• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Petey Piranha Boss Thread!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
huh? well then what is the reason it's not importance so what would you say
because it seems that the people that are making it into brawl have special to bring
What? i don't think i even understood what you where saying....

ANYWAY give me a list of all the unique characters and i will tell you why they got into brawl... (Hint none will be because they are unique)

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace

ANYWAY give me a list of all the unique characters and i will tell you why they got into brawl... (Hint none will be because they are unique)
I think a lot of the character's we've got in Brawl (and Melee, for that matter) got in for many reasons. And one of those reason's could certainly have been uniqueness.

Tanea

Smash Ace

well I know why they are in there and your telling me that PT isn't unique . you sure are very sure of yourself

Tanea

Smash Ace

im not saying that that's the only reason why they got in but it can't be ruled out

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It matters what your opinion of "Unique" is...It's not truly a fact that any character is unique or that any are not.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I don't want to pull up a definition of "unique", but really I think we can pin most of what is unique and not unique to fact, not opinion. It's different, out-of-the-ordinary, strange, weird, queer, odd, not-base.
I don't think there is too much real debate there.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't want to pull up a definition of "unique", but really I think we can pin most of what is unique and not unique to fact, not opinion. It's different, out-of-the-ordinary, strange, weird, queer, odd, not-base.
I don't think there is too much real debate there.

Which all are based off perception

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How can they include the character as a boss with a full moveset and not let you use him? it would make those few people who love him very angry

They do that with plenty of games yet they still sell...people still love the game.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Right, right, right. Beauty (or uniqueness in this case) is in the eye of the beholder. But we're not just talking about what something looks like. Hell, we're talking about an upcoming fighting game and whether or not certain characters are unique/differrent/special/whatever enough to appear in this game.
As far as perception goes, we shouldn't delve to deep into that. I think we all have the same (for the most part) ideas on what is considered the norm in life and video games. So really, the word "unique" should not be seriously argued about.

oh and uh... Petey for PC status.

thejbr12

Smash Apprentice
I think even if Petey is a playable character we won't find out until at the very least the day the game is released (unless there is a reliable leak). If he's in, he's probably an unlockable character, right? I mean, a new Mario bad guy, who is a boss in adventure mode? He screams unlockable (if playable).

And another thing, it seems to me that the makers of Smash Bros. try to make as much playable as possible. In SSBM there were few un-playble characters (Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Giga Bowser, Male and Female Wire Frames, Sandbag) and those were characters that it didn't really make sense to play as (the Hands had a life meter, not the normal percentage of all the other matches, Giga Bowser was just a big Boswer that was more a bonus to get to fight, Sandbag had no moves, and the Wire Frames were given no B moves, as far as I know). That said, Petey SHOULD have a full moveset, given his appearance in the newest video, and it would be silly, if not entirely a waste of programming, to not include him as a playable character.

Personally I do not consider Petey to be amongst the top 40 Nintendo and 3rd Party characters that should be in the game. However, if he's in it as a boss I would be very disappointed if they did not make him playable. Oh, and he'd better be able to fly in some capacity. Maybe not Peach style, but AT LEAST Kirby style!

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
vesperview
How can they include the character as a boss with a full moveset and not let you use him?
How do you know he has a full moveset?

vesperview
it would make those few people who love him very angry
That's the best part about it.

PsychoIncarnate
It matters what your opinion of "Unique" is...It's not truly a fact that any character is unique or that any are not.
It's not a matter of opinion. The word unique has a definition. Words mean things. If I put 3 apples and a banana in front of you and ask you which of these 4 fruits are unique, if you say anything other than the banana you're ********.

Sonicfan813
I could see Toadette as well even though she hasn't been in that many games.
See her what? On the list of people who have no chance of being a playable character at all?

Kabyk-Greenmyst
but I don't see Onslaught or Abyss from MvC and MvC2 playable
Onslaught was playable.

Chrisiscool

Smash Apprentice
one down.... 15 to go =]

my predicted list of 16 unlockables is now 15....

1. Ridley
2. Baby mario riding yoshi
3. Bowser jr
4. King K. Rool
5. King Dedede
6. Birdo
7. Toad or Petey or possible mario galaxy character
8. Captain Olimar
9. Krystal
10. Mr. Ressetti
11. Lyn
12. Wolf
13. Megaman
14. Sonic
15. Tingle
16. ??? (character nobody suspects) such as 2D MARIO..... or PT 2
=]

i wrote this on another thread be4 i saw the video.

i believe you start with 20/22 characters and unlock 21. (this game is huge)
im glad to see Petey confirmed.

(yes, hes confirmed! and if you dont believe me then you just cant get over the fact that hes in.... because they wouldnt give him the spotlight in a trailer/video if he wasnt in. hes in it .. hooray.... and move on....
and confirm the rest of my predictions =]

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
yes, hes confirmed! and if you dont believe me then you just cant get over the fact that hes in.... because they wouldnt give him the spotlight in a trailer/video if he wasnt in it. hes in it .. hooray.... and move on....
and confirm the rest of my predictions =]
Don't even start. If you think six seconds of video footage confirms a character, you're a fool. Unless it's footage of gameplay. Which this isn't.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I almost threw up when I saw petey in that update. Worst one ever. (dont care if he's a playable character or not. his existence is sickening as it is)

And did anyone notice how the girl's where captured and put into cages but not Mario or Kirby? >_>
stupid nintendo...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I almost threw up when I saw petey in that update. Worst one ever. (dont care if he's a character or not)

And did anyone notice how the girl's where captured and put into cages and not Mario or Kirby? >_>
stupid nintendo...
Sexism.

I kid, but seriously, what would stop Zelda from just teleporting out of the cage. . . ?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, Zelda can't actually teleport THROUGH objects. I had the same question at first, but if you think about how the Teleport works in Melee, it makes sense.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I finally got to watch that video, it wouldn't load all the way for me last night.

I was very impressed, Mario got launched! But I don't see Petey as a playable character, he is more proof that there will be bosses. My guess is, Kirby is the player character in this scenario, and he must beat Petey to rescue Zelda and Peach.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well, Zelda can't actually teleport THROUGH objects. I had the same question at first, but if you think about how the Teleport works in Melee, it makes sense.
*mentally backhands himself*

You're right.

Chrisiscool

Smash Apprentice
learn to follow the patterns

Don't even start. If you think six seconds of video footage confirms a character, you're a fool. Unless it's footage of gameplay. Which this isn't.

7 things that ring a bell:

1. sunshine= one of the top selling GCN titles... petey inluded
2. galaxy...... coming up most likely includes petey
3. melee had a small number of representatives considering mario bieng the #1 in history
4. lack of villians in ssbm
5. how peach was confirmed....
6. no newcomers confimed yet from mario universe... (wario has branched out)
And finally:
7. sakurais poll...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
7 things that ring a bell:

1. sunshine= one of the top selling GCN titles... petey inluded

And so was a Pianta... and a melon... and a house... and Bowser JR... and a Toad... you see where i am going?

2. galaxy...... coming up most likely includes petey

It does BUT MP3 is coming out and that includes a space ship so why not put the space ship in?

3. melee had a small number of representatives considering mario bieng the #1 in history

Um... it had the most out of all of them... Petey wasn't even made back then (What has this got to do with anything anyway?)

4. lack of villians in ssbm

He isnt a villain he is just a boss

5. how peach was confirmed....

Yes because Peach is a recurring boss that has never been in a Smash game before.

6. no newcomers confimed yet from mario universe... (wario has branched out)
And finally:

And most other universes.

7. sakurais poll...

i think he was on there BUT he only had like 1 or something.

^^^^ Up ^^^^

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Hey, anyone else who hates Petey, just look at this picture for a while
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

he's in the game, and there's nothing you can do

just take a minute to ponder this

BoG

Smash Journeyman
I just pondered it, and... it sounds like a creative and cool character has been robbed of their spot.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Didn't Peach have her own games? Besides Peach is more important than Petey.
Talking about Pokemon Trainer before he was revealed:

^^^^^^

............I don't get what your saying......that link is just his character Bio......it says ABSOLUTLY nothing on WHY he is important enough for brawl...or anything else I posted.....
So, Important enough is mostly only a matter of opinion.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
To quote myself:

Personally I really don't care either way, but I don't see how the possibility of Petey Pirahna's inclusion to the roster of playable characters affects anyone who dislikes him. The fact is he's unique and he's a villain.

Who isn't to say the "bad guys" didn't use some sort of "enlarging ray" on Petey for the story mode? No one knows whats really going on.

"Oh but he's going to take a valuable space that could have been used for someone else!" - not necessarily; whos to say he wasn't added in at the end because they had time/ they wanted to maximise the roster as much as possible? I would rather have more playable characters because of those reasons that not have them at all. Stop whining when we don't know the whole story - it is really rather immature.

Excellent update - i'm really glad that the adventure mode is shaping up this nicely. Whether or not Petey is just a boss or NPC. This mode is going to rock pretty hard and I would wager; be rather rewarding.

Cheers,

Dave

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Petey Pirahna is in Brawl (whether playable or not is unknown, but he's still in).

This actually isn't TOO surprising. Anyone should know by now that Nintendo seems to insist on having Petey be EVERYWHERE where there is Mario. Petey shows up in BOTH the party games (Strikers Charged, Double Dash, etc), the non-party games (Sunshine, New Super Mario Brothers), the spin-off PEACH game (Super Princess Peach), and even in the RPG (Mario & Luigi Partners in Time)

So I'm.... hmm, half surprised yet half "well, that's not surprising" at the same time.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Didn't you read some posts back? Due to the updates the Wii gets AR may not be able to work on it at all.

So it could be a playable character or not at all.

Top Bottom