• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. I thought you could change from Samus to ZSS but not back with taunts. I looked but I can't find a video of it.

Samus Aran X

Smash Cadet
Wow. after I left a Zamus/Samus conundrum burst out. Anyway, i've got to begin preparing taunts for a main. I played D3. He has amazing strength and a good moveset with an unbelievable range for someone with stubby gloves as hands. However, D3 is just not my style, chain grab in mind and all. I think I'll set him aside for third main with Falco and possibly Luigi as my two mains. I could easily choose the SS MK as my main and attempt to advance with him, but his moves aren't killer as well. His smashes aren't devastating, however his strong points are his spinning moves which can be used constantly, accompanied by the speed he holds.

For now, I'll stick with Falco as my prime main seeing as his moveset is the most similar to Fox's. While i'm practicing, is there any niche's in his moveset I should know about? :S The only thing i've noticed is his amazing jumping (yet crappy recovery) and his true recovery move being Side B (goes just past halfway of final destination). I've heard of him having a chain-grab as well. Why else is he top of the A-Tier?

EDIT: Wowow. Ice Climber's is pretty strong. I might main them along with Falco and GnW.

Umby

Smash Master
Wow. after I left a Zamus/Samus conundrum burst out. Anyway, i've got to begin preparing taunts for a main. I played D3. He has amazing strength and a good moveset with an unbelievable range for someone with stubby gloves as hands. However, D3 is just not my style, chain grab in mind and all. I think I'll set him aside for third main with Falco and possibly Luigi as my two mains. I could easily choose the SS MK as my main and attempt to advance with him, but his moves aren't killer as well. His smashes aren't devastating, however his strong points are his spinning moves which can be used constantly, accompanied by the speed he holds.

For now, I'll stick with Falco as my prime main seeing as his moveset is the most similar to Fox's. While i'm practicing, is there any niche's in his moveset I should know about? :S The only thing i've noticed is his amazing jumping (yet crappy recovery) and his true recovery move being Side B (goes just past halfway of final destination). I've heard of him having a chain-grab as well. Why else is he top of the A-Tier?
Short Hop Laser and Short Hop Double Laser pretty much speaks for itself. The animation from landing after the laser can be canceled and you can go into any other move instantly, such as a dash attack. There's a few more specifics, barring chain grabbing, but what I've mentioned plus a few more details cause him to have good and **** match ups against the rest of the cast.

Mbison1995

Smash Rookie
who makes this tier list "official"? Is there realy a smash back room that decides how to strip the games and then everyone else just nuthuggs-em?

Edgeworth

Smash Rookie
I'm not the most knowledgeable person in Brawl, so could some explain to me two things?

1) Why is Link so low?
and
2) Why is Gannondorf better than Captain Falcon?

Sorry if they've been asked before, but I can't sift through 200 pages lol.

Mbison1995

Smash Rookie
I'm not the most knowledgeable person in Brawl, so could some explain to me two things?

1) Why is Link so low?
and

cuz the backroom said so *****, start huggin.

Tennet

Smash Champion

1) Why is Link so low?
and

use the search function then.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Any time.

Smooth Criminal

Perhaps I phrased it wrong? It was more of a "Falco CG doesn't make or break Falco either." He's retardedly good even if he doesn't CG. He probably wouldn't be in the place he is now with out it, but he'd still be a beast.

Also, MK is rediculously good, but I'm tired of seeing everyone refer back to a character's matchup vs MK as justification for anything that relates to said character being good or bad.
+D3, and another falco can be CG'd. Just wanted to make an example, just so happened that MK popped up.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
DK is going up to god tier. I mean, he's not considered a god yet but time will tell. Savor the days you have left, MK and Snake, because soon you will have to ration them like a squirrel burying a precious bone. The great ape **** of 09 is coming

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
DK is going up to god tier. I mean, he's not considered a god yet but time will tell. Savor the days you have left, MK and Snake, because soon you will have to ration them like a squirrel burying a precious bone. The great ape **** of 09 is coming
* Dedede waddles up.*

* DK flexes his simian muscles, thinking he's billy badass. He then proceeds to approach Dedede with badly spaced b-airs.*

* Dedede shieldgrabs. Chaingrabs him to the other side of the stage, occasionally hitting him to keep with the d-throw's freshness. F-throw. Edgeguard. Rinse, repeat, etc.*

lol

I only joke.

Smooth Criminal

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
I don't care about the chaingrab to the side..DK isn't so easy to edgeguard. It's the standing infinite that deserves a ban.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I don't care about the chaingrab to the side..DK isn't so easy to edgeguard. It's the standing infinite that deserves a ban.
Whether it deserves to be banned or not, even without the infinite DK is in a really bad position against Dedede.

He also has several other matches in which he loses pretty badly, see: Pit, Wario, Ice Climbers.

With so many bad match-ups in the cast, he's never reaching top tier. Looking at the amount of bad stuff he has, actually, it's pretty obvious that he's worse than you'd think.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
* Dedede waddles up.*

* DK flexes his simian muscles, thinking he's billy badass. He then proceeds to approach Dedede with badly spaced b-airs.*

* Dedede shieldgrabs. Chaingrabs him to the other side of the stage, occasionally hitting him to keep with the d-throw's freshness. F-throw. Edgeguard. Rinse, repeat, etc.*

lol

I only joke.

Smooth Criminal
I thought D3 had an infinite on DK with dthrow, as in doesn't event need to chain him from one side to the other, as in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKeM7En9QV8

AceMegaX

Smash Rookie
Other than Diddy Kong being in the A tier, I mostly agree with this list. Though I wish pika was a little higher.
EDIT: However because I'm a Marth main, I wish Marth was in the top 5 instead of the top 6 XD. But really I don't disagree with D3 or G&W being above him.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
IMHO, I think this list is absolutely perfect. And not just cause i'm a mk fan. I honestly think that MK deserves a 15/15. And I love how all the snake fans were/are complaining about how he gets his own tier.For god's sake the SBR gave him a perfect score. Hey does anyone know if they took QAC into consideration when they did this? Cause now that anther's pretty much the best smasher primarily becuase of it it might raise pikachu's tier level alot. I'm thinking he and ddd and falco join snake in s tier.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I seriously doubt QAC is that gamebreaking.

Falco got placed above DDD mostly because of how MK takes the game off balance. Falco beats DDD and can go even with Snake and MK. DDD has a horrible fight wit Falco and MK, and a bad one with G&W and Diddy. DDD is very good but he just has quite a few bad matchups in the top tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom