• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Vudujin

Smash Lord
The collective efforts of Aaron and Alan's fantastic poetry have inspired me, enjoy!:

A Thought

The rippling in my head
moving waters in a stream of consciousness
every drop is a thought
swaying back and forth
a life force in motion
pounding, pounding, pounding
my shore is only skin deep
I want to love in my sea
but the pain is rushing against my skull
drop after drop
a sunken ship in raised relief
an empty bottle with no message to retrieve
slowly the water sinks in a downward spiral
counterclockwise
the ache is slightly less agitating
but I can't talk now
not while I'm urinating.

@ WEMP, if you ever want to smash or chill, feel free to text me on the weekends at any time. I'd love to hang, do you have my number?

No one should be subject to the tyranny of boredom over a smash-filled weekend

A-Laon

Smash Master
The collective efforts of Aaron and Alan's fantastic poetry have inspired me, enjoy!:

A Thought

The rippling in my head
moving waters in a stream of consciousness
every drop is a thought
swaying back and forth
a life force in motion
pounding, pounding, pounding
my shore is only skin deep
I want to love in my sea
but the pain is rushing against my skull
drop after drop
a sunken ship in raised relief
an empty bottle with no message to retrieve
slowly the water sinks in a downward spiral
counterclockwise
the ache is slightly less agitating
but I can't talk now
not while I'm urinating.
I inadvertently read the last line as I was scrolling up the page, and it ruined everything. D:

jk, <3 Jacob writing poetry!

Louie the Claw

Smash Rookie
'Twas a good time indeed. May fair Aaron call forth the voice of Heracles to beckon Lady Fortune so that Matt and I may return once more.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Awesome combo video

Aaron, the part where you literally ran across the Stadium into a mind-gamy kick was the beez kneez.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
World of Warcraft.
Since Rob is an English major and placed this piece of language-art in a forum available for public consumption, we can only assume that it was meant to be over analyzed piece by piece.

This first thing to note about this wonderful little segment is the use of the period. Now, since it was placed in the context of a forum, where grammar is all but nonexistent, and that the quote in and of itself is a fragment, it obviously is extremely meaningful. Looking at the period, we discover two things. First, periods can be written out in word form. Second, the period is a close cousin to the comma, as evidenced by my keyboard and cell phone. Logically, this could only mean that Rob meant the quote to say, "World of Warcraft, period." In this manner, it does not simply signify the end of a segment of text, but it implies that there are no other options. However, World of Warcraft referring to a game would be far too simple for it to mean exactly what it says verbatim, so there must be some other hidden content.

Rob has separated (from the rest of the words) and linked (to each other) the two most important words in this quote, "World" and "Warcraft." Note how both use the letter "W" as well, clearly signifying a link between the two. Analyzing these words, "World" and "War" clearly jump out at the reader. He is speaking here to the global wars constantly occurring around the planet, but that is not all. The second half of "Warcraft" includes "craft," which speaks to an artful aspect of war, further backed up by the usage of such a term in an artful piece of work as this. Now, this artful craftwork of war refers to the act of espionage, which is a heavily used, but often hidden and denied aspect of modern warfare.

Therefore, when Rob said, "World of Warcraft.," he could only have been making social commentary on the rampant espionage that occurs between powerful governments in the modern era.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Pushing little children, with their fully automatics. They like to PUSH THE WEAK AROOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUND, push the weak around, push the weak around.
THEY LIKE TO PUSH THE WEAK AROUND!!!!!

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
really???? really really?

I think jeff (maybe aaron and chris, too. and by maybe i am really hoping they do ) and john were going to go to AJ's first before smash, is that alright????

then after smash till sunday night/monday morning?

edit - of course if for whatever reason the Aj thing doesn't happen you can just pick me up after work saturday and we can just smash for 24 hours =B

Top Bottom