• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Petey Piranha Boss Thread!

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
I just think that if Toad can't be playable then neither should he.

It would be total injustice to have Petey playable over Toad, if he's just a boss character I'm fine with it.
lol, now i change my mind, petey and rob have great chances of being playable.

Being part of the storyline doesnt means they cant be playable on multiplayer, remember some characters wil have different storylines, so can be the case of separating villains and heroes.

SEE AT the spaceship the ancient minister is using, its metaknights spaceships giving a huge chance metaknight will also be a villain in this storyline,

so being a very known character on nintendos rooster and being a villain on the space emissary story line just gives more chances they will be in.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
My opinion:

Petey might not be as important to the franchise than Toad, Ridley or others. Fact is, we still don't know if he's playable or not.

If he is, good for those who like him. The others aren't forced to use him. As for Toad and Ridley: They are in NO WAY deconfirmed. Just because Peach uses ONE Toad doesn't mean that another one (okay, maybe THE Toad) can be playable at the same time.

If Petey isn't playable, okay, I'm fine with that too. In that case, I'd say he'd make a decent boss.

I would be happy if Petey makes it along with Ridley and all the other potential boss characters out there.

And I have one final thing to say to Sakurai's following QUOTE:

The biggest and the heaviest of fighters, Bowser has a slightly different flavor this time around!
We have to stop to take all of Sakurai's little sentences literally. Maybe they can shrink Petey, maybe they put the sentence there before they knew they'd take Petey, but maybe Petey isn't playable at all, who knows?

The only thing I know is that Smash Bros. Brawl is going to be the game of the century... no matter if Petey will be playable or not!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
"Drama"?

I'm just stating my opinion... Several other people here have stated the same or similar opinions, I have no idea why I'm being singled out. -_-

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Dude... I've faced the facts.

Which is why I'm so against Petey being in the game. It's not fair that Toad will not be playable, but Petey is. I just hope he stays as a boss and nothing more.
ok why don't you just stop arguing. toad will never be playable and petey... i highly doubt he'll be playable.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
ok why don't you just stop arguing. toad will never be playable and petey... i highly doubt he'll be playable.
I'm not arguing that Toad will be playable... o_O

Mr.Starone

Smash Cadet
Dude... I've faced the facts.

Which is why I'm so against Petey being in the game. It's not fair that Toad will not be playable, but Petey is. I just hope he stays as a boss and nothing more.
Explain to me what makes Toad so important that it would be such a grave injustice that Petey gets in over him. Aside from "SMB2" and the party/sports games he doesn't do anything of significance. Most of the time he just runs around lamenting the current situation hoping that Mario will make things right or telling us that our princess is in another castle. The only thing I'm seeing is that he's been around longer than Petey. I'm not saying Petey is more important than Toad, just that I don't see what makes Toad so important to begin with. He's just a minor character for the most part.

So you tell me why Toad is supposedly such an important character.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why is Petey, Toad has been in the series since game 1 (Super Mario Bros series)

What has Petey done but be a grotesque mutant pirahna Plant?

...I don't see why he's worthy of being a character and the argument that they could just shrink him to be playable is stupid. As well as the "Big is his final smash" one...

Edit: I'm not actually for or against him...I'm just saying I think he's only a boss...Personally I don't care either way...especially if my fav. gets in...then f*ckin tingle could get in for all I care.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...I don't see why he's worthy of being a character and the argument that they could just shrink him to be playable is stupid. As well as the "Big is his final smash" one...
:rolleyes:

You realize that shrinking a computer generated model is... very easy, don't you?

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Guys! We don't KNOW if Petey has a full moveset! If you can say that Master Hand didn't have a full moveset and that the Ancient Minister might not have one...

Than maybe Petey won't have a full one either!!!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
:rolleyes:

You realize that shrinking a computer generated model is... very easy, don't you?

I WORK in 3D Arts...I'm saying it is a stupid idea...

WHY not how

...Someone making insinuations that I have no idea what I'm talking about ...:mad:

agent_918

Smash Cadet
My idea: He'll just be a boss, but some sort of cheat device like Action Replay will allow you to play as him.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
I WORK in 3D Arts...I'm saying it is a stupid idea...

WHY not how

...Someone making insinuations that I have no idea what I'm talking about ...:mad:
If you worked in "3D Arts" you would know that all (professional quality) 3D models are done in HUGE scales (about 5 times bigger than they are going to be used) and then shrunk down to their "normal" size, this makes working with them easier.

So... shrinking Petey is a matter of minutes.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
TWO THINGS

1. Toad, Petey or ROB... who is more important? Say what u want, Sakurai DOESN'T CARE!!! (Marth/Roy instead of Ike anyone?)

2. That minister is coming from Metaknight's ship, that means, the enemies are actually PLAYABLE, that's a strong valid reason for Petey and ROB being playable as well.

Edit: I'm not saying the minister is playable, only ROB and Petey

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Petey will rule, I'm so happy he is in Brawl as one of the first "villians" and I'm hoping for playable.

And I'm glad R.O.B is deconfirmed.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, Toad is deconfirmed too.
DEAL WITH IT.
They like Petey more, because Toad is just a MOVE of another character.

T-major

Smash Champion
I don't really think Toad is de-confirmed, just because he's part of Peach's move-set. there IS more then one Toad you know. they could always add Toadsworth, he has a better personality anyways. (although, I was expecting him to replace Toad in Peach's forward B)

I also doubt that ROB will be playable.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
TWO THINGS

1. Toad, Petey or ROB... who is more important? Say what u want, Sakurai DOESN'T CARE!!! (Marth/Roy instead of Ike anyone?)

Since when is Ike not important? he is (Or close enough to be) more important than Marth.

2. That minister is coming from Metaknight's ship, that means, the enemies are actually PLAYABLE, that's a strong valid reason for Petey and ROB being playable as well.

The bomb also comes from his ship so that must be playable to!

then that just makes your reason pointless.

^^^ Up, up and away!

Revven

FrankerZ
My idea: He'll just be a boss, but some sort of cheat device like Action Replay will allow you to play as him.
Nope, nope, nope. Some of you fail to realize that the recent Wii firmware update blocks ALL GCN ARs and Freeloaders, go ahead, try them. Also, the one AR on EBGames' site that was supposedly going to come out Aug 15th was in fact a placeholder date and got pushed back to Feb 1, 2008 which is also yet again another placeholder date. This all means one thing: There won't be any sort of cheat device capable of being used on the Wii knowing now that Nintendo can just block them with their firmware updates. There's no definite way around it right now and I doubt anyone will even bother to as obviously the hardware would change with each update making it almost impossible to breech it.

In short, if Petey isn't playable, he won't be AT ALL. Not by any means whatsoever, even using a cheat device, as one likely won't ever exist for the Wii.

Take note of this people, I've said this three times on the forums now...it needs to be noticed. -_-;

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
"Drama"?

I'm just stating my opinion... Several other people here have stated the same or similar opinions, I have no idea why I'm being singled out. -_-
Now you know how Sandman feels:laugh:. He was singled out for stating his opinions in the Lucario thread. I am not singling you out, i also said legolastom. It kinda seem like you and him were trying to start something with the Petey Piranha fans. I have my eye on you though :lick:

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
TWO THINGS

1. Which out of those three is the most important various from person to person. Toad is important to me in who I believe is one of the most iconic Mario characters. Also, how can you prove that Ike being shown before anything was said about Marth or Roy means he's more important (to Sakurai at least) then those two?

2. How does coming from the ship of a playable character mean anything? How is this a strong valid reason at all? Explain (in more depth), otherwise, I consider this an non-valid reason.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Mario was the main character of the first DK game that doesn't give him priority over DK in the DK series.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Now you know how Sandman feels:laugh:. He was singled out for stating his opinions in the Lucario thread. I am not singling you out, i also said legolastom. It kinda seem like you and him were trying to start something with the Petey Piranha fans. I have my eye on you though :lick:
???? You where on the thread right? YOU WHERE ON THE THREAD!!?? you saw what he was doing how he was ignoring everything anyone said and how he was manipulating peoples posts... it wasn't just his opinion it was how he expressed it and everything else he did.

Seriously you KNOW we answered his question.

And do you find all the other threads about peoples opinions being singled out? not really because most of the time they are not ignorant biased pieces of ****.

(He actually said that we ignored his posts XD XD XD:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:)

Double post XS oops

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Why is Petey, Toad has been in the series since game 1 (Super Mario Bros series)

What has Petey done but be a grotesque mutant pirahna Plant?

Edit: I'm not actually for or against him...I'm just saying I think he's only a boss...Personally I don't care either way...especially if my fav. gets in...then f*ckin tingle could get in for all I care.
No offense but Toad hasnt done much either but stand there on the side and i dont know talk and i dont count super mario bros 2 cause it was not a real mario game.

At least Petey was a villian in the series and got into the action unlike Toad who would probably sit his scaredy *** in the corner. If anything he is more worthy than Toad cause he actually did something unlike Toad. Saying Toad is worthy of getting in is like saying Daisy is worthy of getting in.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the fact that he looks so amazing is a good arguement that he'll be in Brawl as a PC. It's obviously possible and many of the other arguements given by the topic creator are very good, but don't forget, that was a cutscene. Everything looks better in pre-rendered cutscenes than in the actual game. I'm not trying to argue one way or the other for Petey's playability, I just thought I should point out that that isn't a very valid arguement.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
???? You where on the thread right? YOU WHERE ON THE THREAD!!?? you saw what he was doing how he was ignoring everything anyone said and how he was manipulating peoples posts... it wasn't just his opinion it was how he expressed it and everything else he did.

Seriously you KNOW we answered his question.

And do you find all the other threads about peoples opinions being singled out? not really because most of the time they are not ignorant biased pieces of ****.

(He actually said that we ignored his posts XD XD XD:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:)

Double post XS oops
I am talking about the Lucario shrine not the anti Lucario thread.

Edit: Why are you sorry for double posting? Its not even against the rules. I just dont get. This is the only forum that the people seem to take offense for posting twice even though you typed something different.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I don't understand how spending time making a unit or creature means it'll be playable. That's ********. RPG's have thousands of units, much more time spent making them than the main characters. it's true that this is a fighting game, but I don't see Onslaught or Abyss from MvC and MvC2 playable, nor do I see NightTerror from Soul Calibur 3 playable, minus the codes.

And anything that relates to update orders on the Dojo, it's become painfully obvious that there is little logic or sanity to the order of updates. There are plenty of examples to show this, don't make me list any.

T-major

Smash Champion
Mario was the main character of the first DK game that doesn't give him priority over DK in the DK series.
no, because the Donkey Kong in Smash is representing the Donkey Kong Country series, which Mario isn't in.

I'de like to know what makes you think Ike is More important then Marth? and I want actual reasons. nothing like "he's more recent"...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I am talking about the Lucario shrine not the anti Lucario thread.
He done mostly the same stuff he done in the Anti-Lucario thread there as well... and it wasn't because of his opinions because Black/light wasn't being singled out.

Tanea

Smash Ace
i think that he will be great and i realize that he may not be too important but he is very unique

petey and birdo for brawl whoo!!!!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
A LOT! of characters are unique that isn't a reason for someone to be in... its a reason to back up someone who has a chance.

Tanea

Smash Ace
A LOT! of characters are unique that isn't a reason for someone to be in... its a reason to back up someone who has a chance.
huh? well then what is the reason it's not importance so what would you say
because it seems that the people that are making it into brawl have special to bring

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you worked in "3D Arts" you would know that all (professional quality) 3D models are done in HUGE scales (about 5 times bigger than they are going to be used) and then shrunk down to their "normal" size, this makes working with them easier.

So... shrinking Petey is a matter of minutes.
READ WHAT I SAID INSTEAD OF SHOOTING IT DOWN JUST BECAUSE I HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION.

I SAID WHY...WHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Why build him up at all if he is going to just be a small playable character...he's not that menacing in the first place...unlike Bowser. They could shrink and grow ANYBODY (BTW Giga-Bowser is not just a increased size version of Bowser ya'll) But Petey is not worth it of ANY villian they could choose.

...People emploring a form of manipulation in a discussion because they can't prove a point any other way...

Sonicfan813

Smash Cadet
Nope, nope, nope. Some of you fail to realize that the recent Wii firmware update blocks ALL GCN ARs and Freeloaders, go ahead, try them. Also, the one AR on EBGames' site that was supposedly going to come out Aug 15th was in fact a placeholder date and got pushed back to Feb 1, 2008 which is also yet again another placeholder date. This all means one thing: There won't be any sort of cheat device capable of being used on the Wii knowing now that Nintendo can just block them with their firmware updates. There's no definite way around it right now and I doubt anyone will even bother to as obviously the hardware would change with each update making it almost impossible to breech it.

In short, if Petey isn't playable, he won't be AT ALL. Not by any means whatsoever, even using a cheat device, as one likely won't ever exist for the Wii.

Take note of this people, I've said this three times on the forums now...it needs to be noticed. -_-;
Quoted for truth!

I don't really think Toad is de-confirmed, just because he's part of Peach's move-set. there IS more then one Toad you know. they could always add Toadsworth, he has a better personality anyways. (although, I was expecting him to replace Toad in Peach's forward B)

I also doubt that ROB will be playable.
I could see Toadette as well even though she hasn't been in that many games.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Look... this all boils down to opinion. I think Petey would be a really cool addition as a PC. He's a growing character in the Mario universe and could have a very unique move set.
A lot of people think this is stupid as ****. I couldn't care less. We've just got different opinions of what "cool" is.
Having said this, if Petey just turns out to be a boss, that's fine too. I'm really just pretty glad he made it into the game. Because hell, I had my doubts.

Top Bottom