• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
sonic mains need to chill

wtf is wrong with everyone

lol

seriously i bet i love bowser 100 times more than any of you can even THINK to love sonic and i never started a revolt on the boards about how underrated bowser is and that he's got some secret potential nobody believes or some garbage like that

sonic isn't good - chill out.

either seroiusly step up your sonic games and place slash do SOMETHING at a major and get noticed or consistently keep up with high level players OR just shut up and recognize your character has fairly extreme limitations and IS NOT GOOD.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Third person status dictates that Gimpyfish > Sonic.

Also, is Wario ever gonna go up? I put him in the top 5. :0

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
that's doopliss or mimi from paper mario 2 or super paper mario respectively

it's a cheap imitation - i can see how it would trick most people... but not me.

that's no bowser.

Flayl

Smash Hero
And how do you know this?

Oh and just throwing this out there but, gimpyfish's posts are full of win.
Both of those characters have a very limited representation in tournaments (almost non-existent in important ones), yet their tier placement is more accurate than Sonic's, who places higher and has, albeit little, more representation than those 2.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Bowser keeps changing. There is no one Bowser. In one game he's only twice the size of Mario, in other he's a ****ing titan.

With his size, so do his attacks change. In one game he's throwing ****loads of axes and spitting fireballs, in another he's suplex-suiciding and swiping people when they escape his grab hold >.>

.Marik

is a social misfit
Now for Yoshi!

Bring it. D<

Lol, I kid. But I actually haven't seen anyone say why Yoshi should be that low, and not Mid-Tier, where he belongs.

Inb4sh*tstorm.

Remember, I said Tiers aren't that big a deal last page.

*Edit* Two pages now. =P

Anth0ny

Smash Master
this pile of garbage is nothing like any bowser character-wise

this simply isn't how he would fight - ever
LOL I love this guy.

But he's right. Melee Bowser may not have been high on the tier list, but he was high on the tier list...of FUN. As in 99 stock FFAs on Hyrule fun :laugh:

Brawl Bowser is an imposter.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
This is a great shot in the arm for Brawl+. Most people who where thinking about giving up on the game will definitely do so. I'm making a prediction though. In 2 years time all tourney's will be MK and Snake only.
How is this a shot in the arm for "random format no one cares about"?

Ah, wishful thinking.

PS. I doubt it, honestly. If MK ever becomes too dominant, he probably will be banned, but I'm not sure that he will.

We had to shoot down this BS so many times. There are at MOST, 3 competent Sonic mains per REGION. In December, some of them went to their first offline tournaments and ended up placing top 8. I believe in one tourney, two of them placed top 8, so Sonic got a relatively high amount of points for that.
Okay, so, basically, Sonic does better than he should because no one plays Sonic, and thus doesn't know the matchup?

I guess that makes some sense. *shrug*

And thanks for the Sonic info.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I could go for some Yoshi discussion. I think Peach discussion would be more fun.
Anything to get the topic off of Sonic.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I also think that Olimar and ZSS should be higher on the list!
Olimar went up 7 places and ZSS went up 5...

They moved up the most out of all the characters, along with Peach.

How much higher do you want them? XD

:093:

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
SBR saying mario, ike, ness, lucas, samus being more tourney viable than Sonic = That actually being the case when we analyse actual tournament results?

omnomnom
No. Please tell me which SBR member said the bottom half of the list is perfect and undisputable.

If Sonic really is better than those characters, his lower placement is the result of bias and/or lack of exposure to Sonic play on the part of SBR members. Whatever it is, it'll go away in time, and Sonic's placement will eventually correct itself. This is just another bi-yearly tier list.

You have your Sonic Goggles on, so Sonic's performance at tournaments is very visible and meaningful to you. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but don't accuse SBR members of ignoring tournament results. They're simply not all convinced to the extent that you guys are, and admittedly that convincing isn't easy to do with a lower-tier character--after all, Sonics won't be winning any huge national tourneys anytime soon. Read Le_Thien's wall of text in the thread on the Sonic boards--it has a good explanation of why Sonic's ranking on Ankoku's chart is not very good evidence.

Everything I've just said notwithstanding, I do value the input of dozens of SBR members over the input of one person, whether it's Ninjalink or NoobRoy97.

SSBBChess

Smash Rookie
umm the tiers a little inaccurate man iceclimbers and olimar should be in the top with snake,metaknight .. theres still other inaccuracies but those two are the biggest errors.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
umm the tiers a little inaccurate man iceclimbers and olimar should be in the top with snake,metaknight .. theres still other inaccuracies but those two are the biggest errors.
Please cite tournament results or at least reasoning for your statement.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Anything to get the topic off of Sonic.
Our character just has dedicated* mains. Not our fault. Maybe if the other F tiers were placing at all I'd be more inclined to shut my mouth.

Olimar went up 7 places and ZSS went up 5...

They moved up the most out of all the characters, along withPeach.

How much higher do you want them? XD

:093:
I want Peach to be right under where ZSS is. XD
She DOES have that infinite on Wario now.

*fanatical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom