right, SHORYUKENS and MISFIRES... Keep on clapping at the end of the match, son... Keep on clapping...

LOL. I've missed you, Babac...

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Oh, but it did! Did you not see Spot #4? One of the greatest players in OK History is there. That dude is simply AMAZING! I can't believe no one noticed his skill and talent until now... What an awesome guy he is!

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
my prediction

1. bassem
2. kosmos
3. fk
4. typ_ex
5. young deezy
6. zinth
7. chuck nasty
8. sars pirate
9. kuni
10. fatty

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
that is probably expected, most likely caus eof where i put josh.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
heh, i just looked at our old PRs

1 bassem
2 kosmos
3 zinth
4 fk
5 typ ex
6 young deezy
7 chuck nasty
8-10 sars pirate, fatty, shade in any order.

i just based these purely on the last two tournies. i suppose i may (not) argue after i see the real ones.

sorry bryan, didnt see your name at nk v2. fixed for that reaosn.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Just wait for the PR to come out Tom, and Po you're gonna get talked about trust me.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
My predictions:

1. Tatsuman
2. Genshuku
3. KingGT
4. Lil Will
5. Deezy
6. The rest of OK

po pimpus

Smash Ace
LOL Paul...

We have so many players that I've only seen once or twice in MY ENTIRE FREAKIN' RUN that if they had all stuck around, OK would be sooo beast. Everyone was so... varied and original for the most part *speaking mostly of Melee, but it could transfer to Brawl as well*

Oh, well. Get to voting, beeyotches!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Kuni good, Fatty Good, Bassem/Chris/Zinth/Deezy/FK/Tom/Sars/Tetris players are good.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
My predictions:

1. Tatsuman
2. Genshuku
3. KingGT
4. Lil Will
5. Deezy
6. The rest of OK
you see, you dont even know genshuku. only me and josh can talk about that.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
tatsuman is an old smash player who believe it or not, has a winning record in tournament against paul. hes a ddd guy who now plays brawl +

genshuku is the ****tiest brawl player ive played in history.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
2 questions

which tournaments were involved in the making of this PR?

why did josh stay exactly where he was?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
1) All tourneys from Hobo 18 to HxC.
2) Cause 5 people agreed that he's a better player the people below him.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
FK so modest. He's on that Kosmos status. Modest, Good at Brawl, Dedicated White Milf Hunter.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
taking his guns and searching for cougars every night, dawg.

this PR is badass, i fully endorse this list as an obvious bipartisan party.
grats to bassem, the world is starting to see your potential as the world's luckiest best wario.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
4 tournaments, of which his participation was in one tournament pools matches.

i guess i should have stopped going to tournaments too.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
The answer is that in the tourney that Josh did go to, he still performed well. If you're wondering why you dropped, it's the converse.

5 panelists already went over this issue, we went over what tourneys people actually did go to, how they did in comparison with all other players in our state, etc.

The OK PR has always done this. Bassem never showed up, went to one tourney after oh snap, and still consistently placed higher than most people on our PR, but you never really were against that before. In this case, we have a player who did show up and did perform well.

If you really have issue with this, I mean, I don't know what to tell you except that everyone disagrees with you. Even Alex, who plays melee, came here and posted about how this is an accurate representation of our tierlist.

[edit]

Other panelists, feel free to add on it. It's not my PR afterall, it's the state's.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yo Oklahoma, I'm Happy for you and Imma let you Finish, but Texas has some of the Best PR Drama of All Time. OF ALL TIME!

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i didnt ask why i dropped. infact, i didnt mention myself at all.

the one tournament he did show up, hes not even on brackets. he was supposed to be, but he left. I am 100% sure he would have out done everybody except probably bassem, but he didnt. that is what the bracket shows.

we can take domo for instance. its not like people put an asterisk next to his name and lists that he would have done better but he had a broken hand. the brackets just show what it shows.

when i was a panelist, i voted bassem to be on the PR, but not very high because that was his first tournament where we saw him. when he came back and beat josh at mustang, i voted he should be higher.

you encourage discussion/complaints. i discussed my opinions. i dont know what you want from me.

Edit

replace bracket w/ results. forgot inferno deleted the bracket. and theres no strikethrough font when editing =/

Yo Oklahoma, I'm Happy for you and Imma let you Finish, but Texas has some of the Best PR Drama of All Time. OF ALL TIME!
so true. i didnt intend for this to end up in a bad way. i had one question that i wanted answered. and it was. although id like more of the panelists insight so i can understand better.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Ya, but if we went by just brackets then we'd have a power ranking that no one agrees with. Like Kansas or Texas. That's also a key reason why people in those states don't agree with only going by tourney placements because they're not the most accurate way to create a PR.

In the end, all PRs are going to be subjective, and in a community as small as ours (in comparison to TX or the SW) or with not as many players (such as Kansas) it's easy to see where the skill division lies. In our state, we only have like 15 players that we'd actually consider "good" right? Then ranking those 15 in a top 10 is really easy. Most other states at least have either more players or more rapidly growing skill divisions so players who don't show up don't get the votes.

Josh always had the particular case of being far away from us, same as fro, which is why our PRs never ranked him at the top even if he deserved to be. However, we always regarded him as a top because his placements have always suggested that when he did perform. And the gap between the Mustang tourney and Oh Snap 5 was huge. And yet, Bassem never dropped down our PR. He only stayed cemented near the top.

If we went only by tourney placements, honestly, then Kuni shouldn't be on there either since he only went to one tourney only to get out 3rd round. Same with Fro, and Deezy then shouldn't be 7th on our PR. But that's only if we went by tourney placings.

Top Bottom