• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That's the way to do it DJ... just because other people hate Sonic, we have to stoop to their level and express our balant hate on other peoples' characters...

You people know who you are...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I don't see very many Lucas mains running around, either. Dunno about you guys, but I don't think we'll see much arguing in regards to his placement. Soooooo....

Next?

Smooth Criminal

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i just noticed something about the title of this thread.

SBR-B Brawl Tier List

so the full name of this thread is

The Official Smash Back Room-Brawl Brawl Tier List v2.0

lol@redundancy

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
i just noticed something about the title of this thread.

SBR-B Brawl Tier List

so the full name of this thread is

The Official Smash Back Room-Brawl Brawl Tier List v2.0

lol@redundancy
I cannot stand the new titles for the SBRs.

Browny

Smash Hater
wtf kinzer. i dont hate lucas, i hate his fsmash. in the same way i hate snakes nade counter, DDD chaingrab etc.

:/

Snare

Smash Lord
isn't there a back room for almost every character board now too...?

someone should color code them.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the back rooms for characters for the most part arent mod created and include noncolored name peoples.

EDIT to laugh at criminals reason for editting...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I meant the little puffball.

And not the Puffball you know back at the Sonic boards, I meant the Pink one.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Nah, talking about how many tier there are has already been done. But what is intersesting is G tier. That is the tier that is EASILY the most debateable (with the exception of F tier, but lets not go down that road). All 4 characters are improving and have a case to be at the top of G tier:

Jigglypuff has been improving her metagame and frankly looks to be the best character on paper, imo. Top tier recovery, immunity to ALL combos, and great aerial speed along with her new wavelanding discovery. Note that she is the only member of G tier with not only a non **** matchup against Meta Knight, but also goes even IIRC against an A tier (DDD).

Captain Falcon contrary to popular beleif, is not a complete piece of garbage (he is MUCH better than Roll in MvC2) even if he still sucks. Captain Falcon has a great jab which leads into a grab, and is the only member of G tier fast enough to pressure on both the ground and the air which definantly helps against characters without close range brick wall moves like ZSS or the Ice Climbers (if he could conceivably get them into the air).

Link is simply a hard character to even master let alone play competetively. Link, out of the 4 characters in G tier, is the toughest and least likely one to simply get out prioritized. He can actually camp, plays a mean mid range game, and is not completely shut down at close range which is something most in F tier cannot say.

Ganondorf is pretty hard to say. Simply, his best asset as far as tier rankings go is the mindset of the community. Will the top players continue the mindset that Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon have absolutely nothing going for them and are virtually worthless on any competetive level? If that mindset continues, Ganon will be safe from the bottom.

Note that I do not have any extensive knowledge on these characters. I am just posting what I beleive. I hope to get in some relevent non Sonic/Yoshi discussion in so discuss about these characters or any in F tier that might make it into G tier (yes even Yoshi if it pertains to the subject)..

Edit: This thread is faster than I thought

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Ganondorf is pretty hard to say. Simply, his best asset as far as tier rankings go is the mindset of the community. Will the top players continue the mindset that Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon have absolutely nothing going for them and are virtually worthless on any competetive level? If that mindset continues, Ganon will be safe from the bottom.
Ganondorf's best asset is the fact that he hits like a bus full of fat people.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
So.... I'm kind of surprised both Yoshi and Jiggs fell, given that both have been lauded as having a decent potential against MK.

Also, all these tiers and their letterings are kind of meh. It should probably be like this:

Top Tier
Meta Knight 15.00
Snake 13.91
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

High Tier
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

Mid Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91

Low Tier
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66

(Bottom Tier - This division may be excluded.)
Link 2.28
Jigglypuff 2.03
Ganondorf 1.88
Captain Falcon 1.63

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
God tier
Meta Knight

Jesus tier
Snake

Top tier
Falco
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Diddy Kong
Wario
R.O.B.

High tier
Lucario
Olimar
Pikachu
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Ice Climbers
Zero Suit Samus

Mid tier
Toon Link
Pit
Peach
Wolf
Luigi
Zelda
Bowser

Low tier
Fox
Sheik
Ike
Mario
Lucas
Ness
Samus

Bottom tier
Sonic
Pokémon Trainer
Yoshi
Link
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i guess thats the opinion of the majority of the SBR as well...

i just dont see it, especially now that you can SDI and tech falcos chainspike

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you'd have to be purely delusional to think that fox compares to metaknight AT ALL

lol

metaknight is wayyyyyyy better in brawl than fox was in melee

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
gimpy, i was making a ridiculous exaggeration and in no way actually believe that.
i do, on the other hand, think fox is the best char in melee as i think mk is the best in brawl.
that's about the only comparison.

but i really wonder if the meta game will change enough to have mk drop a spot or two.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
but i really wonder if the meta game will change enough to have mk drop a spot or two.
Its possible he's this game's Sheik, seen as the best for a good long while then declining over time due to other, more technically advanced characters being mastered and coming up to that level.

Its also possible he's just the best.

Only time will tell.

Browny

Smash Hater
lol so like, in the first tier list, ROB was in the same tier as MK. and now hes THREE whole tiers below him

and rob is still a very good character.

makes MK seem even more ridiculous :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom