• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Petey Piranha Boss Thread!

Del Money

Smash Champion
this thread blows anyway...38 pages = lame. i couldve made a "ballsack 4 brawl" thread and that probably wouldve gotten more respect. Petey isnt playable and shouldnt be. anyone who even considered making a Petey moveset has A.D.D. hes a boss and nothing more. all we can hope now is that the sames happens to Kraid instead of Ridley

LuLLo

Smash Ace
All I say is that it COULD be a possibility, still I hope that Ridley is playable, because he would fit in excellent cause of his attacks, but they'd have to downsize him then, something like bowser, only a little bigger.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bowser's height was once officially listed as 10' before he started randomly changing sizes throughout the games...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Quit trying! He is a boss in the adventure mode and will NOT appear as a playable!

Want proof? Here it is!

God, whoever this guy is, save this guy from himself.

Who the hell are you talking to?

Shuma

Smash Hero
I find it funny... since no one here is talking about Petey anymore.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else here think that Petey seems to be prancing in one of those screen shots o-o;

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Dang, I so wanted Petey as a playable character. Why!? Why must the world be so cruel!? Hopefully a hacker will hack into the game and make him playable.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I have a feeling there are going to be many more disappointed people over the coming weeks Aipom.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Aipom
Dang, I so wanted Petey as a playable character. Why!? Why must the world be so cruel!? Hopefully a hacker will hack into the game and make him playable.
Just so you don't get your hopes up, Petey seems to stand in the background and swing cages at you. If you hacked the game to pick him, odds are that's all you'd be able to do and it would be extremely glitched on most/all stages.

In Mortal Kombat Deception people used hacks to play as unplayable characters you encountered in Konquest Mode. Whenever anyone tried to pick one of these characters online the game would freeze. So don't plan on using Petey online, even if it is possible to get him with hacks. Just don't use him at all, he's a giant douche anyway.

Fawriel

Smash Master
There'll be an Action Replay for the Wii some day. Question is how buggy it'll be to use him... from what I know, you can control the Wireframes just fine...?
Even Sandbag and Master Hand can be controlled with an AR, so in the end it all depends on whether Petey can be damaged and KO'd like a typical character.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Good, I don't know why people want to play as bosses anyway. One of the worst things about MKA is that they let people play as bosses online.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Phew, what a relief... That's all I gotta say. Ridley and K.Rool's changes have dropped a lot though.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ridley's chances have NOT dropped at all... seriously we all knew Petey was going to be a boss anyway and its not like Ridley's chances are between boss and PC... its almost Guaranteed that he will be a PC.

(Unless Sakurai feels like he wants to contradict him self the day he decided what happens to Ridley)

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Yes, what a great idea for a BOSS. I'm ecstatic that he is not playable, but I can still beat him up.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
for the record, petey was nowhere near as hopeful as deoxys and goroh was.

but yah petey looks badass in his little diaper, i can't wait to fight him. this really is showing us how immense the story mode will really be

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Petey Piranha's chances were never THAT hopeful. Proof of this is that the topic creator is HAPPY that he's a boss. Being a boss is better than nothing in Petey Piranha's case, because even most of his fans acknowledge that his chances weren't particularly high.

Being a boss is a lot more respectable position than being an assist trophy or a pokeball, too, IMHO.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
more than one boss ftw.

Petey, never really did care much for him especially in MK...so it'll be interesting seeing his moves...

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
well they say he throws around cages, but i wound not mind seeing him use some of his moves from mario sunshine

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
Petey still has potential as a playable character. Which I'm hoping to god he is. You remember how Bowser was big at the end of Adventure Mode in Melee? Maybe this is the case for Brawl. Perhaps Petey is an unlockable character. And I don't get why everybody hates him so much. :( If he's not playable...then all I'll have to say is **** you, Sakurai.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
well it seems like the mods don't like Petey that much but this looks like it could be fun though i wonder how u fight him.......... oh well we just have to wait to find out

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Petey fans are lucky he's even in brawl period.....

thinking about the boss battle, I'm guessing you can't even damage Petey (which sux, because I'd like nothing more than to bash his face....err...head in ) and that his "HP" is soley concentrated on the cages..

Break either cage = battle over

........sry peach....zelda first

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Petey still has potential as a playable character. Which I'm hoping to god he is. You remember how Bowser was big at the end of Adventure Mode in Melee? Maybe this is the case for Brawl. Perhaps Petey is an unlockable character. And I don't get why everybody hates him so much. :( If he's not playable...then all I'll have to say is **** you, Sakurai.
Please get over yourself. If this update didn't confirm that Petey isn't playable I don't know what will. When compared to other villians such as King Dedede or Ridley he's nowhere near important enough to be a playable character(boss).

::slaps you across the face::

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Let me just say that it's hypocritical to say that Petey can't be a boss and be playable in multiplayer and yet Ridley can. That's the excuse I'm usually hearing. >_>

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seriously people. These updates don't play around. You got what you wanted right? Petey is IN Brawl. We don't hate Petey, we want characters a bit more serious. Petey was great in Strikers and Sunshine and all, but be realistic.

I would much rather have Ridley in Brawl than Petey, but as so many smart people have pointed out: Everything is unconfirmed until confirmed.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
Seriously people. These updates don't play around. You got what you wanted right? Petey is IN Brawl. We don't hate Petey, we want characters a bit more serious. Petey was great in Strikers and Sunshine and all, but be realistic.

I would much rather have Ridley in Brawl than Petey, but as so many smart people have pointed out: Everything is unconfirmed until confirmed.
Ridley may only be a boss character also, he is a very big character in the Metroid Prime games.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am totally cool with Ridley being a boss. That would be awesome. That wouldn't be awesome for all the Ridley fans... but oh well. Tough noodles. (If it happens)

I am cool either way.

Del Money

Smash Champion
the Petey clingers are officially the dumbest people on the internet....seriously if Petey had any shots of being playable anymore HIS NAME WOULD NOT JUST BE THE TITLE OF A GAME MODE BOSS ON THE DOJO!!! seriously, thats like saying "Knuckle Joe" still has a shot at playability. you guys are ****ing ********
MAYBE kraid can be a boss also. he hasnt been in the first 2 MP, i want to see him in 3d
FINALLY i lick of common sense, and surprisingly it just HAD to be WIGZ. but yes, with Ridley's popularity for playability, the only common sense thing to do would be to make Kraid an SE boss. and Ridley's boss music can just be for a Ridley/Samus stage for brawl.

Top Bottom