• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
You forgot the part where if a character gets popular and then everyone learns how to beat him and he turns out to be not so good, then he goes back down. Tier list movement is not linear.
This is very true... and that is one of the reasons why I am afraid of Sheik going up......

If she goes up:
We get more Sheik mains that test, discover, place and that you can steal stuff from (playstyle).

People will learn her, get out of her combo's and destroy her in tournies. :(

If she stay down:
People will over look her.

I would rather her be one of those characters that are good and watch from the shadows. Kinda like an overlooked threat......

I feel like I kill it either way I go. We need balance......

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
agre with this, but I do believe the SBR should allow some transparency since it seems harsh for SBR members not to say ANYTHING at all.
I wouldn't mind knowing some of their thoughts and I do think it would benefit the community somewhat.

Of course you have idiots who will speak stupidly but they are of no importance.
You can find out SBR members thoughts by paying attention to their posts outside of the SBR. I'm one of the people in charge of the SBR, and I post more outside of it then inside. Plenty of SBR members contribute to the character boards, regional zones, etc. It's not like we only post in the SBR.

sasook

Smash Champion
No. It's 55:45 in our favor and that's being nice. I don't think many (good) ICs think it's in Link's favor. Blah, I need to update that OP ASAP.
Even better. IC are not an easy matchup for Link, the Links who say it's even haven't played good ones, the IC who say it's even need to learn to do something else than infinite. That's really all there is to it, once you get past that, it's in IC favor.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Soren's the best unit in the game. Period. Ever. Even in the ones he's not in. If he was in Brawl I'd main him because he would be in beats Metaknights *** tier.

Oh and lay off the BRoom abit. I've always wanted them to allow read only by members who've proven themselves(lighter stipulations than getting IN) and then maybe you can get the right to join. PROBABLY not gonna happen though.

Edit: Whoops. Forgot to elaborate. lol

The BRoom doesn't keep us out because they're elitist. The fact is that if scrubs could see what they were talking about there would be a lot of incessant arguing by the scrubs in other forums. Granted it could be moderated but what would be the point? We don't really need such Draconian moderating that nothing ever gets accomplished. How ****ing jaded would you be if you had to ban several members a day? People have trouble keeping their mouths shut. >.>

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
You can find out SBR members thoughts by paying attention to their posts outside of the SBR. I'm one of the people in charge of the SBR, and I post more outside of it then inside. Plenty of SBR members contribute to the character boards, regional zones, etc. It's not like we only post in the SBR.
True enough.
I do admit though I am curious about the discussion in the SBR.

Browny

Smash Hater
:(
Well this is a perfect example of what happens when a low character is given a lot of attention.... he gets higher on the tier list.
Eventually all of the Sonic mains will advance him enough that he will be high tier and people will start using him a lot in tournies cuz of his tier placement.

I guess you could call it a mixture of tourney placement and fanboy attention.

All and all.. good job Sonic mains. You have proven what I am trying to accomplish.
No...

The only people giving attention to Sonic are Sonic mains. It was through our actions entirely which lead to him being voted as high as he is. His fanboy attention of his mains is no different that the fanboy attention of characters like MK, Snake, diddy etc who just the same will have lots of people playing them because of their history in video games. Sonic's fanboy effect in brawl when it comes to tiers is worthless, it merely creates more people playing him which DOES NOT = tier boost. Sonic will never be high tier, and the only people who will start using him now because of something like a tier placement are extremely likely to quit shortly after once realising it takes a very long time to get good enough with him to place in a tournament

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero

Smash Journeyman
I made a list of all the members a really long time ago. I still add to it actually. So far ive counted like 122 SBR-B members. I should start reading the old SBR to see if I missed anybody.

Chaco

Never Logs In
That sounds about right...although the first time Bwett did a Draconic Reverse when I played him in Baton Rouge, I screamed like a little girl and ran to the other side of the stage for a couple seconds. It's intimidating to face something you don't understand.
Bwett....did a DR? o.o

Wow. Hmm. Interesting. He never uses DR.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I find that interesting because iirc he talked about how he didn't like it.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
No...

The only people giving attention to Sonic are Sonic mains. It was through our actions entirely which lead to him being voted as high as he is. His fanboy attention of his mains is no different that the fanboy attention of characters like MK, Snake, diddy etc who just the same will have lots of people playing them because of their history in video games. Sonic's fanboy effect in brawl when it comes to tiers is worthless, it merely creates more people playing him which DOES NOT = tier boost. Sonic will never be high tier, and the only people who will start using him now because of something like a tier placement are extremely likely to quit shortly after once realising it takes a very long time to get good enough with him to place in a tournament
Why do people main lol tier characters?
A: they like thier moveset, or they like the character itself.

If there is a lot of people who main a character because they like who they are then some of them are bound to go pro.

Thus, fanboys do indeed effect tiers.
I personally like Sonics moveset..... but I like who Sheik is more than I like who Sonic is. So I main Sheik.

If I am wrong then why was there a lot of people wanting to main Sonic before SSBB was released? You can't tell me that they all fell in love with the moveset that they only had a very vague idea of.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I made a list of all the members a really long time ago. I still add to it actually. So far ive counted like 122 SBR-B members. I should start reading the old SBR to see if I missed anybody.
Not everyone in the SBR for melee is in the SBR for Brawl.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Why do people main lol tier characters?
A: they like thier moveset, or they like the character itself.

If there is a lot of people who main a character because they like who they are then some of them are bound to go pro.

Thus, fanboys do indeed effect tiers.
I personally like Sonics moveset..... but I like who Sheik is more than I like who Sonic is. So I main Sheik.

If I am wrong then why was there a lot of people wanting to main Sonic before SSBB was released? You can't tell me that they all fell in love with the moveset that they only had a very vague idea of.
Actually, the real answer is that we're all ******** so we don't main MK.
And those people who wanted to main sonic before, yeah, they're basically all gone.

:093:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
No, but it does provide a quicker boost in the metagame. As someone said earlier (maybe you), once everyone else catches up, he's likely to drop again unless he really is as good as he seems.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Yeah. I'm the one that said that. And it's true. If Sonic belongs in low tier he'll drop. CURRENTLY I don't think he belongs down that far. Although you can't discount that Sonic's have been placing high consistently for quite a while. It's possible everyone DID catch up. Sonic's game has been pretty much the same for months. They MIGHT have already caught up while our game was stagnant.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Tires don exits.

HOW THE **** IS GANONDORF LAST?!

Frickkin tourney***s. GTFO my Brawl.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Even better. IC are not an easy matchup for Link, the Links who say it's even haven't played good ones, the IC who say it's even need to learn to do something else than infinite. That's really all there is to it, once you get past that, it's in IC favor.
Wow what ARE link's good matchups? Jigglypuff and... who else -_-.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Nah. Jiggs can gimp. Link beats like...Ganon and goes even with Samus. That's about it lol. I'm not totally sure. Most of the Links left for AiB so we're not gonna get a whole lot of input.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I think he actually stands a good chance against Snake, good being compared to everyone else here.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Link beats Ganon, Jiggz, Lucas, Bowser and goes even with Samus, Falcon, Ice Climbers & DK
Snake is close to 45-55 to snake

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I can't say Wario's tier placement is a suprise, I AM suprised with Sonic though.

But I disagree with Falcon's slot, as much as I like him, I think he should be last or SECOND to last.

Other then that, the tier list is looking interesing.

Good stuff SBR.

hundreds of utilts

Smash Apprentice
The best username ever....
lol nah it's not so great.

I was forced to pick it seeing as how Captain Sex Stud Pimpin Falcon was already taken...

Poor Link and Ganon, underneath the worst character in the game.
Yeah I understand Ganon but Link? At least Link has disjointed hitboxes and projectiles. all falcon has is an S tier taunt and a six pack.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I understand, meh. Snake's hands generally are faster than his sword when they're close up, and Link can outcamp and mess with Snake's grenades when afar. I believe it's 55:45 Snake also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom