• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Petey Piranha Boss Thread!

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Meta-Knight
Petey still has potential as a playable character.
No, he doesn't.

Meta-Knight
You remember how Bowser was big at the end of Adventure Mode in Melee?
yeah?

Meta-Knight
Maybe this is the case for Brawl.
It's not.

Meta-Knight
Perhaps Petey is an unlockable character.
He isn't.

Meta-Knight
And I don't get why everybody hates him so much.
He sucks.

Meta-Knight
If he's not playable...then all I'll have to say is **** you, Sakurai.
Then plan on saying that.

DainBramaged
Petey fans are lucky he's even in brawl period.....
Not really, he was definitely going to show up as a boss. He's slowly becoming a boss in every video game there is. He'll probably be a boss in Guitar Hero 3. He's like a turd that won't flush.

GreenKirby
Let me just say that it's hypocritical to say that Petey can't be a boss and be playable in multiplayer and yet Ridley can.
Who says Ridley's a boss? People are saying that Ridley could be a playable character instead of a boss. No one's saying he should be both.

MR.WIGZ
Ridley may only be a boss character also, he is a very big character in the Metroid Prime games.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=113986

Pluvia
I agree, chances are that if Ridley appears, he'll be a boss.

MR.WIGZ
MAYBE kraid can be a boss also. he hasnt been in the first 2 MP, i want to see him in 3d
He's in 3D in Melee, and this is the Petey Piranha topic in case you can't read.

sugarpoultry
I am totally cool with Ridley being a boss. That would be awesome. That wouldn't be awesome for all the Ridley fans... but oh well. Tough noodles. (If it happens)

I am cool either way.

Conker1

Smash Ace
Now now, fans of Petey have every right to believe that he will still be playable, Animal Crossing fans still say Tom Nook will be playable. :p

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm perfectly Fine with him being a boss. It's not that big a deal. I can still rub it in the face of people who said he had no chance in hell of appearing in Brawl besides a trophy :p

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
Thank god he's just a boss. If he was a playable character, I would scream. There's so many other characters from the Mario franchise that deserve it more than him.

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
What really caught my attention was todays update red/pink background, i mean, they have blue for the main characters, but now they put a new one... and im guessing there will be a lot as well, and is for bosses

i liked the idea, but now that i think of it, this sligthens (i dont know if thats spelled correctly XD) the chances of some characters to be playable, k. rool, dedede, even ganondorf, since he was a clone and they dont wanna bring clones back

but then again, bowser IS playable, so... what will he do in Sub, i mean, being a bad guy... so i guess u dont get to choose characters? but well, maybe the ones i mentioned above still have some chances, but i guess ridley actually fits very good into this boss category

Talendime

Smash Ace
It may be unnecessary to say, but to further disencourage any more believers of Petey's playability, consider that his attacks seem like they involve involve two already playable characters trapped in cages..
I think Brawl takes a different approach to Bosses as the previous games did.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
It may be unnecessary to say, but to further disencourage any more believers of Petey's playability, consider that his attacks seem like they involve involve two already playable characters trapped in cages..
I think Brawl takes a different approach to Bosses as the previous games did.
Hmm, there might still be a few believers left; I really think they'll flip out even more when/if a playable boss is revealed ( King Dedede or Ridley ).

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
What really caught my attention was todays update red/pink background, i mean, they have blue for the main characters, but now they put a new one... and im guessing there will be a lot as well, and is for bosses

i liked the idea, but now that i think of it, this sligthens (i dont know if thats spelled correctly XD) the chances of some characters to be playable, k. rool, dedede, even ganondorf, since he was a clone and they dont wanna bring clones back

but then again, bowser IS playable, so... what will he do in Sub, i mean, being a bad guy... so i guess u dont get to choose characters? but well, maybe the ones i mentioned above still have some chances, but i guess ridley actually fits very good into this boss category
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but Petey Pirahna had no real importance to the MArio series. He jumped out of pipes in a straight vertical line at regular times hoping to get something to eat. Characters like K. Rool, Dedede, Ganondorf and Ridley are most certainly going to be in Brawl, considering that they were the main boss in almost every game of their series. Plus Dedede is a Sakurai creation, so the odds of him not being playable are extremely low. As for Bowser, as it said in the Dojo update, and a direct quote, "Everyone, everywhere, is beginning to move against it." That means that even the bad characters are against this new evil. If you have ever played Mortal Kombat, refer to Deception for a similar story.

jambre

Smash Apprentice
he's not playable, he uses cages involving other chars to attack, toooooo big and appears in the adventure mode section rather than playable character section

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but Petey Pirahna had no real importance to the MArio series. He jumped out of pipes in a straight vertical line at regular times hoping to get something to eat. Characters like K. Rool, Dedede, Ganondorf and Ridley are most certainly going to be in Brawl, considering that they were the main boss in almost every game of their series. Plus Dedede is a Sakurai creation, so the odds of him not being playable are extremely low. As for Bowser, as it said in the Dojo update, and a direct quote, "Everyone, everywhere, is beginning to move against it." That means that even the bad characters are against this new evil. If you have ever played Mortal Kombat, refer to Deception for a similar story.
yeah, ur probably right. still, i guess dedede, even tough he is sakurais creation, would be too much like kirby, k. rool i guess has more chances, and ganondorf might be the only clone returning, with a new moveset, but i still think ridley will be a boss, and i can bet on that

Hejiru

Smash Ace
You can save either Zelda or Peach, depending on which cage you damage more and subsequently break.
Which one would you save?

I would save Zelda, definately.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I'm tired of People complaining that the ****ing plant is just a boss, and worse yet they use the example to say Ridley HAS to be a boss 'cause Petey is a boss, guess what? Ridley is the Bowser of the Metroid Franchise and i'm pretty sure Bowser will be a boss on adventure mode, and he is playable isn't it?

Also, Ridley is far more important than Petey, he's the bad guy on the metroid franchise as far as i know, Petey is just one random boss and comic relief on the party games, that has just a fanbase to rival Waluigi's fanbase. Ridley on the other hand had 4 votes on Sakurai poll just like Ike and Diddy, has a bigger fanbase, and IT'S NOT big.

You newbs just think he's too big because you only think of the Prime games, before the prime Games ridley was just twice as tall as samus, and that would make him smaller than Bowser. And Even in Prime he wasn't huge.

I'm pretty sure that although Ridley will surely be a boss he will also be a playable character like Ganondorf and Bowser. Besides they could use META-Ridley as a boss, wich is the huge boss from the prime games.

/Rant.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
yeah, ur probably right. still, i guess dedede, even tough he is sakurais creation, would be too much like kirby, k. rool i guess has more chances, and ganondorf might be the only clone returning, with a new moveset, but i still think ridley will be a boss, and i can bet on that
Elaborate please? I mean if you played any Kirby game (barring the Amazing Mirror) You would see that King Dedede has many aspects that make him different from Kirby. The only moves that are similar are King Dedede's floating and inhaling move. He's a bigger character around Bowsers size and could potentially go to heavy to light weight when he's floating.

You can be sure Sakurai will provide a unique moveset for his very own creation.

Anyway.

Wouldn't it be neat if there was some type of "boss" mode where you went though all the boss fights, (any damage you had taken in previous matches would be carried ove)r. I think that could present quite a challenge.

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
I'm tired of People complaining that the ****ing plant is just a boss, and worse yet they use the example to say Ridley HAS to be a boss 'cause Petey is a boss, guess what? Ridley is the Bowser of the Metroid Franchise and i'm pretty sure Bowser will be a boss on adventure mode, and he is playable isn't it?

Also, Ridley is far more important than Petey, he's the bad guy on the metroid franchise as far as i know, Petey is just one random boss and comic relief on the party games, that has just a fanbase to rival Waluigi's fanbase. Ridley on the other hand had 4 votes on Sakurai poll just like Ike and Diddy, has a bigger fanbase, and IT'S NOT big.

You newbs just think he's too big because you only think of the Prime games, before the prime Games ridley was just twice as tall as samus, and that would make him smaller than Bowser. And Even in Prime he wasn't huge.

I'm pretty sure that although Ridley will surely be a boss he will also be a playable character like Ganondorf and Bowser. Besides they could use META-Ridley as a boss, wich is the huge boss from the prime games.

/Rant.
Yes, Petey is just a random enemy, and yes, ridley IS important, yet again, adross is star fox main bad guy, and thats not reason enough to put him in brawl, my main reason is that he has not much of a fighter physics, yes, he is fighter material, but in my opinion he wouldnt fit, the size doesnt matter, they can just adapt it, but well, i guess is pointless givin more reasons, cause i wont convince anyone who wants ridley, and im not trying to do so, im just giving my point of view

yet, when i see him as a boss in the dojo im ready to tell "hahahaha told u soooo", or, in case he shows up as playable, im prepared to get "hahaha he is IIINNNN suck on that!!" XD

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Hey, I'm not stuck up enough to say that just because Petey isn't playable I don't want Ridley to be playable. That would suck, Ridley is like my top 4.

Heh, it kinda sucks for me though, the deconfirmation. Though, I never thought Petey would even make it as a sticker so I'm not mad. I know I made this thread and all but Petey probably wasn't even on my top 10... so oh well. But yeah, as a Petey fan I say it's time to get over it, Petey is a boss. And actually that really is more than he deserved. We should move the support over to Geno, Dedede, and Ridley.

My top 10
1. Geno
2. King Dedede
3. Diddy (woot)
4. Ridley
5. Ice Climber's Return
5. Tom Nook :(
7. Mii
8. Olmar
9. Sonic
10. Megaman

Shuma

Smash Hero
@Chrono:

You're not listening, saying this de-confirms Ridley is the same that saying it de-confirms Ganondorf.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Petey is a boss, now let's move on...

So, do you think there are two different story lines depending on who you save? Do you think Petey takes off with the other? If he does, does that mean he'll return for round 2 later? Speculate!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
thank god he is just a boss. i hate that stupid plant. like how they make you choose. i'd just take zelda and hope he eats peach. that would be funny.:chuckle:
Lol, that was my idea however; the death of peach(even if fake'd) might send people over the edge :/ or vise-versa for Zelda

Tanea

Smash Ace
Petey is a boss, now let's move on...

So, do you think there are two different story lines depending on who you save? Do you think Petey takes off with the other? If he does, does that mean he'll return for round 2 later? Speculate!

so i think that when you save them they will come and help you during the adventure and maybe it will be like co -op mode where you can change in between four characters like in
the fantasic four games

T-major

Smash Champion
Well, as everyone knows by now, he just a boss. but he also doesn't have a full move-set from the looks of it. so that perfectly fine with me.

I like how they make you choose who to save. that means theres (hopefully) going to be multiple paths you can take, and depending on which ones you choose you get a different outcome and ending. sweet!

SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
So, what do you guys think will happen when you choose the princess? Does the one you chose join your party and the other one disapear for the whole game?

T-major

Smash Champion
So, what do you guys think will happen when you choose the princess? Does the one you chose join your party and the other one disapear for the whole game?
I'm guessing that the one you save will fight with you (you would probably get to use her if you wanted). if you save Peach, you'll go looking for Mario after he got shot away. if you choose Zelda, you'll go to find Link to help on your quest to..... do what ever it is we have to do. based on which one you choose, you would go to different areas. so to unlock everything, you would have to play both paths.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
The one you don't save is ***** and murdered by Petey Piranha. The one you do save is just *****.

I hope petey is a recurring boss character...

Soooooo who will you guys save? I'm gonna save Peach cause I main her... I do wonder what happens if you pick Peach or Zelda in adventure mode though

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Did anyone else find it sstrange the Peach and Zelda are still alive after being slammed around in thick metal cages?

Top Bottom