• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
O.K then... My rant at page 23 has gone completely unnoticed, so I will post it again, since I'm a little *****...
That's because, to be honest, not many people care about gripes about the tier list, no matter how much of a chunk the block of text is. Please don't spam the thread.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
O.K then... My rant at page 23 has gone completely unnoticed, so I will post it again, since I'm a little *****...
Hellooooo~, infraction!

My Tier Placement List which took me 1 hour to finish, and albeit being REQUESTED by Buzz has been (nearly) completely unnoticed as well, and it actually was useful. This thread moves fast. Stop complaining.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I would like to know HOW Character Rankings affected the list. were all the characters given a modifier to their votes? Extra points that were placing dependant? I hate to think Sonic ended up with a total vote of 1.5 and is only as high as he is because of Ankoku's list. =P

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What's with Snowstalker completely focusing such venom on M2K?
It's very uncalled for to wage some vendetta against someone you don't even know (except SAKURAI!!!).
Please, even if M2K were obsessed with money, he's still more qualified to make a judgment than 99% of the members on this board.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Hellooooo~, infraction!

My Tier Placement List which took me 1 hour to finish, and albeit being REQUESTED by Buzz has been (nearly) completely unnoticed as well, and it actually was useful. This thread moves fast. Stop complaining.
PM me a link to it (or the actual content).

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
falcon is only high on their because ally won ain with him, falcon's tourney results are dec because everyone loves him and wants to use him. Whereas Link for example is probably a better character, not too many people like him, so he doesn't do as well in tourney. And there are like three billion sonic mains so they have good results.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
This is pretty good. I notice that the only main complaints are low tier mains who want to see their own character higher, and while there is some stuff I disagree with, I hope I can set an example by not claiming that my opinion is better than the whole SBR-B and start pointing fingers calling bias.

I also noticed that while there are some characeters I think should be higher, they already increased significantly, and just because they are doing well in my region doesn't mean they are as broken as I think (I'm looking at ZSS and Olimar right now, lol). They still have significant jumps

I think Diddy will drop overtime, when people get more Diddy experience. Diddy SURGED in after NL beat m2k. The style of play was flashy, technical, and effective, and people weren't ready. Perhaps people will be more prepared once Diddy is more prepared for. Still, he's perfect for the current Metagame, and I don't think the drop will be signigicant.

Thank you at being smart with Marth. I think Falco does do better against the higher/top tiers, even though D3 wrecks lower tiers better.

I'm confused at Yoshi's plummet. I agree with Mario, I think it's perfect, but I think Yoshi is better than Ness/Lucas. I also think any character at Mario's place or better has potential to win take sets off of any character not in A tier or higher.

I'm sad Shiek/Zelda wasn't taken into consideration as one character. Shiek + her down B as a kill move is considered better than Sheik, and there are even top level players like Ryoko and Snakeee that use them in such a way (I believe Snake does this, I could be mistaken).

The thing that stuck out the most was actually Pikachu's placement. Pikachu is a good all around character, but is he really that good? Time for me to check out Pika boards.

Oh, and I also consider M2k a good friend. We play for fun everytime we see each other, and he ENJOYS Brawl. He just likes Melee better.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Wow, olimar improved loads, i shuda expected it tho,
well done to all of us olimars taking him so high in tournaments lol
still quite dissapointed with luigi's placement, despite the rise, but oh well, i cant have it all.

Jxe

Smash Rookie
What do those letters on top of the tiers mean. (Sorry I'm a tier n00b)

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
And there are like three billion sonic mains so they have good results.
O.o

How many ****ing times do I have to say this....

Sonic does not report MORE results. HE DOES NOT HAVE SIGNIFICANTLY MORE PLACINGS THAN ANYONE ELSE IN HIS BRACKET!

10 Ice Climbers (7 top8, 2 top2, 4 wins) - 70.6 - 16 (13 placings)
10 ROB (13 top8, 7 top4, 1 win) - 70.6 - 11 (21 placings)
10 Sonic (3 top8, 4 top4, 2 top2, 2 wins) - 58.8 - 18 (11 placings)
10 Olimar (9 top8, 6 top4, 4 top2) - 54.1 - 9 (19 placings)

14 Peach (3 top8, 1 top4, 1 top2, 2 wins) - 42.5 - 13 (7 placings)
14 Lucario (5 top8, 1 top4, 3 top2, 1 win) - 40.3 - 8 (10 placings)

16 Pikachu (5 top8, 2 top4, 3 top2, 1 win) - 36.5 - 15 (11 placings)
16 Mr. Game & Watch (10 top8, 4 top4, 2 wins) - 35.9 - 6 (16 placings)
16 Zelda/Sheik (5 top8, 3 top4, 1 top2, 1 win) - 34.8 - 20 (10 placings)

He has the LEAST placings of characters tied for 10th. This means he is placing HIGHER or at LARGER tournaments comparatively. Saying that there are a billion Sonics is biased and blantantly ignorant of statistics.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Copy/Paste from what I said somewhere else

The biggest issue with Sonic's placement is that everyone who shoots him down constantly contradict themselves and make great big gaping loop holes

"Sonic is a bad character who will never get anywhere"

Ok fair enough but he's got enough qualities/punishment skills to bring up. And his tournament results are very very good compared to those in his tiers

"Sonic's results are skewed and flawed. Character fanbase is only getting him anywhere"

The last rankings list proved otherwise

"So many people main Sonic. That's what's only getting him anywhere"

Right...

"When people figure out the matchup, Sonic will be crap tier!"

If so many people use Sonic, why is it people haven't figured out the match up yet?

I don't want this to turn into a rant about Sonic's placement and stuff because I'm happy he's at least moved up

I should also point out that (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) someone who places well with Sonic is actually no reporting his results

Having said that, I'm interested into just how much tourney results affected this list

Browny

Smash Hater
lmao. the more i get into competitive brawl, the more I realise how incredibly juvenile this game is.

The list is determined by matchups written by mere children, and tourney results are interpreted by high school drop-outs with the intelligence of your average household can-opener.

BTW terios you give people too much credit. Ive determined its safer to assume everyone else on this site is a complete ****** until they prove otherwise.

Jxe

Smash Rookie
Still no rise in Toon Link? Oh well. I expect a rise soon even if its just one. And hooray for ZSS with a great rise. She's my main.

Mmac

Smash Lord
You can't deny that Sonic's Matchup's are pretty lack luster. He doesn't seem to have any direct advantages on anyone, according to your Matchup Thread.

Yet, it seems like Tournament Results are 10000x more important than Matchup's, judging that a Character who only has 5 disadvantaged matchups with no hard counters was almost put into the Lowest Tier, Figures...

Is it just me, or was Andy and Jesiah were the only ones in the back room who didn't think Yoshi was a complete Garbage character?

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
Fox went down a lot, can someone explain this please? His matchups are not that horrendous, or maybe I'm ignorant.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Mmac, Yoshi might not have only 5 bad matchups. He might have 2, he might have 14. The chart isn't NEARLY finished. Plus, it doesn't take into account Yoshi's many 45:55 matchups, which, however so small, are still disadvantages.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
You can't deny that Sonic's Matchup's are pretty lack luster. He doesn't seem to have any direct advantages on anyone, according to your Matchup Thread.
Which is why Sonic mainers believe he's around bottom of mid and not higher. His match ups are bad and he's rubbish on paper. Relying on tourney results will not get him far - hence a low placement. However, his tourney results are very good compared to characters in his tier which should boost him up

P.S I'm a Peach main, not a Sonic main. My Sonic is actually pretty bad. I'm just trying to help them out

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
BTW terios you give people too much credit. Ive determined its safer to assume everyone else on this site is a complete ****** until they prove otherwise.
/me sighs Apparently. T_T

Sonic's matches aren't GREAT but they're about 4:6 with a smattering of advantages and like 2 or 3 really bad matchups. If Sonic's involved it's close enough that skill SHOULD be the overwhelming factor.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Fox went down a lot, can someone explain this please? His matchups are not that horrendous, or maybe I'm ignorant.
My guess is that too many Hard Counters. It really doesn't matter if his other Matchups are decent when Pikachu, ZSS, and Sheik are in the picture. It's kinda the same deal with Wolf.

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
Oh wow... so many tiers...
And I didn't even EXPECT it so soon!

I must say, I am completely shocked by this. I think I'll stick to the first one... *mumbles about Fox and Lucas moving down*

•Col•

Smash Champion
Pikachu vs. Fox is like the worst matchup in the game........... o_O Shiek is pretty bad for Fox too.

However, the biggest reason for his drop is most likely from the tournament results. Almost nobody plays Fox; let alone place. D: Plus, he doesn't seem to have much more potential than right now...

M@v

Subarashii!
Pikachu vs. Fox is like the worst matchup in the game........... o_O Shiek is pretty bad for Fox too.

However, the biggest reason for his drop is most likely from the tournament results. Almost nobody plays Fox; let alone place. D: Plus, he doesn't seem to have much more potential than right now...
The potential part I disagree with; everything else I agree on.

heck, the best fox placing in December was my second. Not. one.win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom