• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I'm probably going with the grey color because it makes the design pop more. If i had black then a lot of the front logo gets lost, and it doesn't make the back image look all that great.

I'm very happy with the design so I will officially be taking orders now. Please PM me the following information if you want one.

Size (S,M,L):
Desired Name on right sleeve:
Desired Number on left sleeve:
Address (if out of state or i don't see you often):
Quantity:

I need a minimum of 6 orders to be able to make this possible.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
$64 each

The other site i was looking at didn't seem all that reliable. The current hoodie without the lettering is around the same price.

There are other styles of hoodie/sweatshirt available. I'm not really sure what the differences from one hoodie to the next are. So if someone else wants to look into possible options for gray hoodies here is the site im using.

www.customink.com

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Double post - SWF glitchy PoC

I did some playing around with quantity and if i get an order of 10 or more the price goes down to $50.

Carrol also brought up an interesting point. Do we want hoodies or T's? I'll get a design started for T's so we can compare prices.

T-shirts:
6 ordered = $30 each
10 ordered = $24 each

Hoodies:
6 ordered = $64 each
10 ordered = $50 each

That is as it stands right now. Going to look into other stuff to see if i can't bring the prices down at all.

I can do some with names and numbers as desired though. (just found that out) So if you don't want a name or a number or both that will bring your cost down some. i think by $7 for both.

This has been pretty scatter brained on my part which i apologize for. I'm just excited so i'm going faster than i need to. I'm gonna try to organize everything a little better from here on out.

The text in purple is if Bula Sweet and Solace One decide for hoodies since they are undecided.

Hoodies (13/6) = $64 $50 (S)-2 (M)-5 (L)-6
Mogwai (L)
-Nothing
Vudujin (S)
-Tag (VUDUJIN)
-Number (88)

Nakamaru (M)
-Tag (NAKAMARU)
-Number (12)

Solace One (M)
-Tag (S1)
G.Matt (L)
-Tag (GUMMIBEAR)
TheLake (M)
-Tag (THELAKE)
-Number (3)

Jbro (L)
-tag (JBRO)
Bula Sweet (M)
-Tag (SWEET)
-Number (Y00)

Mike (L)
-Tag (THETHETHELYME)
Thomas (M)
-Tag (FECK)
-number (64)

Caitlin (S)
-Tag (BLUENIGMAA)
-Number (74)

Jeff (L)
-Tag (SIN / WRATH)
Abate (L)
-Tag (Abate)
-Number (05)

T-Shirts (5/6) = Need more orders
-Carrol (x2) (L)
-Life (x1) (M)
-Bula Sweet (x1)
-Thomas (x1) (M)

Feel free to voice your opinions. I'll put them all up in this post.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I can wear a hoodie all the time except on days where it's like 90 degrees F. SO I WANT A HOODIE

I'm sure people who want t-shirts can just order t-shirts if they're looking for a lower price.

Life

Smash Hero
I'm interested in a tee. No tag because I haven't settled on my tag long-term yet.

Think it should say "smashboards.com" rather than Smashboards though. Better advertising that way.

Life

Smash Hero
Look in your closet. Any Mario shirts? Zelda shirts? Nintendo shirts in general? You're a billboard. Wearing your favorite band's shirt? You're a billboard.

Cool t-shirts are advertising surprisingly often.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Those designs are godlike. I want one, but dang that's a bit much for a guy who hasn't lived in PGH in 2 years.

=(

Nakamaru

Smash Master
No, the reason the price is so high is because we are ordering so few. The more they can make of a single design the more they can stretch the costs of making the stencils for screen printing, and ink/paint/whatever they use which also means less costs for us.

Adding both a tag and number is only +$7 per tee ($4.50 for tag. $2.50 for number). What makes it expensive is the fact that they are custom ordered and they are going to be expensive regardless of where I order them from.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
I'll be that guy, and say I will get a hoody if and only if the price goes down because more people want one.

If that's not the case (which seems like it'll remain that way), put me down for a t-shirt, then.

"Sweet"
With the numbers "00"
but with a "Y" infront of them.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I'm interested in a tee. No tag because I haven't settled on my tag long-term yet.

Think it should say "smashboards.com" rather than Smashboards though. Better advertising that way.
To this i say nay because i hate how .com looks on anything. I am not making this for advertising and regardless of what you think a mario shirt means it isn't advertising mario. What it is projecting is that you as a person like mario. Does it sometimes act as advertising? yes it does, but that doesn't mean you're a walking billboard.

You project your self image with what you wear. Not adverts for companies/bands.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Concerning smash tomorrow

we have the option of duq again, or if its easier my place.

if duq, would someone be able to pick me up because im gonna bring a TV to keep there as ROH's Tv doesnt work anymore. ill also bring my wii/component cables and my recording stuff. :^)

if my place, i just got internet and **** so we can stream and hang out. also if people are going to the tournies tomorrow they can just crash here. :^)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I'm getting housing stuff worked out for when I'm in the burgh atm
For my next quarter (Oct - Dec), I'll be back at the AiP dorms, so during December when there is free weekend parking, I'll probably host one or two of those fun party/smashfest things where we order like 3 or 4 extra large pizzas and proceed to finish the pizzas in 10 minutes, but yeah AiP dorms are the worsttttt

For winter quarter (jan - march), I'm hopefully getting an apartment or renting a house with a few of my classmates....who are also gamers and like smash! So I might be able to host stuff as well if we need a place : o

Also anyone know of any good places to look for housing in Oakland/surrounding neighborhoods? We are looking to get outta downtown pittsburgh i think, since its really quite boring there during most times of the year xD

Vudujin

Smash Lord
@ Naka: I second the absence of .com. It does indeed look terribad on everything. That's a pro design call right there.

@Nik: I think your place would work better, because city traffic on Fridays suck (Streaming would be sick). I have no problem going to duq if it means having more people who wanna play. I will actually have 2 tv's this time, 2 setups and one copy of melee. If I could get someone to put a melee disc in my empty cube that'd be greeeaaaaaattttt. . . . mmmmkay.

@Lokii: If you look in the Atwood st.-Orpwood ave. there's a lot of cheaper houses to rent. They're more on the old side, but an artsy person like yourself could spruce it up.

jbro

Smash Ace
@Naka: I'd like a hoodie, they look sick. If it can say "jbro" on it somewhere, that would be cool as well.
EDIT: I don't know if size matters. If so, large I guess?

@Everyone else: I'm registering for TBH2, and I want to register for doubles because I want to play in it but I (surprise, surprise) don't have a teammate. Anybody want to get together for this?

also you jerks better not block my view of my tv or i will fight all of you

and by that i mean i'll probably be too drunk to care

Vyke

Smash Champion
You all can afford a hoodie or a tee if you can pay multiple entries into smash tournaments and even pay gas to travel to them. :gova:

Top Bottom