• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenki

Smash Hero
trips are what contributed to this tier list,
whoooaaa.

no.

But as for the rest of your post, if you had 4 non-identical items and were asked to arrange them in order of quality (color, size, shape, whatever), there would still be a best, and there would still be a worst.

Of course, Snake and Metaknight are pretty good.

But the gap of actual in-game ability from A-class to F-G tier isn't as large as you'd think.

Falcon can lay painful punishments on people o_o;

And all 3 of the Pokemon have the capability to kill people in under 1 minute each, so yeah.

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
This is an outrage! Meta Knight should be higher!

Tenki

Smash Hero
dude sonic fanboys are worse than FF fanboys.
lol Peach sucks, she's so nerfed and can't kill.
That was stuff from April.

Since then, Peach has stepped up her metagame.
I don't recall people complaining about Peach in that light any time recently.

Meanwhile, you have a bunch of people still saying outdated/false things about Sonic, and some not even about the metagame.

"Sonic has like, millions of people at tournaments, that's why he's getting results!!!"
*looks at tournament rankings, and sees Sonic with 11 placings while he's surrounded by people with nearly 20 placings*

It's a fault on the SWF community for letting Sonic place, if he really sucks as bad as they say. They don't care to learn the matchup, and after finally playing against a Sonic main, they realize they don't know what to do, and when they need matchup experience, they realize they don't really have a Sonic main to play against, because there AREN'T alot of competitive Sonic mains.

besides, if a Sonic player comes here raving about how Sonic should be higher tier, just quote this.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214640

Let's see those Sonic people step it up and place in tourneys nao.

lalaolzololulxhzluzlu1lcthulhu111111

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yur "teh fax" are "teh flawed".
I would argue this, but then again I'm not gonna keep ranting about the same @#$% that has been posted like over 9,000 times already, if you want to continue to be ignorant, be my guest... wanna learn something about Sonic/the people that run this place, go read the previous 2cents.

It's not my problem anymore if people want to keep complaining about how we try to be the crusaders of the truth.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
EDIT: lol, Kinzer beat me.

Oh and Tenki is cool.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I still can't believe Edreeses said that Sonic mains need to step it up in tournies.

After everyone here agrees, even Sonic haters, that he overperforms in tournies. How does he step it up, exactly? Does he need to have results comparable to Falco's for people to start caring? He beats everyone in the old low tier and most mid tiers.

I know that tourney results are probably the least determining factor in the tier list, but I really don't buy it. We're forced to looking at skewed match-up opinions by people who don't know what the **** they're talking about when it comes to Sonic. I mean, he's a bad character, so it's not worth learning the match up or even debating it, right? 65:35 advantage because we just can. Whereas tournament results show what is actually happening in the metagame minus all the ridiculous statements on here, but obviously they're not important.

I'd like to cap this mini rant off by saying, even though Edreeses admitted earlier in this thread that he didn't really take ANY low tiers tourney results into account, he wants proof with tournament results for a low tier character that Sonic warrants better then he's made out to be, even though said evidence has been shown, explained and disregarded over 9000 ****ing times. I wanted to find something in this thread that was epic fail, and I found it. Cheers, Edreeses.

<3 for playing Peach still, but that was a dumb move.
You must have missed some of my posts, you should read the entire thread. I made several posts about how Sonic's small tourney results can't be shown to prove that he's good, and he needs to step it up at larger, more meaningful tournaments. Then I explained why from an analytical, paper point of view, why in my opinion he's lower than the other low tiers who also don't have tournament results at the better tournaments out there. When two characters both don't perform and its this early in the life of the game, (and by perform I'm referring to tournaments that matter) you have to look at what their characters can do and thats why lots of people decided to vote Sonic lower. By no means am I singling out sonic - character mains of all low tier characters need to step it up in larger tournaments if they wish to prove their 'characters worth.' I'm just addressing sonic mains because they are the ones predominantly upset all over this thread.

I did NOT 'admit" that I didn't take low tier character tourney results into account. I took into account any low tier character placement when it was a victory over established players , at key tournaments , or at tournaments with a large amount of entrants. Sorry but I ignore small tournaments - this includes results of top tier characters as well. I've gotten 2nd at small tournaments going jiggly puff in half my matches, but at a real tournament I wouldn't be able to beat anyone with my jiggs. I don't find them credible.

Let me break it down

Once you weed out useless tournaments,

Sonics tournament results = other low tiers that are above him

Sonic as a character has less tools, less options and from my experience I don't consider him as good of a character, This is why I placed him lower on the tier list. Usually I throw aside my insight on a character in favor of tournament results, but Sonic doesn't have meaningful tournaments just as many other low tiers don't, so there's nothing left to decide it on but what's on paper. That's why the tier list isn't so accurate in the bottom half as it is in the top half.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Some of those adjectives were a little harsh, but that's the thing you Sonic guys are missing. If Sonic really were doing well at important tournaments, people (not just Sonic mains) would be taking notice.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Wow, unstable forums are unstable, I just wrote up a big response to these answers. Don't worry, they aren't arguing/flaming anybody, in fact they're more directed at any tourney-gonig Sonic main reading this.

You heard it people, they won't take our @#$% anymore, they told us what we must do, now it's up to us to hold our end of the bargain.

We got a lot to do, not only going to moar bigger/OoS tourneys, but now surpassing the metagame even further. People are going to learn the matchup against Sonic, now it's up to us to work around these counters.

If Sonic really does deserve his placing or should be higher/lower, doing this will seal the deal on it, or will be the icing on the cake, take it as you will.

Go my Steaklings, invade the tourney scene like you have these forums, let's show these creeps the real super awesome power of teamwork Sonic!

/Game reference.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Sounds like people take Tiers a bit too seriously.

They are only the general aspect and fundamental basics of said character, and even if the character is "crap", if you're good with that person, then you're good with that character.

End of. You go out there and you **** people.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Sounds like people take Tiers a bit too seriously.

They are only the general aspect and fundamental basics of said character, and even if the character is "crap", if you're good with that person, then you're good with that character.

End of. You go out there and you **** people.
quoted-for-dang-skippy

Go out and win with your character. If you win, you prove your character's worth. If you lose, your character is not as awesome you would like to believe.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
One thing I like to do is see which characters go through the biggest jump or drop in the tier list. It usually shows improvement in a characters metagame, or a correction from an incorrect placement in the earlier tier list. Anyways, let's take a look.

:olimar: Olimar +7 / +8 - Wow. That is a pretty huge jump. I've been hearing posters say that his smash and grab range is ridiculous, but I have never played a decent Olimar before. Wouldn't his easy to gimp up-b make it difficult to do well with him? :confused:

:fox: Fox -5 - Ouch. Fox is one of the more likable characters imo. I guess his old Melee tactics aren't helping him very much. Fox players should probably laser camp more because I don't know of many good appraoches besides d-air. (You can mix it up with dash grabs / dash shields and stuff.)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Some of those adjectives were a little harsh, but that's the thing you Sonic guys are missing. If Sonic really were doing well at important tournaments, people (not just Sonic mains) would be taking notice.
*points to sig*
10lolninjalinkisntimportants
quoted-for-dang-skippy

Go out and win with your character. If you win or place at tourneys with more than 50 national level people there, you prove your character's worth. If you lose or you win but you dont win big enough, your character is not as awesome you would like to believe.
fixed for edreese-ness

ALSO
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6289163#post6289163

note the last sentance where i tell all Sonic mains to stop talking about this.

and that all posts pertaining to sonic after this should be infracted because they are stupid pointless, annying posts...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Harsh... if anything, you were right to say it.

Give yourself a pat on the back, you're one of my favorite SBR members right now (you are a back-roomer, right? I just went by the Grimer icon).

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I go to sleep, wake up, and there is still nothing but Sonic talk. Lol.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Don't worry, we'll leave this Taco Stand, and start taking over the tourney scene. :psycho:

Nothing more can be said for Sonic's case, everything is taken care of.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
This wouldn't load last night, but I'm surprised to see Falcon not be Super Super Sexy Tier. ....D:<
he is in our hearts...

LAWL @ the fan favorite smash character being dead last on the tier list!
too good, Captain Douglas Jay Falcon... too good.

Browny

Smash Hater
Ninjalink saying Sonic is mid tier = Sonic doing well at important tournaments? You just derailed the logic train.
SBR saying mario, ike, ness, lucas, samus being more tourney viable than Sonic = That actually being the case when we analyse actual tournament results?

omnomnom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom