• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official P:M Edmonton Thread!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Awesome dude! We host every so often at the uofa. We'll def try to keep you updated! Do you play melee? Project M?

KullaN_xo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5215-0584-6923
In melee i played a lot of ganon, but since brawl came out i haven't touched melee at all really.
Ive been using lucario as my main with some ZSS on the side.
but i downloaded project M today and i really like lucario in it so i think i want to focus more on brawl/PM

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Also, based on the past pm tournaments, what does everyone feel about the follow legal stage list? It seems like the one we've been sticking with by default, give or take. I think we've played enough to know what stages are good and what arent, and which stages are more appropriate for singles/doubles. What do you guys think?

Battlefield
Dracula's Castle
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Green Hill Zone (singles only)
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Metal Cavern (singles only)
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rumble Falls (doubles only)
SkyWorld (doubles only)
Smashville
SSE: Jungle (doubles only)
Temple/SkyLoft (singles only)
Wario Ware Inc.
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Yoshi's Story Melee

17 stages for singles
17 stages for doubles
7-8-1 Striking system for Singles7-8-1 Striking system for Doubles

Also, seems like the 3 bans have been successful? And the striking system (though not mandatory) has been used by those who want it, and the first stage has been randomed by those who have been indifferent.

Stevo

Smash Champion
yeah, th
Also, based on the past pm tournaments, what does everyone feel about the follow legal stage list? It seems like the one we've been sticking with by default, give or take. I think we've played enough to know what stages are good and what arent, and which stages are more appropriate for singles/doubles. What do you guys think?

Battlefield
Dracula's Castle
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Green Hill Zone (singles only)
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Metal Cavern (singles only)
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rumble Falls (doubles only)
SkyWorld (doubles only)
SmashvilleSSE: Jungle (doubles only)
Temple/SkyLoft (singles only)
Wario Ware Inc.
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Yoshi's Story Melee

17 stages for singles
17 stages for doubles
8-9-1 Striking system for Singles7-8-1 Striking system for Doubles

Also, seems like the 3 bans have been successful? And the striking system (though not mandatory) has been used by those who want it, and the first stage has been randomed by those who have been indifferent.
I would rather not have Lylat, mostly because it is on the second page to be honest. I would rather keep it all on the first page for legal stages (not like we are hurting for legal stages)
Otherwise, I agree.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lylat is pretty gay but i think those reasons aren't enough to not keep it legal

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
In melee i played a lot of ganon, but since brawl came out i haven't touched melee at all really.
Ive been using lucario as my main with some ZSS on the side.
but i downloaded project M today and i really like lucario in it so i think i want to focus more on brawl/PM
ahhh so thats awesome you'll fit right in. We play all three games but we've been focusing a lot on project m lately, since it brings together both brawl and melee players!

It's cool you play lucario! We definitely need someone to rep lucario these days!

KullaN_xo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5215-0584-6923
ahhh so thats awesome you'll fit right in. We play all three games but we've been focusing a lot on project m lately, since it brings together both brawl and melee players!

It's cool you play lucario! We definitely need someone to rep lucario these days!

Oh so not many people use lucario in Edmonton?

Stevo

Smash Champion
is Lylat the only stage we are keeping from the second page? Why Lylat and not others? Is melee brinstar available in PM? (I really need to learn what stages are avaiable in PM lol)

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Call me crazy but I'd almost suggest making Yoshi's Story (Melee), FoD, and Metal Cavern singles only. There's more than enough stages now for doubles and they're just too small when there's 4 people...

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Pretty sure he means brawl Lucario.

EDIT: my bad he said he likes lucario in PM too. Although maybe you won't like him so much once you learn the ins and outs of him... He's quite a bit different from anything in any smash game.

Glad to see a new brawl player in Edmonton. If you enjoy wifi I'd recommend going to allisbrawl.com and doing ladder or free play to start practicing in a competitive setting. I am also super down to wifi you at mostly any time.

KullaN_xo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5215-0584-6923
A
Pretty sure he means brawl Lucario.

EDIT: my bad he said he likes lucario in PM too. Although maybe you won't like him so much once you learn the ins and outs of him... He's quite a bit different from anything in any smash game.

Glad to see a new brawl player in Edmonton. If you enjoy wifi I'd recommend going to allisbrawl.com and doing ladder or free play to start practicing in a competitive setting. I am also super down to wifi you at mostly any time.
Awesome, i'll PM you my friend code in a while.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Youre in high school im guessing right? You dont have to tell us where you go to school or anything but just a heads up I have a friend over at Harry Ainley who is starting a smash club. Shot in the dark, but if you happen to go to that school just give me a PM and i'll tell you his name so you can get a hold of him.

If you go to McNally, my little brother goes there and he smashes as well.

KullaN_xo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5215-0584-6923
N
Youre in high school im guessing right? You dont have to tell us where you go to school or anything but just a heads up I have a friend over at Harry Ainley who is starting a smash club. Shot in the dark, but if you happen to go to that school just give me a PM and i'll tell you his name so you can get a hold of him.

If you go to McNally, my little brother goes there and he smashes as well.
Nah, I go to Vic.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
LOL i live like, literally 5 mins walking distance from there!! Im right by St.Joe's HS.

KullaN_xo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5215-0584-6923
Looks like I've already made a fool of myself by not understanding that the dates on the alberta page are past events xD

KullaN_xo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5215-0584-6923
Well now thanks to PM i hate lucario in brawl, but love him in PM xD
probably going to try lucas for a new main.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
What, no. You have to reset the game. The game's files are loaded on boot up. Taking out the SD card with the game running just messes up the custom music.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah turn off the game and take out the SD card...

Well actually I've definitely taken out the sd card mid game and it didn't do anything

EDIT: Actually now I am just confused as to what he meant :/

Top Bottom