• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigman40

Smash Master
Reflex, he getting on me cause I have a squirtle as my avatar. This idoit thinks I'm nothing but a scrub cause he thinks that I use him. Don't worry about this nub; He's stepping into the wrong territory before he can even get his facts straight.

.Marik

is a social misfit
He did quit.

Shiiiiiiiiiit.

I already had a feeling he did, but he was amazing with Yoshi! Always placing top 5-8 out of 30+ people.

Honestly, who cares that Yoshi didn't rise? Yes, we all know he deserves to be mid-tier, and PRiDE,Bwett and Sockz are all proof of that, but you don't quit because of other people who are oblivious to the fact that your character may have potential, even if they aren't top/high tier. Sure they may have greater disadvantages... but that doesn't mean anything.

Or he could've just quit because he's sick of Brawl alltogether?

Anyways, I'll miss all of these Yoshi veterans who are leaving... :(

bigman40

Smash Master
Shiiiiiiiiiit.

I already had a feeling he did, but he was amazing with Yoshi! Always placing top 5-8 out of 30+ people.

Honestly, who cares that Yoshi didn't rise? Yes, we all know he deserves to be mid-tier, and PRiDE,Bwett and Sockz are all proof of that, but you don't quit because of other people who are oblivious to the fact that your character may have potential, even if they aren't top/high tier. Sure they may have greater disadvantages... but that doesn't mean anything.

There's only one yoshi veteran that left (and he's the one being talked about now). Everyone else is still here. Idk what Pride's reason might be when he decided to quit, but it's his decision and I respect whatever his decision is. Just make it your job to get better so then you can help yoshi's potential instead of looking at it as if you might not ever reach being a good/great yoshi mainer.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Shiiiiiiiiiit.

Honestly, who cares that Yoshi didn't rise? Yes, we all know he deserves to be mid-tier, and--
Speak for yourself...remember, this isn't being posted on the Yoshi boards. ;)

goodkid

Smash Lord
There's only one yoshi veteran that left (and he's the one being talked about now). Everyone else is still here. Idk what Pride's reason might be when he decided to quit, but it's his decision and I respect whatever his decision is. Just make it your job to get better so then you can help yoshi's potential instead of looking at it as if you might not ever reach being a good/great yoshi mainer.
Pride didn't quit, he just got 2nd @ an east coast tourney teaming w/ M2K ;)

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
w00t, metaknight god tier!
Welcome to Smashboards! Let me fill you in on a few things.

MK is god tier.
Everyone in top tier is cheap.
The SBR is ********.
You now love the Sonic boards. However you are not allowed to admit it.
Yoshi is always several spots too low. Even if he were god tier.
Steak.
Ice Climbers have instant kills which makes them banworthy even if there's A MILLION FREAKING WAYS AROUND THEM!
SCIENCE!
Creating topics on any of the above will get you banned but everyone will TOTALLY love you.
Moar Steak

:093:

On a non-sarcastic note check out Show Me Your News. It's Smashboards official podcast and it's awesome.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

MK is god tier.
Everyone in top tier is cheap.
The SBR is ********.
You now love the Sonic boards. However you are not allowed to admit it.
Steak.
Ice Climbers have instant kills which makes them banworthy even if there's A MILLION FREAKING WAYS AROUND THEM!
SCIENCE!
Creating topics on any of the above will get you banned but everyone will TOTALLY love you.
Moar Steak

:093:

On a non-sarcastic note check out Show Me Your News. It's Smashboards official podcast and it's awesome.
I knew I smelt SCIENCE! somewhere!

.Marik

is a social misfit
Shiiiiiiiiiit.

I can't believe I got infracted for that.

Speak for yourself...remember, this isn't being posted on the Yoshi boards. ;)
No. Anyone who has a shred of intellect about Smash would realize Yoshi has always been to low on the Tier-List. Look at the big-time Yoshi mains, always placing top 5 in a Tournament that consists of 50+ people. The problem is we don't have enough Yoshi mains, because the SBR always gives the impression that he sucks, which he doesn't. Yes, he's not God-Tier maybe, but he sure as hell isn't bottom or low. Yoshi for mid-tier!

Screw that. Yoshi for top-tier! :yoshi:
Oh, and Yoshi isn't a Pokemon, silly.
Lololol. Who said that he was?

Hear hear.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
\
No. Anyone who has a shred of intellect about Smash would realize Yoshi has always been to low on the Tier-List. Look at the big-time Yoshi mains, always placing top 5 in a Tournament that consists of 50+ people--
I guess I'm not very knowledgeable.

29 :yoshi2: Yoshi (8 top8, 3 top4, 1 top2, 1 win) - 38.9 - 30

Most up-to-date rankings, no details: (last updated February 22, 2009)
NOTATION
, for next on list
( ) for very close score

S: Meta Knight
A: Snake, Falco
B: Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Marth, Ice Climbers, Kirby
C: ROB, (Lucario, Donkey Kong, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar), (Pikachu, Toon Link, Wolf), Sonic
D: (Luigi, Fox), (Peach, Pokémon Trainer), Pit, Zelda/Sheik, Ike, Ness
E: Captain Falcon, (Samus, Yoshi), Mario, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Lucas, Bowser, Link
This certainly doesn't support the fact that he's mid-tier. Otherwise, he'd have better placings.

Despite that, how did the Yoshi mains do at CoT4? Isn't that tournament the last straw in PRiDE's retirement? (Wish he'd come back, by the way. :( )

.Marik

is a social misfit
I guess I'm not very knowledgeable.
I was -mainly- talking about *some* of the SBR members.

Yes, we don't have that many good placings, but if we had more Yoshi veterans...

I don't know how PRiDE did at COT4, I don't think he placed top 5...

However, he *supposedly* did team up with M2K at a recent Tournament, and I bet he mained Yoshi.

But there are a few Yoshi mains that place high consistently. However, since there are so few of them, it doesn't really account to anything.

So, if we had more people willing to learn how to use Yoshi...

I mean, you're a Pokemon Trainer main yourself, right? Would you agree that Tiers aren't everything?

Yes, they exist. But they only provide the fundamental basics of said character. Who knows if they mid-bottom tier characters are even placed right? I mean, few people play them, and even fewer people place well with them.

I'm not denying that Captain Falcon isn't as good as MetaKnight, but that doesn't mean that a really good Captain Falcon will never win.

And yes, PRiDE was quite the skilled Brawler. He probably got sick of it all.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I was -mainly- talking about *some* of the SBR members.

Yes, we don't have that many good placings, but if we had more Yoshi veterans...

I don't know how PRiDE did at COT4, I don't think he placed top 5...

However, he *supposedly* did team up with M2K at a recent Tournament, and I bet he mained Yoshi.

But there are a few Yoshi mains that place high consistently. However, since there are so few of them, it doesn't really account to anything.

So, if we had more people willing to learn how to use Yoshi...

I mean, you're a Pokemon Trainer main yourself, right? Would you agree that Tiers aren't everything?

Yes, they exist. But they only provide the fundamental basics of said character. Who knows if they mid-bottom tier characters are even placed right? I mean, few people play them, and even fewer people place well with them.

I'm not denying that Captain Falcon isn't as good as a MetaKnight, but that doesn't mean that a really good Captain Falcon will never win.

And yes, PRiDE was quite the skilled Brawler. He probably got sick of it all.
PRiDE got, like, 63rd or something at CoT4. It was supposed to show that the placing wasn't very good.

I'm convinced that while tournament results are a large part of the ranking business, in formulating personal opinion on a tier placement, seeing the character in action helps...and truth be told, all the Yoshi stuff I've seen doesn't impress me a great deal. It's a lot more of "Why didn't I avoid that?" rather than "Wow, he couldn't avoid that." Perhaps I'm not playing the right people/watching the right videos, but in what I have seen, it's not particularly impressive to me.

My argument isn't one of "you can defy the tier list", but that Yoshi doesn't seem to be particularly high on it or have a ton of potential.

Yoshi's not necessarily bottom tier, but I haven't seen a whole lot to suggest that he's anything more than low tier.

bigman40

Smash Master
PRiDE got, like, 63rd or something at CoT4. It was supposed to show that the placing wasn't very good.

I'm convinced that while tournament results are a large part of the ranking business, in formulating personal opinion on a tier placement, seeing the character in action helps...and truth be told, all the Yoshi stuff I've seen doesn't impress me a great deal. It's a lot more of "Why didn't I avoid that?" rather than "Wow, he couldn't avoid that." Perhaps I'm not playing the right people/watching the right videos, but in what I have seen, it's not particularly impressive to me.

My argument isn't one of "you can defy the tier list", but that Yoshi doesn't seem to be particularly high on it or have a ton of potential.

Yoshi's not necessarily bottom tier, but I haven't seen a whole lot to suggest that he's anything more than low tier.
I didn't do enough influencing? I iz sad :(

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I didn't do enough influencing? I iz sad :(
You're an excellent Yoshi, but I didn't know the matchup when we played, and my aggressive play was a really bad idea. Plus, picking Final Destination as a counterpick was really dumb on my part. Doing well against that doesn't mean a lot for the tier list, although it does make you look quite good as a player.

You didn't do particularly well in the tournament afterwards, either.

Maybe you should come to another Waba and make me get the point this time. <3

bigman40

Smash Master
You're an excellent Yoshi, but I didn't know the matchup when we played, and my aggressive play was a really bad idea. Plus, picking Final Destination as a counterpick was really dumb on my part. Doing well against that doesn't mean a lot for the tier list, although it does make you look quite good as a player.

You didn't do particularly well in the tournament afterwards, either.

Maybe you should come to another Waba and make me get the point this time. <3
Unfortunately, You're not gonna be at this month's Waba, so I can't play you. I'll be there more during the sunner though. Count on it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Unfortunately, You're not gonna be at this month's Waba, so I can't play you. I'll be there more during the sunner though. Count on it.
Go to Final Round. A whole lot more competition. It'll be good for all of us~

.Marik

is a social misfit
I know. I just wanted to avoid it because it's making my point look bad. >>

As I said, most Yoshi mains place exceptionally well for someone who's considered "low" tier.

That people have discovered. Due to the lack of people who actually play him, let alone place. I know the Tier-List is pretty accurate, but I've seen a SBR member completely disregard mid-bottom tiers, like they aren't even important to the overall metagame of Brawl. Yoshi deserves to be Mid, in my opinion. Not higher, but not lower, either.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
will peach move back down I dont see her in touney listing to often anymore. I think she is the number 1 most under rated charater in brawl

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Sonic players have been taking things seriously lately. I can usually beat them with ease as soon as I learn the individuals spin dash patterns.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
The most underrated character is Meta Knight. He just has so much more potential and is just so much better than most people say he is. They really need to open their eyes. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom