• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Petey Piranha Boss Thread!

Vali

Smash Ace
Naval Pirahna? Awesome
Lava Pirahna? So awesome
Petey Pirahna? GTFO!

It's not so much that his character is so really awful, he's still lightyears better than Waluigi, but he just isn't particularly good in design and there are much, much better characters for Brawl. Boss only would be great, that'd be fun, but playable? No thanks.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Poor Toad, Doomed always to be Peach's meatshield.

For as much dislike I'd have if Petey actually was playable, He did look quite fearsome in that trailer. (lol I actually jumped a little when he roar'd)

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
I'm fine with Petey as a boss, but I think putting him as a playable character is a bit much. He's a sideliner: there to be seen, but not played (excluding party games).

BTW, does anyone think Petey and Audrey II look far too similar?
If you don't know who audrey II is, I suggest you go search Little Shop of Horrors.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I agree that Petey's general design is a little... eh, corny. I know that a lot of Mario characters are supposed to look corny, but Piranha Plants in general look a lot better than Petey, and I feel can be taken a little more seriously.

I mean, come on, Petey wears polka dotted underwear!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm fine with Petey as a boss, but I think putting him as a playable character is a bit much. He's a sideliner: there to be seen, but not played (excluding party games).

BTW, does anyone think Petey and Audrey II look far too similar?
If you don't know who audrey II is, I suggest you go search Little Shop of Horrors.
Feed Me Seymour Kirby!!!

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
Haha, Kirby will suck in the bomb and spit it in Petey's mouth! That would be hilarious!

I find it odd that Mario disappeared so quickly though...

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Is it just me, or does the Star KO look revised? I know it's just a video, but Mario literally flew into the sky at lightning speed. Do you think they sped it up?

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
In the gameplay videos, they seem, at least to me, to be going off faster into the side. The gameplay with the attacks and the trailing smoke from characters knocked off make the intensity that more exciting. Also, for the background KO, I hope they speed it up a little. I hate being in the background, or others being in the background simply because it can be a long wait.

T-major

Smash Champion
Ok. I DON'T hate Petey. I just don't want him playable over Toad and Bowser Jr. I'm okay with him being a boss, I think it will be fun to fight him.

Is that clear now?
who ever said that Petey being Playable means that Toad and Bowser Jr. can't be? they have more of a chance then Petey to begin with... I look at it like "if Petey can get in, then Toad and Bowser Jr. definatly can!".

Petey really didn't have much of a chance if you ask me... but now that he's in Brawl, I see no excuse for him not to be playable. he's playable in many other games, so it's not like Nintendo is apposed to the idea. he would be unique and interesting to play as, so it's not like there wasting there time. and if you don't like him, don't use him. it's that simple.

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
who ever said that Petey being Playable means that Toad and Bowser Jr. can't be? they have more of a chance then Petey to begin with... I look at it like "if Petey can get in, then Toad and Bowser Jr. definatly can!".

Petey really didn't have much of a chance if you ask me... but now that he's in Brawl, I see no excuse for him not to be playable. he's playable in many other games, so it's not like Nintendo is apposed to the idea. he would be unique and interesting to play as, so it's not like there wasting there time. and if you don't like him, don't use him. it's that simple.
You really think they're going to add THREE new Mario characters?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Geno should be in before all Mario characters, ever, period. As long as Geno has made it in, I personally don't care whether Petey is playable or not.

But he still sucks.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I'm not that picky about characters.

I just defend them if people start spouting out crap "facts" they made up.

So yeah, I'm not that picky. Though Lucario would be rather nice.

And, Death To Tingle!! Graaagh! He's the exception!

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Hey, anyone else who hates Petey, just look at this picture for a while
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
http://www.oxyborb.com/art/peteyinbrawl4real.bmp

he's in the game, and there's nothing you can do

just take a minute to ponder this
Who's denying that he's in the game? His status as a playable character is what everyone's has been talking about for the past day now.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
If Petey is in Brawl, I just hope to god he's only a boss and not a playable character, I wouldn't want plant vomit that's coming from a fighter who wears polka dotted spandex all over my favorite fighters...

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
why does everyone assume "Because A is in X, Y, and Z won't be" I think that at this point Sakauri could pull off anything he wants to do.
Okay, here's the thing. There are MANY Mario characters that deserve a spot more than Petey.

Toad, Bowser Jr, and Geno are the main ones.

But there are some that probably won't be playable in Brawl that are still more deserving than Petey.

And Sakurai isn't going to add ALL of these characters. Why? The Mario series already has many characters compared to Star Fox, Kriby, Metriod, and other franchises. There is no need to overload on Mario characters.

Petey for boss and nothing else!

RoadsArePoison

Smash Cadet
Maybe one of Petey's costumes will be him sans the petals and diaper. That way he can just look like a normal pirahna plant that doesn't have a creepy fetish.

Regular pirahna plants are cool.

Petey Pirahna is not.

Chepe

Smash Lord
If you really use the "Why would Sakurai waste time creating a character thats unplayable?" argument, then you gotta consider one thing: Petey as a boss might not fight like a standard character. As in, no B moves like we know them, no bubble shield or airdodging, etc.

He would then likely use HP, and wouldnt be knocked far from your moves. He would play a lot like Master Hand in a sense, and so could many other bosses like Andross, Mother Brain, etc...

T-major

Smash Champion
Petey isnt playable. Who said he was confirmed?
who said he wasn't? boss only character are an incredably stupid idea, and seeing as Petey has loads of potential, I see no reason why he would be only a boss. and as I said many before; if Petey's "just a boss" whats to stop them from making Ridley just a boss? how about King DeDeDe? heck! Bowser's most likely going to be a boss in Subspace mode, so why should he be playable and not the other boss characters, regardless of who they might be!? it really is a ridiculous thought!

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Andross? Mother Brain? Those guys would never appear..
And how do you know this?
If Petey is in Brawl, I just hope to god he's only a boss and not a playable character, I wouldn't want plant vomit that's coming from a fighter who wears polka dotted spandex all over my favorite fighters...
My sentiments exactly. Why does Nintendo keep trying to *figuratively* shove Petey down eveyone's throats?
Petey sucks pretty hard. Not quite as hard as Bowser Jr, but still enough to make Richard Simmons ***.
LAWL.

This is going in my sig.

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
who said he wasn't? boss only character are an incredably stupid idea, and seeing as Petey has loads of potential, I see no reason why he would be only a boss. and as I said many before; if Petey's "just a boss" whats to stop them from making Ridley just a boss? how about King DeDeDe? heck! Bowser's most likely going to be a boss in Subspace mode, so why should he be playable and not the other boss characters, regardless of who they might be!? it really is a ridiculous thought!

Because Dedede, Bowser, and Ridley are major character in their franchises. Petey isn't.

T-major

Smash Champion
Because Dedede, Bowser, and Ridley are major character in their franchises. Petey isn't.
well, obviously Petey is major enough to be a boss. they could have easily made the first boss a giant Primid, but no! they chose Petey! that means they wanted him to be in the game in some way!

and why the hell would they make every other Boss character with a full move-set playable, but not Petey? (granted, he might not have a full move-set; but seeing as how they have tons of stuff to pull moves from, I see no reason why they wouldn't give him one) thats just a waste of programing! even if I didn't plan on using him, I would completely feel ripped off that they didn't bother to make him playable! and if and when he is playable, if you don't like him... DON'T USE HIM!!

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
I'd be pretty amazed it Toad got in now. Sure, I guess maaaaaybe he still has a chance, but it's a pretty slim one given that it's confirmed that he's still Princess Peach's B move.

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
I expect many, many bosses. At least two from each major franchise. So I don't think every boss will be playable.

If Petey is in I probably WILL play him just to see how he works. But if he gets in before Toad, Bowser Jr., and Geno, there will be some angry fans.

Petey should stick as a boss.

T-major

Smash Champion
I expect many, many bosses. At least two from each major franchise. So I don't think every boss will be playable.
thats the best arguement I've heard so far. I supposed if thats the case then yes, then not every boss should be playable. then again, I wouldn't expect every boss to have a full move-set. for example: that one eyed cloud from the Kirby games. I would expect it to be a boss, but not to have a full move-set. I would expect it to fight like it does in the Kirby games, and swoop down and attack with lighting bolts... not playable character material. King Dedede though would have a full move-set, so he should be playable.

now for Petey, if he doesn't have a full move-set, then it doesn't matter if he's playable. but if he does, he should be playable; because, as I've said many times, it's a wast of time to make a full character, then not let you use him.

Top Bottom