• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
god**** people quit asking when the new list will be out

go do something productive like train so that you know maybe your character can place better next list? and so we dont have to listen to you cry about them being in xx spot
How about they move that giant sack of fat above their thighs instead?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi

walking power shieldgrab.

GGs to your wolf

If only life was that easy, lol.

Even on Pshield you can punish a properly spaced bair. no one can not even d3. Even if you could read my mind and know when I was and wasn't going to bair.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if your spacing me, i just walk forward before i ps. i slide forward since i was walking before I shielded and then wolfs spacing is screwed

his bair isnt THAT ranged, because if the spacing was so good that you couldnt punish it on powershield, only walking slightly forward would put him in most characters grab range where as walking backwards, would make the move miss entirely, because the spacing is that tight.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i am not asking for a new tier list I just want to say this one is out of date and is more or less irrelevant at this point in time, besides Mk as #1 and snake #2 (maybe) and ganon in last this is just so out of date to the point were maybe no tier list would be equal to this one. i feel the only thing really left to discussed is were people will be placed in the next list since there is no real point talking about this list anymore. Anyway that just imo and i just wanted to say it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
thats another day of delay...
currently we are at april 1st 2010

OH SNAP I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY!!

they are going to wait till april 1st, and then put out a bunk tier list, and thenput out the real one right after that.

anybody whos been around knows how elaborate the higher ups can get with the pranks on april fools day.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
if your spacing me, i just walk forward before i ps. i slide forward since i was walking before I shielded and then wolfs spacing is screwed

his bair isnt THAT ranged, because if the spacing was so good that you couldnt punish it on powershield, only walking slightly forward would put him in most characters grab range where as walking backwards, would make the move miss entirely, because the spacing is that tight.
Walking forward doesn't provide enough momentum.
Shielding cancels almost all of your momentum right off the bat

Its why Sonic's dash shield grab is actually GOOD.
He actually does slide a significant distance.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Walking forward doesn't provide enough momentum.
Shielding cancels almost all of your momentum right off the bat

Its why Sonic's dash shield grab is actually GOOD.
He actually does slide a significant distance.
Just to add onto your post, shieldgrabs cancel even more momentum. I noticed this as Kirby. Whenever my opponent would hit my shield with a powerful attack and send me sliding backwards, a quick shieldgrab (buffered if you can) will stop you from sliding. I've shieldgrabbed some pretty cool things this way, but powershielding is still better.

It might be known, but I don't care. First ammendment, people!

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
thats another day of delay...
currently we are at april 1st 2010

OH SNAP I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY!!

they are going to wait till april 1st, and then put out a bunk tier list, and thenput out the real one right after that.

anybody whos been around knows how elaborate the higher ups can get with the pranks on april fools day.
someone did not read what i wrote. from what i understand its a day delay every time someone asks for a new list which i did not, all i did was point out of this list holds no water anymore so it seems we are still at march 31st

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
everyone place your bets for when you think the new tier list will be released!!

My bet goes for october 3rd, 2020

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
When power sheilding you have no sheild slide so that isn't really a big factor as far as momentum.

@ KID
Bair is lagless and has rediculous range you can out range marth's aerials with bair. it comes out in like 4 frames which means you literally have to predict when I'm going to bair if you want to power sheild. fortunately the act of jumping doesn't mean I have to bair I can empty short hop, I can double jump I can lazer or just land and grab you if you start to become so predictable.

While on paper it is really easy to just say stuff. You don't know whats going to happen when. thats where mix ups come in. thats why falco can jab grab you even though it is so untrue.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Just to add onto your post, shieldgrabs cancel even more momentum. I noticed this as Kirby. Whenever my opponent would hit my shield with a powerful attack and send me sliding backwards, a quick shieldgrab (buffered if you can) will stop you from sliding. I've shieldgrabbed some pretty cool things this way, but powershielding is still better.

It might be known, but I don't care. First ammendment, people!
Mhm, its why only thosecharacters with such high speeds can actually make use of dash shield grabs. Dash powershield is even better, but you get my point.

@<3: You do, but noyif you run fast enough.
As ryko, back when I used to play him, I had a habit of powershielding through attacks and dashpowershielding thorugh stuff as Sonic.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
When power sheilding you have no sheild slide so that isn't really a big factor as far as momentum.

@ KID
Bair is lagless and has rediculous range you can out range marth's aerials with bair. it comes out in like 4 frames which means you literally have to predict when I'm going to bair if you want to power sheild. fortunately the act of jumping doesn't mean I have to bair I can empty short hop, I can double jump I can lazer or just land and grab you if you start to become so predictable.

While on paper it is really easy to just say stuff. You don't know whats going to happen when. thats where mix ups come in. thats why falco can jab grab you even though it is so untrue.
Actually, that's just bad on paper, at best what you could say is "on paper you will never ever powershield bair" because a delay of at least 8 frames for reaction time is incorporated on paper but of course that's a very simplistic paper, and it is possible if you "predict" within three frames of when a person plans to have the move's hitbox out.

But reliable powershielding of bair? Not gonna happen.

Sorry kid, dug yourself into a hole on this one, wolf's bair is amazing and almost unpunishable, unless he gets predictable, nothing will happen.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJmXQ9u8wWc&feature=related#movie_player

wolf's hit boxes. look at bair and everything I've said will make a lot of sense. So when spacing correctly, combined with wolf's aerial movement speed and mobility, there is little any character can do against this move if wolf is already in the air but try and predict.

unfortunately wolf can't always be in the air.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yay, they used Sonic and the Black Knight music. <3

Though I can't say much for the rest of the cast, I'm sure Sonic could do SOMETHING about Wolf's bair...
Bu~t it's just Sonic, and Wolf beats him anyways, so yeah.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i still dont think its as unpunishable as its made out to be, other wise wolfs would probably be doing better with less variation in their styles, i would think, and when i see actual wolf mains play in tourney, they make use of most of his moveset. because no one move of his is good enough to be just tossed out like that. like in the recent kain vids, theres a fair amount of bair camp, but not to the point where its his only move because theres no way you can have such a one dimensional playstyle based off a move like that. i just dont think its that good, though it is a great option.

agree to disagree?

R3d X

Smash Rookie
I believe Toon Link should definitely be placed at the top of B tier:dizzy:... This isn't just because of the fact that he's my main, but also because of his options... It's sillt to think that he loses to a character with a ****ty recovery and almost no defense against projectiles :laugh: (Lucario)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Wolf's bair is not terribly difficult to see coming...

o_O
If you are able to reliably predict when wolf players will use bair (within 3 frames of when the hitbox will impact you) play better wolf players.

i still dont think its as unpunishable as its made out to be, other wise wolfs would probably be doing better with less variation in their styles, i would think, and when i see actual wolf mains play in tourney, they make use of most of his moveset. because no one move of his is good enough to be just tossed out like that. like in the recent kain vids, theres a fair amount of bair camp, but not to the point where its his only move because theres no way you can have such a one dimensional playstyle based off a move like that. i just dont think its that good, though it is a great option.

agree to disagree?
Honestly, wolf has some amazing moves, the problem is his overall attributes kill him.

He gets shut down too easily because of things like ftilt locks and chaingrabs. He also naturally falls too fast to really make good use of his airspeed.

His projectile is also balls, not so much because the attributes aren't useful, but it has too much lag to capitalize off it, and of course he's the only spacies that can't cancel it with a SH.

Oh, and how could I forget? He's got a very limited recovery that's very easy to edguard.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I believe Toon Link should definitely be placed at the top of B tier:dizzy:... This isn't just because of the fact that he's my main, but also because of his options... It's sillt to think that he loses to a character with a ****ty recovery and almost no defense against projectiles :laugh: (Lucario)
I think you really need to relook that option. Lol... Shielding is too powerful in this game, and when it comes down to it, lucario has plenty of advantages over TL.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I don't know how you could look at Wolf's Bair and not go "wow, I wish my character had that move."

Wolf's problems are his recovery + susceptibility to various bogus combos. Such is the life of a fastfaller.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I don't know how you could look at Wolf's Bair and not go "wow, I wish my character had that move."
Because various other characters are probably satisfied with their Bair? D3, Falco, Fox, Ike, DK. Not to say Wolf's isn't the best (because it probably is), but a lot of Bairs are fairly good in this game.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
in the video that <3 linked to, some of those hitbubbles are incorrect if wolf's body scales (gets larger) with the attack.

anyway wolf is just a safer fox. imo. both characters get screwed by the same stuff.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
If you are able to reliably predict when wolf players will use bair (within 3 frames of when the hitbox will impact you) play better wolf players.
a-doom-bro-day-yoose, please inform me of what other possibilities a Wolf has while jumping at you with his back turned? And then tell me what is the probability of him using these alternative options as opposed to bair?

I'm curious.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Airdodge through you and grab as you try to PS the bair that never came?
I was still under the impression that we were talking about when wolf spaces himself so that his bair would hit you at a distance that he couldnt be punished from it,(landing with it out from the maximum distance away) and airdodging thru them implies that your getting way closer than that range would allow.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
a-doom-bro-day-yoose, please inform me of what other possibilities a Wolf has while jumping at you with his back turned? And then tell me what is the probability of him using these alternative options as opposed to bair?

I'm curious.
You're missing the point. You can predict that he's gonna bair, yea, but predicting it 0-3 frames before it actually comes out. That's hard.

The various possible frames he can do it, that's your variance. Soooo, doing it 3 frames earlier and hitting you doing it 3 frame later and safely hitting shield. Or anything other then those 3 frames.

Yeah, it's possible, but doing it reliably... no.

Also... childish insults... really?

I was still under the impression that we were talking about when wolf spaces himself so that his bair would hit you at a distance that he couldnt be punished from it,(landing with it out from the maximum distance away) and airdodging thru them implies that your getting way closer than that range would allow.
That's punishment options, he safely crosses up and generally ends up at an effective frame advantage.

Zulu Nation

Smash Cadet
Lol, anyone remember that discussion? I had fun lurking that one.
Lol I was there because I was in the arguement (I'm Iblis) well only in the arguement for a little because some people were just being stupid and reasoning with stupid people is mad hard so I gave up on telling them PSing all of it was impossible.

EDIT: it was late Nov/early Dec. the agruement was started because some one said it will be easy to PS Fox's lasers in the future like Falco's......anyways I'ma try and not bring up that stupid agruement.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
This is Wolf Bair being predictable agruement is as stupid as saying you can PS all of Fox's lasers.
*sigh*

Except you can, there are just better uses of your time.

Lol I was there because I was in the arguement (I'm Iblis) well only in the arguement for a little because some people were just being stupid and reasoning with stupid people is mad hard so I gave up on telling them PSing all of it was impossible.

EDIT: it was late Nov/early Dec. the agruement was started because some one said it will be easy to PS Fox's lasers in the future like Falco's......anyways I'ma try and not bring up that stupid agruement.

Frame data to prove that please?

Either it's literally impossible (requires reaction time of under 8 frames, moves have too much lag, not enough time between hitboxes) or not humanly possible (requires inputs every other frame, and even that's still possible for a shot time, just can't be maintained because hand spasms remove timing).

Again, it's certainly possible, just generally more effective uses of your time, but if I regularly fought Rookie for example, you can bet your *** that if I can find somebody willing to help me practice it, next tournament I'd powershield every single laser.

There's a high amount of technical overhead in getting it right, but they have enough lead-time that no matter what, you can still do it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
power shielding foxs lasers is ******** anyway, you could spend that time, actually hitting fox, since his lasers dont halt your movement.

Albert.

Smash Master

I'm curious.
Airdodge through you and grab as you try to PS the bair that never came?
gwrecked. .

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
power shielding foxs lasers is ******** anyway, you could spend that time, actually hitting fox, since his lasers dont halt your movement.
Prevents forced approach, most useful when you're ahead though, cause even if you make a mistake, it doesn't matter much, and he's forced to approach.

gwrecked. .
My response wrecked more.

Even with a stupidly short SH like forty frames, you'll about out of every 10 attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom