• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Mogwai2

Smash Rookie
@9Volt: Falcos are just scary when you don't know how to move around them. Just learn to move around lasers and not get hit by dairs/nairs and you're good to go. I would help you with this, but honestly, I have no idea how people do it, it's just how I notice people beating the living **** out of Falcos. If you need someone to practice with, just lemme know ahead of time and I'm always happy to play the Smashbrothers.

A-Laon

Smash Master
You don't beat Falcos -- they beat themselves; you just need to be there when it happens. You need to find a means of playing defensive which allows you to negate lasers, force them into a charge, and be prepared to punish them once they make that stupid opening.

With Peach, floating above laser height is a tried and true method of avoiding lasers. As long as you just sit back and purely defend yourself with this, maybe make a little provocative advance here and there, the Falco will probably have to charge you.

Now, with the Falco on the offensive, the next step is to defend yourself from the attacks they throw at you and find openings to punish them. It can be hard to follow Falco's actions once he's up close, but there are always vulnerabilities to find as long as you are truly focused and vigilant of them.

If you're thinking "Kill Falco" in the match-up, especially when playing a defensive character like Peach, regardless of your better knowledge, your impulses will tell you to play up aggressively and you'll just end up getting needlessly punished. If you're thinking "Wait for Falco," then you'll be controlling yourself and playing far more defensively as you should be, and that seemingly unbreakable Falco offense will soon start looking a lot less solid, and all those gimps and kill oppertunities you were seeking will end up right in front of you.

Then the Falco cries.

Mogwai2

Smash Rookie
You don't beat Falcos -- they beat themselves; you just need to be there when it happens. You need to find a means of playing defensive which allows you to negate lasers, force them into a charge, and be prepared to punish them once they make that stupid opening.

With Peach, floating above laser height is a tried and true method of avoiding lasers. As long as you just sit back and purely defend yourself with this, maybe make a little provocative advance here and there, the Falco will probably have to charge you.

Now, with the Falco on the offensive, the next step is to defend yourself from the attacks they throw at you and find openings to punish them. It can be hard to follow Falco's actions once he's up close, but there are always vulnerabilities to find as long as you are truly focused and vigilant of them.

If you're thinking "Kill Falco" in the match-up, especially when playing a defensive character like Peach, regardless of your better knowledge, your impulses will tell you to play up aggressively and you'll just end up getting needlessly punished. If you're thinking "Wait for Falco," then you'll be controlling yourself and playing far more defensively as you should be, and that seemingly unbreakable Falco offense will soon start looking a lot less solid, and all those gimps and kill oppertunities you were seeking will end up right in front of you.

Then the Falco cries.
Falco is not nearly as good as you think he is. Some matchups do boil down to whether Falco blows it or not, but among the highest tiered characters, they have plenty of pro-active ways of getting control of the match.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Falco is not nearly as good as you think he is. Some matchups do boil down to whether Falco blows it or not, but among the highest tiered characters, they have plenty of pro-active ways of getting control of the match.
Obviously, but one will have a hard time creating an efficient offense if they can't defend themself and are getting pounded by laser control and subsequent shine combos, which is the case with Volt.

I think Falco is highly overrated.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I would like to know if this works, because im having a hard time with Uthrow->dash grab->Uthrow. Ive been doing Uthrow->jab->Uthrow->jab->uthrow->jab->etc. Does this work as good as catching Uthrows?

pockyD

Smash Legend
jab->grab is pretty much never guaranteed

peach's CG is one of the easiest in the game to do consistently; just practice a bit more (just find a friend to help you for 10 minutes)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
ah man i just found out how to multiple quote.

no one outside of NJ overrates falco

anyways, tim/sheik are you guys free to play tomorrow (wednesday) afternoon
im free today(as in right now) and tomm like always.

I would like to know if this works, because im having a hard time with Uthrow->dash grab->Uthrow. Ive been doing Uthrow->jab->Uthrow->jab->uthrow->jab->etc. Does this work as good as catching Uthrows?
practice CG'ing a bit more. jab reseting is a good mixup but its not that practical when u can just grab again. getting the CG perfect is better because of this. good luck.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
hey taki sry im quitting while im ahead. I just had a vision of the vicious cycle of laziness that WoW started when I played freshmen year. i gotta stay away gg......*uninstall*

takieddine

Smash Master
hey taki sry im quitting while im ahead. I just had a vision of the vicious cycle of laziness that WoW started when I played freshmen year. i gotta stay away gg......*uninstall*
LOL, I dont think i'd have to uninstall, cause I won't get the free time to play it anymore...2 jobs suck...

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
People should go next friday, though. I plan on going, anyway. If not, someone should play with me somewhere else, kuz I'll have a car.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
taki I am going to have a small amount of time tomm. afternoon since kevin doesnt get out til later. I will give u a call,so we can play in the commuter lounge.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Geeky question

anyone wanna go to Mr. Smalls theater with me next week on the 15th to see they might be giants? ;)

I can get to pittsburgh, but I dont really have anyway of manuvering the city! I need to start knowing people.

Top Bottom