• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Marth has high air speed.
He also has good mobility.
Those two things are something characters like Metaknight do not have. This aids him in his ability to approach.
Shine is not going t keep marth away.
You fire a shine and marth blocks it or dodges it, and he gets into your safe zone and starts dicng you up.
lasers are the only thing falco has, and considering the fact that he cant kill Marth without sticking himself in range of marths sword first, that should be a red flag, especially when falco has predictable kill moves.
No, not into the safe zone! IT'S NOT SAFE!!

Falco's laser sets up for his kill moves. Marth loves the air..If he's within range, a laser into an up smash is an effective kill option.

About=/=same
Falco's fsmash has less range.
Especially when you factor into account that Falco needs to hit with his wings to KO.
Aything else is a sour spot
Even if Marth's smash has a bit more range, the difference is too small to notice. Another thing that Falco can do is QDA to catch marth at any range marth can hit at.

No it is not.
Do explain as to why you are trying to say Falco's Ftilt is anywhere near the range of Marth's Fsmash?
It simply is not.
Falco cannot get upclose without being in range of marth.
let alone that marth has a 1 frame dragon punch.
The dolphin slash is a risky move, let's be honest. It is a very nice move, but if the Falco is immediately taking the evasive route, it may miss and that will be trouble. You said "Once marth gets up close" and I was pointing out that in close range combat, Falco is actually very good, but Marth wouldn't get close enough for that to matter, would he?

Wait what?
Did you just say if marth stays out of Falco's range Flaco can camp him?
OKay dude, go and play the game and the compare the range of their attacks.
Marth cnan perform his attacks while Falco has to struggle to get in close to attack.
marth can swing all day and smack Falco, but Falco has to get in even closer in order for him to land ana ttack on marth.

Falco's Ftilt cannot reach marth, while marth's ftilt can reach Falco.
Where are you getting that Falco will ever have to approach Marth? Also, Falco's lasers set up nicely for his close range abilities any time Marth gets in the air.

How is it overrated?
How do you overrate range?
Its obvious that marth outranges Falco (whereas you are trying to say he doesn't).
This is not even an argument. Play the game, look at the pictures.
Marth>Falco in terms of range.
While technically that is true, you have to look at the comfortable ranges of each character. For instance, DK outranges Link, but Link stays at a further range to use his projectiles that he can follow up with his ground attacks. Marth's range is overrated because I'm constantly told that it's the best in the game, when it is clearly not even close. Falco likes to stay at a further range so that he can laser to keep you busy and then, once he hits you, charge you. If he stays at the proper range(that being just outside of Marth's) with this tactic he will effectively catch you.

Aything that Falco tries to perform becomes unsafe due to that range.
Thats why he has an advantage, how do you hit someone who is zoning you without the risk of beig smacked away?
Simple, SHDL. There is very little risk in that.

Its rather tough to explain.
Marth has good mobility and his good air speed to aid him.
No Falco user is going to use a grounded laser.
The problem though is that he cannot move while using his laser. He is stationary while he is firing in the air.
So if marth jumps and uses a rising air dodge, he would bypass both lasers and continue to approach Falco and be capable of moving back in case Falco fires off a shine.
Falco's double laser has a lagless landing, he has plenty of time to respond to your movements.

Falco cannot simply illusion away from Marth.
Why? Again because Marth is so agile. If falco illusions and Marth isnt hit, Marth can close that distance very quickly at which point, Falco cannot simply illusion again because Marth is too close for him to illusion safely.
Well, obviously he won't spam it. But it does create a good bit of distance and Falco regains control fast enough to take further evasive action if it doesn't hit, while if it does he can set up camp once again.

I believe I had and you simply did not read it and the fact that you are comparing Falco's Ftilt in terms of range to Marth's Fsmash is laughable.
Too bad its very slow and if it misses or is shielded Falco is going to get his *** kicked.
Then what was your answer? MK, Snake, Diddy, D3, Falco, Wario..who would you take out to put Marth in this group of 6? Ban the infinite, and you can add DK there.

ts like firing a grounded laser. Even if you hit it doesnt smack the opponent very far if at all.

No it doesn't, you'll eat a Dtilt for trying to Ftilt Marth, let alone it is outranged. You'll be Ftilting air while he can smack you around.

marth=/= kirby/Metaknight
He has good speed and mobility .
I didn't deny Marth's agility, it is nice, but lasers still mess with his aerial approach. rising airdodge can be punished. Also, Falco doesn't like the F tilt because it's not his style. You are discussing the lag and weakness of the move, when I merely mentioned its range as an example of how people exaggerate Marth's range. I never said anything about the effectiveness of the move. You seem to think that it is easy to perfectly space Falco, but it isn't.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Sheik = Thunder thighs tier

1) Low short into EX legs
2) Low shorts into EX legs
3) Low shorts into EX legs
4) and combo that into ultra

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Bowser is slow? How? He runs at average/above average speed and he has good mobility with the infinite jump. His attacks come out quickly as well. His only "slowness" is ending lag on his attacks, which has nothing to do with speed.

As for being gimped..Well, just no. Unless you're facing Mario or MK you probably won't be gimped as Bowser. You're not being sent very far under any circumstance and your up B has invincibility frames and beats most attacks.

How about Bowser's good points?

1. Only really bad matchup is D3. Others are even or close to even.
2. 55-45 vs MK is more than many characters can even dream of.
3. Insane weight.
4. Great kill power.
5. Destroys characters with no camping ability due to his defensive abilities.
6. Has an air grab, meaning his aerial approach is impossible to shieldgrab.
7. Great range. SHAD spacing is very effective using jabs and F tilt. Fair has underestimated range as well.
8. Almost all of his aerials kill. Uair kills insanely well.
9. Inescapable chaingrab on everyone except DK.(the ground releases)
10. Great at racking up damage. Side B is a lightning fast long-range grab that deals 18% damage. All throws do 10+ damage.
11. Great suicide move.
12. Can CG people to the ends of stages with the air release(MK, Diddy, Falco to name a few high tiers)
13. Grabs can lead to kills because he can grab release into his kill moves(D tilt, F tilt).
14. One of the best OOS moves in the game(The fortress)
15. Biggest, most durable shield in the game.
16. Very unique projectile that racks up loads of damage and can edge guard very effectively.
17. You know how you can grab Snake out of his cypher and let him jump out to gimp him? Bowser can do that in mid-air, offstage.
18. VERY fast dashgrab. Due to his grab options, this is very helpful.
19. Can plank effectively(if you're a ****)
20. Infinite jump, never has to land.
21. Fastest ledge attack in the game.
22. On stages like Norfair(Bowser's best stage) and Brinstar(another good one), Bowser can klaw you and send you through the lava to your death as he gets hit by it and survives.

So basically, Bowser's spacing is great, his weight is the best, his kill power is one of the best, his damage racking ability is great, his grab game is easily one of the best, and his defensive game is one of the best.

bigman40

Smash Master
Uh, I don't give a rats *** about Bowser. I said Yoshi will be bottom tier and that's it. I don't feel like talking about any other character that isn't important to me. Bowser BARELY gets representation anyways (pretty much worse than Yoshi's rep). So he isn't important.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Bowser doesn't get any representation because of arrogant ***** like you, bigman. People who assume Bowser is slow and go out, stating it, although they never have any idea of Bowser, like AT ALL.

Do you call Snake slow? If yes, then fine, call Bowser slow. If you call Snake not slow, though, you have to call Bowser not slow either, because his mobility is BETTER than Snake, and his attacks have comparably high speed as Snake's.

Have you ever played a competent Bowser? I assume not, because if you did, you wouldn't call him Bottom Tier.

@Darknid:
You forgot invincibility frames on the Fortress, making it an incredible tool to approach or defend, as well.

bigman40

Smash Master
I never went out stating to other people that he was slow. If I don't like playing him, then I won't play him, but I do enjoy playing him for fun. You're making assumptions of my posts, claiming that I don't do any homework on my stuff.

I say slow because of the momentum they need to get moving. I've been learning Snake and I hate how his momentum works (I enjoy faster characters anyway), but when he gets moving, he's insane, and Bowser would be insane too when he gets momentum.

I'm sorry I can't play an amazing Bowser cause there isn't an amount out there where I have to use more than one hand to count them all. I have a decent bowser here though, but he's not anything that changes my thoughts on him.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Uh, I don't give a rats *** about Bowser. I said Yoshi will be bottom tier and that's it. I don't feel like talking about any other character that isn't important to me. Bowser BARELY gets representation anyways (pretty much worse than Yoshi's rep). So he isn't important.
Well kid, you don't know what you're talking about.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha even though bigman does not support bowser, i give him sexuality points for sigging me. so i'll forgive him even if he fights and argues, plus raichu is cute

And have you guys seen Armada's new sheik videos in that grand finals against MK Snake and ROB?

Sheik is tooooo good.

(in other words... Armada's really good at reading and showing sheik's potential as a low tier to **** some face haha. would sheik go up? Dunno. She's good though if u can read well and be aggressive :))

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
No, not into the safe zone! IT'S NOT SAFE!!

Falco's laser sets up for his kill moves. Marth loves the air..If he's within range, a laser into an up smash is an effective kill option.
I am going to ahve to crush you here with caps.
FALCO'S LASERS DO OT SET UP FOR ANY OF HIS KILL MOVES. THE HITSTUN OF THE LSER IS PISS POOR AND THE REQUIRED RANGE WOULD PALCE HIM WITHIN MARTHS ATTACK RANGE ALREADY!

A laser to Usmash is not possible not only because of bad hitstun but also because of the fact that marth has the mobilit required to ensure it doesnt happen, and that Falco would eat a Fair.

Even if Marth's smash has a bit more range, the difference is too small to notice. Another thing that Falco can do is QDA to catch marth at any range marth can hit at.
1. The range DOES matter because it means anything except Fsmash will not reach marth. let aone that the range on Falco's fsmash is negligible because the actual killing part of the Fsmash is much shorter than its range.

2. No. Again you are underestimating marths range. The dash attack itself is not extremely quick in terms of its movement. Cosidering how safe Marths attacks are, you are trying to use a move that already requires you to be within his attack range to hit him. Just like everything else falco has.

The dolphin slash is a risky move, let's be honest.
Stop lying its far frmo a risky move. its a dragon puch. hat mans if you are within range of a dolphin attacka dn you hit marth and he is out of hitstun for even 1 frame, its gonna smack you in the face.

It is a very nice move, but if the Falco is immediately taking the evasive route, it may miss and that will be trouble.
OOS Dolphin slash is unavoirable .
Dont ignore the context of which the move is used.

It is used when Falco is up close attacking Marth. Falco cant magically move away quick enough.

You said "Once marth gets up close" and I was pointing out that in close range combat, Falco is actually very good, but Marth wouldn't get close enough for that to matter, would he?
Except for the fact that falco NEEDS to be upclose to do actual damage. Why?
Well let us see. We are on FD and Falco starts camping with SDL lasers, marth starts approaching. remember marhs good speed and mobility. So he gets close in a short amount of time.

Falco then illusions to the other side, which misses, and marth moves back while in mid air to close the distance.
It isnt as if Falco is facing a kirby or a metaknight who have poor aerial speed and mobilit and so, cannot evade the lasers so easily.
marth however has those benefits so getting close is much easier for him plus hi range means he doesnt need to be as close as they would require either.

let alone Falco needs to get close to kill marth.

Where are you getting that Falco will ever have to approach Marth? Also, Falco's lasers set up nicely for his close range abilities any time Marth gets in the air.
No they don't, stop kidding around.
lasers dont setup for crap unless Falco is dumb close to the opponent.

Falco must approach if he ever wants to kill Marth, let alone marth can stay on the ledge for a bit.
Let alone again marth is quick and mobile.

While technically that is true, you have to look at the comfortable ranges of each character. For instance, DK outranges Link, but Link stays at a further range to use his projectiles that he can follow up with his ground attacks.
Links projectles are destroyable for one, so DK can hit them as he aproaches.
Zair he cant avoid which has MASSIVE range.
Link can spam all he wants but he is still goign to get approached by DK.
Once up close DK destroys Link and Link cant push DK away either.
he cant dolphin slash or fortress.

Marth's range is overrated because I'm constantly told that it's the best in the game,
Its not, its the fact that when you pair the range with his speed, that it is sooo good.
Look at Ike.

when it is clearly not even close.
We don't care what you have been told, we care about what is.

Falco likes to stay at a further range so that he can laser to keep you busy and then, once he hits you, charge you.
With kill moves that cannot be set up and also require you to be within the opponents attack range. Cant forgetabout that, and mind you, the opponent has a friggin Dragon punch.

If he stays at the proper range(that being just outside of Marth's) with this tactic he will effectively catch you.
Marth can move, marth's attacks are very very quick.
They are just as fast as Falco's and have better range.
Get *****.

Simple, SHDL. There is very little risk in that.[/uote]
You cant move n the air wihle SDLing and the opponent can continue movement during their airdodge.

So yeah. You are jumping up and down firing lasers but you cant move while firing the lasers. Which is something you could do at melee actually.

Falco's double laser has a lagless landing, he has plenty of time to respond to your movements.[/uote] its a pity of time that by the time he lands I have landed as well.
Oh and the fact he hasn't moved from his spot at all as he performed his SDL while i moved during my jump.

Well, obviously he won't spam it. But it does create a good bit of distance and Falco regains control fast enough to take further evasive action if it doesn't hit, while if it does he can set up camp once again.
Marth can simply move backwards. Thats how good his mobility is. Falco can take evasive action like?
If marth gets in range and Dtilts, you cant do anything except roll AWAY.
If you roll towards him you get smacked.
You roll away he continues pressing forward. You take for the air so does he and he moves faster than you in the air with mobility and range.

Falco must stay away at far range for an extended period of time, something that marth doesn't allow to occur for very long.

Then what was your answer? MK, Snake, Diddy, D3, Falco, Wario..who would you take out to put Marth in this group of 6? Ban the infinite, and you can add DK there.[/uote]
DK is nowhere near top 6. Don't make me friggin laugh. let alone we dont base things on character to character basis.
We go based on overall matchups and how well the character sis doing in the current metagame (since we use a weighted tier list).

Let us be realistic, MK and Snake arent going anywhere.

DDD may fall due to his bad matcups with some characters same with Wario(though warios are scattered not based in high and t0 like marth.)

Let alone when did we just to tierlist rather than matchup?

I didn't deny Marth's agility, it is nice, but lasers still mess with his aerial approach.
not really.
Lasers mess with aerial approaches significantly when the character has a poor aerial approach as in lacking speed and mobility. Marth has the ability to get close and stay close.
Since as soon as he gets close Falco cannot do anything without becoming extremely unsafe.

rising airdodge can be punished.
How?
saying ti can be punished means little if you do not say how.

Also, Falco doesn't like the F tilt because it's not his style. You are discussing the lag and weakness of the move, when I merely mentioned its range as an example of how people exaggerate Marth's range.[/quoet]
1.If Falco doesn't use Ftilt then, WHY THE **** ARE YOU EVEN MENTIONING IT IN THE MATCHUP!?

2.NO ONE CARES ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY ABOUT MARTHS RANGE! WE GO BY COLD HARD FACT.

3. Marth's range >Falco's range.

I never said anything about the effectiveness of the move. You seem to think that it is easy to perfectly space Falco, but it isn't.
Except that marth's capabilities is what makes spacing Falco easier than it would be for other characters.

D

Deleted member

Hey guess what, just because you can write a big list of bowsers good points doesnt make them true.

Bowser is bottom tier, get over it.
Yoshi is awful as well, not quite as bad.
Darknid doesnt know ****.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
shadowlink has the weirdest posts, why do u make so many walls of quotes because no one is gonna read them... just saying...

just keep it short and sweet... this quote is from my sig:
"A forum post is like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting."

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Bowser can really get destroyed easily by Sheik, who is an amazing character.

Why don't we talk about her instead?

She's thunder thighs tier.

choknater combos are too good!

soft nair ftilt dsmash -> edge guard with RAR bairs or chain hog ledge drop bairs

RAR b-reverse needle cancel fair = best approach in the game
LOL

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
lol all I'm seeing here are Yoshi mains whining about how their main is considered being worse than Bowser and who obviously have no idea about him.

It's like if you go in here, take a random character and say "But every good point of X isn't true regardless what you say Yoshi is better than everyone else, so stfu"

Edit:
@choknater:
Bowser's Matchup with Sheik is even.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
shadowlink has the weirdest posts, why do u make so many walls of quotes because no one is gonna read them... just saying...
its a habit.

just keep it short and sweet... this quote is from my sig:
"A forum post is like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting."

Are you on my msn friends list? O_o

btw how many posts do you have now?

bigman40

Smash Master
lol all I'm seeing here are Yoshi mains whining about how their main is considered being worse than Bowser and who obviously have no idea about him.

It's like if you go in here, take a random character and say "But every good point of X isn't true regardless what you say Yoshi is better than everyone else, so stfu"

Edit:
@choknater:
Lol. I'm whining, yet I said that Yoshi is bottom tier. Good deduction man. I told you before, I don't care for Bowser. Actually, why don't you tell me what he has going for him? Cause I don't see anything.

D

Deleted member

?
Yoshi is awful, hes bottom tier.
Bowser is around the same level of fail.
I dont main yoshi anymore by the way, i can accept a characters fail, not sure why you cant.
Thats ok, bowser is bad no matter how many times u argue otherwise.

Btw bowser loses 95-5 to shiek sorry

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
1. I'm not a kid

2. Are you sure YOU know what you're talking about?

3. Why don't you tell me why you think Yoshi should be higher than bottom tier?
Well first off, Yoshi's recovery is easily one of the best in the game. Most of the time, Egg throw is enough to get him back(keep in mind, Yoshi is a heavy char), but his double jump combined with an air dodge is extremely hard to gimp.

Second, Yoshi can camp very well and air camp. He has great aerial handling and the 2nd fastest air speed in the game.

Third, he has great combo abilities, and a CG on multiple chars(Infinite on Wario, CGs Diddy, MK and Falco. CG on MK and Diddy leads to guaranteed spike)

Fourth, he's got a good projectile.

Fifth, he can wavedash.

Sixth, his grab game is superb. Pivot grabs can destroy most approaches and won't let certain characters land.

Seventh, he gimps horizontal recoveries and most regular recoveries with dair to footstool(kinda like Kirby's).

Basically, Yoshi is a very fast combo character with good weight, a good projectile and an amazing grab game. He's also got a great recovery. He's one of those characters that a noob would consider horrible(kinda like Bowser), but a pro wouldn't underestimate. It's hard to space his grabs and projectile and he can close a gap very quickly. He runs fast and moves fast in the air, meaning he can get to his destination very quickly. His dashgrab is a great punisher too.

He can also get very high very quickly, meaning he can mess with Snake's really high recovery and can uair people off the top for low % kills.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I don't know enough about Yoshi to argue about him, sorry.

I know enough about Bowser to know that he definitely is not bottom tier, though, and definitely not fail, either. The only things that really destroy him are De3 and ICs with their infinites.

Btw bowser loses 95-5 to shiek sorry
Here's not the Melee boards, troll.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
btw how many posts do you have now?
it doesn't matter, they go backwards (probably approaching 13,000)

Edit:
@choknater:
Hell no it ain't!! I cannot imagine ANYTHING that would make this true. Sheik can probably bair camp + needle his *** all day son, no escape. Heck, even the chain (which the sheik boards love but i never use) would be viable against bowser. He is combo and edge guard fodder cuz of his big body. Sure he can up B out of shield but what kind of idiot is gonna attack his shield with sheik? He doesn't have the range of say, DK, nor the speed, and his priority is good but sheik can basically zone him all day.

I'm biased :) so u dont have to argue, unless u want to

D

Deleted member

You people are getting trolled by the Yoshi's.

Stop it.
Trolled? What could u possibly be talking about :o
We are just stating facts, bowser sucks, yoshi sucks, they are both bottom 5, darknid makes up ****, the end.

bigman40

Smash Master
I don't know enough about Yoshi to argue about him, sorry.

I know enough about Bowser to know that he definitely is not bottom tier, though, and definitely not fail, either. The only things that really destroy him are De3 and ICs with their infinites.

Here's not the Melee boards, troll.
Then you have nothing to argue with me.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Well first off, Yoshi's recovery is easily one of the best in the game.
metaknight, Pit, Sonic, Wario etc etc would like to speak with you.

Most of the time, Egg throw is enough to get him back(keep in mind, Yoshi is a heavy char),
he is medium heavy. Almost heavy but not quite. Ad being heavy means he will be set lower not higher.
Egg throw doesnt have much distance to it

Second, Yoshi can camp very well
<_<

Third, he has great combo abilities,
>_>
>_<
Fifth, he can wavedash.
?_?

Sixth, his grab game is superb. Pivot grabs can destroy most approaches and won't let certain characters land.
@_@
Seventh, he gimps horizontal recoveries and most regular recoveries with dair to footstool(kinda like Kirby's).
T_T
other stuff
X_X

This has gone on long enough.

bigman40

Smash Master
Well first off, Yoshi's recovery is easily one of the best in the game. Most of the time, Egg throw is enough to get him back(keep in mind, Yoshi is a heavy char), but his double jump combined with an air dodge is extremely hard to gimp.

Second, Yoshi can camp very well and air camp. He has great aerial handling and the 2nd fastest air speed in the game. Air camp? Are you making it as a relation to what Wario does? If so, I don't think he's anywhere close to it.

Third, he has great combo abilities, and a CG on multiple chars(Infinite on Wario, CGs Diddy, MK and Falco. CG on MK and Diddy leads to guaranteed spike) Combos for Yoshi are very few. The CG > Spike is very hard to land on the CG-able opponents except for a few of them.

Fifth, he can wavedash. Okay.....So? How would this make him more useful?

Seventh, he gimps horizontal recoveries and most regular recoveries with dair to footstool(kinda like Kirby's). Difference about this is that the opponents can DI up on each hit so that they'll appear on top of Yoshi. This would set him in a spot to get footstooled himself. Plus, Kirby's is much more safer.

Basically, Yoshi is a very fast combo character with good weight, a good projectile and an amazing grab game. He's also got a great recovery. He's one of those characters that a noob would consider horrible(kinda like Bowser), but a pro wouldn't underestimate. It's hard to space his grabs and projectile and he can close a gap very quickly. He runs fast and moves fast in the air, meaning he can get to his destination very quickly. His dashgrab is a great punisher too.

He can also get very high very quickly, meaning he can mess with Snake's really high recovery and can uair people off the top for low % kills.
Comments in bold. The rest I agree to an extent.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL wow ShadowLink that was amzing.

anyway... i see a trend in this thread...

we all just.... like to talk about our own characters...

whether its bowser....

or yoshi...

or sonic....

or sheik....

LMAO WE ARE ALL LOW TIERS WITH POTENTIAL

too good.

LOW TIERS WITH POTENTIAL RAISE UR FISTS UP!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Hell no it ain't!! I cannot imagine ANYTHING that would make this true. Sheik can probably bair camp + needle his *** all day son, no escape. Heck, even the chain (which the sheik boards love but i never use) would be viable against bowser. He is combo and edge guard fodder cuz of his big body. Sure he can up B out of shield but what kind of idiot is gonna attack his shield with sheik? He doesn't have the range of say, DK, nor the speed, and his priority is good but sheik can basically zone him all day.

I'm biased :) so u dont have to argue, unless u want to
Actually we just were finished talking about the Sheik MU a few days ago, so my knowledge about it is still fresh.

First of all, Bowser outranges Sheik's moves in pretty much every regard except the chain and the needles. If Sheik approaches, she's going to suffer. Bowser has his Grab Release, as well, which works well on Sheik. She is a lightweight, too, meaning Bowser can kill her easily, while she has insanely hard time killing Bowser because of his heavy weight and her lack of kill moves. Granted, Sheik has speed and can punish Bowser easily if he messes up, but Bowser can punish Sheik just as good. Due to invincibility frames on Fortress, he also has tons of defensive options, as well. Now, don't get me wrong, once Sheik catches Bowser in a combo, he is going to catch a lot of damage. But that's something Bowser doesn't mind due to his weight. Sheik is dead far sooner than Bowser.

Really, it's even. ^_^

Oh, and... *raises fist and shakes, although being Mid Tier* XD

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Cod sarnit! Link's on bottom tier? Oh well at least he's the better than C. Falcon and Jigglypuff.
haha "cod sarnit" nice
Actually we just were finished talking about the Sheik MU a few days ago, so my knowledge about it is still fresh.

First of all, Bowser outranges Sheik's moves in pretty much every regard except the chain and the needles. If Sheik approaches, she's going to suffer. Bowser has his Grab Release, as well, which works well on Sheik. She is a lightweight, too, meaning Bowser can kill her easily, while she has insanely hard time killing Bowser because of his heavy weight and her lack of kill moves. Granted, Sheik has speed and can punish Bowser easily if he messes up, but Bowser can punish Sheik just as good. Due to invincibility frames on Fortress, he also has tons of defensive options, as well. Now, don't get me wrong, once Sheik catches Bowser in a combo, he is going to catch a lot of damage. But that's something Bowser doesn't mind due to his weight. Sheik is dead far sooner than Bowser.

Really, it's even. ^_^

Oh, and... *raises fist and shakes, although being Mid Tier* XD
Haha, but in what situation would sheik even take any damage? flame breath? running into an ftilt?

i can see sheik... getting grabbed... being hit by some full hop fairs... maybe running into some tilts... but other than that what the heck is bowser gonna do, esp. when she's that fast? lol. i dunno when i conceptualize this matchup, my sheik bias makes it look like 100:0 when i visualize the match in my head. if bowser bias makes the match even.... then ;)

anyway, killing bowser sounds like no problem. if we get him off the stage we can just continue using chain hog bairs until they decay, and then when he is force to recover high, we can just dash attack or aerial wherever he lands, or even dacus....

or just transform to ZELDA

so

even if the matchup with sheik IS even because of sheik's lack of killing...

we can just transform lol

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Haha, but in what situation would sheik even take any damage? flame breath? running into an ftilt?

i can see sheik... getting grabbed... being hit by some full hop fairs... maybe running into some tilts... but other than that what the heck is bowser gonna do, esp. when she's that fast? lol. i dunno when i conceptualize this matchup, my sheik bias makes it look like 100:0 when i visualize the match in my head. if bowser bias makes the match even.... then ;)

anyway, killing bowser sounds like no problem. if we get him off the stage we can just continue using chain hog bairs until they decay, and then when he is force to recover high, we can just dash attack or aerial wherever he lands, or even dacus....

or just transform to ZELDA

so

even if the matchup with sheik IS even because of sheik's lack of killing...

we can just transform lol
Really, there is no need to play Sheik against Bowser because Zelda is a better choice anyway on him and can lock down several more of Bowser's options. She has better abilities of killing him off, racking damage on him and she also has no trouble getting out of the chaingrab.

Gimping Bowser is not as easy as it sounds - Fortress has invincibility frames and generally insanely high priority. He's definitely not as easy to gimp as the spacies. =P

Also, don't underestimate Bowser's speed. It's not like you run in, can do a hit and run away again. FAir, FTilt, Jab, Grab and Klaw are insanely quick. Since sheik is a lot in the air, she also could have to eat an UTilt - one of Bowser's best moves overall.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
To preface this I don't really think Bowser is that bad but for the sake of introspection.

1. Alot of bad characters don't have a ton of bad matchups; it is just significantly harder to play well with them at higher levels requiring you to work harder while often having fewer options. Which is why characters like Yoshi are garbage tier and Bowser mid.
2. One matchup shouldn't be a standard to determine a character model's tier placement. I mean seriously?
3. And recovery to compliment it as well?
4. Yet they are mostly difficult to land short of the one you will exhuast through normal use.
5. Yet he has no camping skills himself so if the enemy gets the advantage his defensive abilities are useless.
6. This allows him to mix up his game but not destroy all shield grabs. I've even grabbed decent Bowsers as Yoshi so...
7. His range is average at best.
8. His Uair is too good.
9. See 8.
10. Moves that do alot of damage don't combo well unless used against someone like... Bowser.
11. Regicide is better.
12. Yoshi has this and while nice, isnt game breaking.
13. Yoshi has this too and still manages to be garbage tier.
14. See 8.
15. Yoshi's shield is actually the best outlasting Bowser's and cannot be poked, which is complimented by a spot dodge... but you can't jump so instant fail.
16. The usefulness of theis move is debatable.
17. Someone can gimp Snake!? NO!
18. The only time this would matter is when punishing unless your opponent is ********...
19. Congratz.
20. Anyone can do this... in fact Yoshi does this better but it isn't really useful...
21. Woot Woot.
22. See 21.

So Bowser is decent with some unique but gets ***** by too many people (Even Yoshi) so nuff said

QFT
1. True.
2. It's probably going to be a good chunk of the games any character plays, so it's important.
3. With enough weight, you don't need that much of a recovery. His isn't so easy to gimp. Look at the rate of success of DK's recovery. Slap that recovery on a character like Falco and see how good it would be.
4. Difficult to land? D smash, Fortress, Side B, Jab, F tilt, D tilt, U tilt, U smash, Fair and Bair are all pretty easy to land kill moves. F smash can actually punish a great deal of things, as can grounded down B and Uair. Bowser's kill power is great, don't be fooled.
5. This is simply incorrect. Bowser is a campy character, but he can't camp the campiest characters. Bowser can camp very well against characters like DK, Marth, Kirby, MK etc.
6. I've grabbed jigglypuffs. Doesn't matter. Canceled klaw approach isn't shieldgrabbable and it is very useful.
7. Average at best? His range is some of the best in the game. Where are you getting that? Look at his jabs, F tilt and D dtilt. Beats Marth's range, beats Ike's ground range, beats a lot of characters who you would consider to have good range. So few outrange him on the ground that it's ridiculous and even if they do, they're either DK, D3 or it's barely noticeable.
8. Agreed.
9. So your response to that is that his uair is too good? Well, interesting thesis I'd love to hear more.
10. Bowser doesn't combo well in general. Neither does Snake, but Snake racks up damage like a mother****er. you don't have to combo to rack up damage.
11. There are none better.
12. It doesn't have to be game breaking, it's just a pro. Something Bowser has that makes him a good character. I wasn't saying it makes him a god, it's just nice.
13. This isn't about Yoshi, and Yoshi's kill moves aren't really on par with Bowser's. Again, I mentioned this because you say Bowser's kill moves are difficult to land, but this allows you to. Chances are, D tilt will be perfectly fresh until you kill with it.
14. You really love that uair, don't you?
15. Well, okay.
16. Everything is debatable. I find it to be a great move when your opponent is recovering and can't avoid it. It's also nice against Snakes.
17. Not many can mess with Snake's extremely high recovery, but this can give you a chance if you act quickly. Plus if they try to get it back with C4 they will fastfall and go too low.
18. PS to dashgrab can punish a lot of attacks while your opponent thinks he's safe, and with Bowser's grab game, that could be a very hefty punishment for a simple mistake.
19. thankz dood
20. lol how can anyone do this
21. yea
22. yea

Thing is, I wasn't arguing that Bowser is gawd tier, but I was giving some points about how he's not low tier. I think he belongs where he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom