• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
What about Yoshi? I think his recovery is flexible enough to not get punished.

Egg people on the edge, recover high if you so prefer, air-dodge if you want to play it safe (kind of necessary for certain characters).

:069:

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I wait for the day when people attempt to use footstooling as a way to gimp ^_^

Would be beautious to perfect on Yoshi, Mother boys, and Falco.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I wait for the day when people attempt to use footstooling as a way to gimp ^_^

Would be beautious to perfect on Yoshi, Mother boys, and Falco.
Ike will never have to worry about this recovery moves being footstooled. :D

Footstooled before his recovery on the other hand... >_> <_<

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
New guy, I hate to break it too you, but online means nothing. Lag changes the entire game. Even if you don't see it, it's there and renders any measurement of skill basically worthless the majority of the time.

I might also add: grammar. Please use it, my poor eyes.
The men are still separated from the boys playing online. You're right it doesn't count as much but it's not worthless.:samus2:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It's basically worthless, like I said. At least when it comes to seeing who is actually better. Will a completely random scrub beat someone like Ally? No. Will people who are even remotely close in skill level see a very big difference if they play later IRL? Most likely yes.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
since he swings when someones hurt box is in range you can air dodge jusy before ge gets to you or a little after to avoid the hit and still cause him to end the attack.

Falcon's raptor boost works the same way.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike gets points for being the only character to my knowledge who can be gimped by a taunt.
Lots of people can be gimped by Snake's box. >_>

And yes, we all know QD sucks for recovery and that the programers were on crack for not making go through people like it does in the games. :urg:

St. Viers

Smash Champion
People saying lucas is telegraphed have not played even decent lucases.

Also, if you try and edgegrab, release->regrab, samus can just grapple... if you're assuming the edgeguarder having a certain amount of skill, please assume the other person has an equal level.

/hatred towards unsound arguments

PS: not saying that samus' recovery is good, just that you can't prove it wrong by assuming an uneven level of proficiency.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
People saying lucas is telegraphed have not played even decent lucases.

Also, if you try and edgegrab, release->regrab, samus can just grapple... if you're assuming the edgeguarder having a certain amount of skill, please assume the other person has an equal level.

/hatred towards unsound arguments

PS: not saying that samus' recovery is good, just that you can't prove it wrong by assuming an uneven level of proficiency.
She tries to grapple, she gets hit by the opponent's aerial.
Its not an instant thing.
If im hanging by the edge and Smaus shoots a missile, I can cover BOTH options by using a move that stays out.
The missile gets destroyed/avoid and Samus gets kicked in the mouf for trying to regrab the ledge with her grapple.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I have a theory.

My theory is that Nana equates to less than half of the IC's together. Like 2/5ths or 1/3rd.
Wait just a cotton-picking minute!

Did you just say that Popo only counts as 3/5 of a person?

You racist little...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Samus and Lucas' recovery's are amazing in terms of diatance, but yes when below the stage they can get a little easy to read. despite this they can both get to the edge pretty safely most of the time.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
She tries to grapple, she gets hit by the opponent's aerial.
Its not an instant thing.
If im hanging by the edge and Smaus shoots a missile, I can cover BOTH options by using a move that stays out.
The missile gets destroyed/avoid and Samus gets kicked in the mouf for trying to regrab the ledge with her grapple.
Wow another person with some understanding of the game. Amazing what happens when you have experience AND intelligence.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm certain that applying this would invalidate many more characters who have worst recovery options/moves than those two. I can still say that they have relatively great options for their tier, and probably several people above them lol. I mean they have distance, multihit aerials, decent jumps/floatiness (especially samus), alternative methods, and okay upBs (in Samus', I'd say a pretty good one, esp. if spaced), and for Samus bomb stall and projectiles, for Lucas, Zap jump.

Still, can't deny that recovery always makes the character best, look at Olimar. I'd take a gander and say even Snake doesn't have the options/better method for recovery (although C4 can be pretty helpful).

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I'm certain that applying this would invalidate many more characters who have worst recovery options/moves than those two. I can still say that they have relatively great options for their tier, and probably several people above them lol. I mean they have distance, multihit aerials, decent jumps/floatiness (especially samus), alternative methods, and okay upBs (in Samus', I'd say a pretty good one, esp. if spaced), and for Samus bomb stall and projectiles, for Lucas, Zap jump.

Still, can't deny that recovery always makes the character best, look at Olimar. I'd take a gander and say even Snake doesn't have the options/better method for recovery (although C4 can be pretty helpful).
This is true, recovery definitely does not mean the character is really good, Falco gets gimped like nobodies business in melee (then again I suck durka durka).

For their respective tiers, those characters do recover very well, though the weaknesses in them are still there.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
We should keep count.

Also. the lag on lucas' down B isn't hard to react to and take advantage of once you understand it exists as a recovery/stall tool. It's like peach using her toad to stall.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Also. the lag on lucas' down B isn't hard to react to and take advantage of once you understand it exists as a recovery/stall tool. It's like peach using her toad to stall.
What kind of Lucas tries to use magnet to stall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom