• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Do you all think Marth is going to move up?

The marth boards are thinking of switching his metagame from a defensive playstyle to an offensive one.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Peach, Pokemon trainer, Yoshi, Zelda/sheik are the only ones I see underrated. Maybe Sonic, IDK about link.

Chris is me

Smash Apprentice
Do you all think Marth is going to move up?

The marth boards are thinking of switching his metagame from a defensive playstyle to an offensive one.
Huh? Is there a "metagame lever" I'm unaware of?

I don't really get this statement... don't people just play Marth the way that they work best with? I don't see how a group of people makes a conscious decision to "switch his metagame" and suddenly Marth works best in a different role... people should just experiment and figure out for themselves what works best, then that will become the metagame, rather than decide "okay let's all play offensively".

Barge said:
Jiggs has better matchups + higher priority than falcon does.
Does Jiggs really have higher priority? They're both pretty mad for most moves, except Jigg's F/Bair. Captain Falcon players are doing _slightly_ better than Jiggs players right now, so that's not necessarily something I'd disagree with.

SSJ5Goku8932 said:
Peach, Pokemon trainer, Yoshi, Zelda/sheik are the only ones I see underrated. Maybe Sonic, IDK about link.
Pokémon Trainer is not underrated at all. There aren't many players that can overcome the problems of fatigue, recovery, and having a nearly guaranteed bad matchup a third of the time. Peach and Yoshi haven't really made much of an impact from my very limited experience.. what exactly are they better than that's higher than them?

Link is low tier because Toon Link exists.

Sonic... well it could maybe someday jump a tier, but right now his problems and the way people predominantly play Sonic seem to be getting in the way of him winning any kind of tournament.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Does Jiggs really have higher priority? They're both pretty mad for most moves, except Jigg's F/Bair. Captain Falcon players are doing _slightly_ better than Jiggs players right now, so that's not necessarily something I'd disagree with.
Well, she has more higher priority attacks than falcon does. (Rising pound, fair/bair/nair etc). And she has more neutral/advantageous matchups than falcon, or am I wrong.

In seriousness, whats falcons best matchup?

Rawnie

Smash Champion
Well, she has more higher priority attacks than falcon does. (Rising pound, fair/bair/nair etc). And she has more neutral/advantageous matchups than falcon, or am I wrong.

A Falcon ditto? Ganon?

Chris is me

Smash Apprentice

True, Jiggs does have actual matchups with advantages... to be nitpicky Falcon's nair has more priority iirc.

I think Falcon might just be used a little more and doing negligibly better simply for the novelty value, though.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Guys, I think Falcon should be higher than Jiggs. Really. This is just not right.
Are you serious? Jiggs is more underrated that Falcon is.

Jiggs should be like the top of the low tier.

The bottom should be

Ganon
Falcon
Link

Jigglypuff is one of the better characters to play against MK and DDD actually.

Recovery: Jiggs > Falcon
Speed: Jiggs = Falcon
Kill Moves Jiggs - Rest, Dash, F air, Gimping, Rollout
Kill Moves Falcon - Knee, D air, Falcon Punch.

Jigglypuff > Falcon

Don't make me get the rest of the top NJ players in here.

Barge

Couldn't upsmash be considered a reliable kill move for jiggly as well?
Dacus makes it her best smash.

M.K

Level 55
What sort of range does it have?
Whenever I play around with her, that move seems useless due to the tiny range, even with DACUS.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
U can really only get Dacus out of a combo which Brawl dosn't have. Or you can get them off stupid opponents. Jigglypuff's u smash has small priority in the front but more in the back. Since Dacus can only go forward Jigglypuff needs to pretty much be inside of the opponent to hit with it. A simple jab can stop it and that leads up to a punishment.

I didn't list it with a kill move because your barley ever going to kill with that instead of the many other ways to kill.

Link Does Not Belong At The Bottom!
Ur right, Ivysaur does, then Link. Link has ****ty recovery, even with a good ground game his recovery is almost as bad as it was in 64.

Barge

It really isn't that bad. If you use the backwards spin attack you can get more horizontal distance out of it.
Well his recovery sucks both ways, verticle and horizontal. And his fall speed is like 9000 miles per hour, so that doesn't do him much good.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Play a good King DDD with Link. See what happens.
DDD: *insert stupid Sakurai-laugh here as he twirls a big hammer.*

Link: *makes a buncha sounds that sound like "skrah." He moves to appro---*

DDD: *grabs Link and headbutts him. He then throws him down and re-grabs. Keeps doing this across the stage. F-throw. Edgeguard. Watches Link spin as the momentum of his Up-B carries him all of...a centimeter up and towards the edge? Insert Dedede taunt again.*

I exaggerate, of course. Link could always have a bomb handy when the grab is executed. But hey, that's why there's a lack of hitstun and a couple of godly aerials to go with that Penguin Sandwich.

Smooth Criminal

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Pokémon Trainer is not underrated at all. There aren't many players that can overcome the problems of fatigue, recovery, and having a nearly guaranteed bad matchup a third of the time. Peach and Yoshi haven't really made much of an impact from my very limited experience.. what exactly are they better than that's higher than them?

Link is low tier because Toon Link exists.

Sonic... well it could maybe someday jump a tier, but right now his problems and the way people predominantly play Sonic seem to be getting in the way of him winning any kind of tournament.
There "are not" many players thing is a horrible excuse.That is the question of skill . What do you mean a bad matchup a third of the time. If you are talking about One pokemon getting ***** by someone, switch to avoid bad matchup. Which also you have things that Pt can switch safely. Some Top tiers have bad recovery, yet they can still be top tier. Peach is tourney viable, Yoshi is even with Metaknight, the character who has basically no bad match ups, though he can do alot more.

By that logic, Fox is trash because of Falco.

The reason he may not rise is because he relies on Fakeouts and mindgames.

Rawnie

Smash Champion
There "are not" many players thing is a horrible excuse.That is the question of skill . What do you mean a bad matchup a third of the time. If you are talking about One pokemon getting ***** by someone, switch to avoid bad matchup. Which also you have things that Pt can switch safely. Some Top tiers have bad recovery, yet they can still be top tier. Peach is tourney viable, Yoshi is even with Metaknight, the character who has basically no bad match ups, though he can do alot more.

By that logic, Fox is trash because of Falco.

The reason he may not rise is because he relies on Fakeouts and mindgames.
Didn't we prove that Yoshi and MK weren't even? He's one of his worst match-ups, but defenitely not even.

His worst match-up is considered Snake correct?

And there are characters that **** all three of PT's Pokemon. What should you do now?

Peach isn't really considered viable. She has a few bad match-ups. She definitely can't win a major tourney as a solo character.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Didn't we prove that Yoshi and MK weren't even? He's one of his worst match-ups, but defenitely not even.

His worst match-up is considered Snake correct?

And there are characters that **** all three of PT's Pokemon. What should you do now?

Peach isn't really considered viable. She has a few bad match-ups. She definitely can't win a major tourney as a solo character.
Well, it proves that he is good, last time I checked they said they were even.

***** is too strong of a word there, disadvantgeous as because that they usually have 55:45 matchups 60-40.That means that clearly that almost no character cna directly counter him, yet have an advatage.

Thats why we have Secondaries.

D

Deleted member

I would put meta knight as one of yoshis bottom 5 worst matchups, personally. Meta knight has developed to a point where yoshi cant deal with him well at all.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I feel like instigating drama, although the following is my honest belief.

I believe Sonic vs MK is 55:45 (MK:Sonic), possibly but unlikely aproachng 50:50 in actual play. Others agree.

Discuss.

Rawnie

Smash Champion
I feel like instigating drama, although the following is my honest belief.

I believe Sonic vs MK is 55:45 (MK:Sonic), possibly but unlikely aproachng 50:50 in actual play. Others agree.

Discuss.
How so?

MK has better range and the priority Sonic so despretely needs.

Lol. Someone beat me.

I'm thinkg 60-40 or 65-35 MK

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Range and priority don't make a match up.

I actually know what you're talking about Napi >_>

But I still think it's 40:60 Metaknight at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom