• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranor469

Smash Apprentice
Some just random critique-

-Why did Zelda go down so much? She just about equal matchups with EVERY character except a select few (gets ***** hard by olimar and GaW but ***** CF). I excepted her to stay about the same but down 4? Idk seems a bit illogical to me. Is it the tourny placements or seomthing?
Is ****** CF supposed to mean anything? Last I checked, CF is not a problem to anyone....

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I was really expecting PT to go up to at least C tier. Other than that, I feel its pretty good.
But Sonic went up 11 SPOTS :)

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
for a while, i was saying Ganon was the worst and CF wasn't, so woohoo! CF is too cool to be last
Wario moving up is awesome, same with TL, Pit, and Luigi

JOE!

Smash Hero
Wario's metagame has been and still is advancing pretty fast. Only recently have players started using his instant wipeout and bike to edgeguard and force readable and punishable moves from their opponents, who then lose a stock to a waft.

And yes, Wario can go an entire game without getting grabbed. If the Wario player is a douche, and he gets a stock lead on you, and he decides to aircamp and does it well, consider the match lost.

I think Wario is above Falco b/c Wario doesn't have any hard counters, whereas Falco has 2 (possibly Pika, and then ICs). Wario also has a CG on Falco as well :p

makes sense, but im still not sure if 3rd belongs to him >.> (might have to check out more pro warios...)

anywho, I think the only things holding yoshi back are a stigma that his recovery blows, and his odd moveset/style...

other than that, he has no really bad matchups, and Ok tourney results....should be in D tier...I honestly think hes on the lvl of Pokemon trainer when used well

ISMFOF

Smash Cadet
man, i thought marth would be S class material for sure. but all my fv chars are always in the A class.

Shark Week

Smash Apprentice
i've been saying pt was mid tier material since the beginning while other "well known" players were claiming he was bottom tier and you should count all the pokemon separate.

me - over 9k
the rest of you - ...... i don't know, 4 maybe? you guys are never right, so i just stopped counting.

imo this list still shortchanges him by a couple spots. within 2 tier lists he'll be c tier, i bet.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Yeah it doesnt even aim for the ledge right?
Also, about Marth in A tier, I actually agree. I mean some of his worst matchups are in S tier (MK, Snake, and D3)

noradseven

Smash Lord
Ahh sandbag bottom again, Isn't it sad sandbag :(.

try saying Ivysaurs recovery sucks after this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86-0H96ZsMQ

hehe, but yeah, characters like yoshi i still feel have potential, dunno bout others, maybe olimar too, still think he's better than some above him
Its still p. bad, it is interesting that it isn't affected by being under the stage like most though.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Huh?
You feel like bring an ******* for bringing a weapon to a battle in the coliseum and your opponent is using their bare hands?

That's how I read your post.

A character is a tool to attain victory.

Nothing more.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Some just random critique-

-Why did Zelda go down so much? She just about equal matchups with EVERY character except a select few (gets ***** hard by olimar and GaW but ***** CF). I excepted her to stay about the same but down 4? Idk seems a bit illogical to me. Is it the tourny placements or seomthing?

-Sonic....wow =P

-I thought that yoshi's even matchup with metaknight would help him a bit more but up is always good

-Link isnt that bad is he. Under CF?

A lot of good things though =)

-Seperation between Ness and Lucas was needed

-Ganon bottom I agree with

-I never thought Dedede truly deserved top 5 just my opinion though

A well thought out list overall though some good decisions, don't flame me I'm not up to date with tourny info and junk just my opinion
Zelda dropped so much because no one is repping her really.
Sonic deserves it.
Yoshi isn't gonna' change much just from one even match up.
Link's recovery prevents him from raising.

A~Kid/ToonethLinkage

Wants His Own Custom Title
I think Marth should have moved up not down. He should have been at least 4th place. IDK why Wario is up there but he is a great character but IDK, he just popped outta nowhere. And Falco, he should have dropped A LOT more. He should have been at least in 7th place.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Isn't Snake supposed to be a tough match for ZSS too? This is actually just something for me to put before my quote responses but it is a legitimate question.

I'm also somewhat surprised nobody addressed my stint about Wario. I'll go ahead and somewhat respond to PhantomX while I bring him up again: Marth also doesn't have any hard counters. Marth can also avoid being grabbed rather easily, due to his range more than his unremarkable (but solid) mobility. So what makes Wario the superior character? His most notable advantage seems to be his weight/recovery but the fact Marth kills better and Wario also dies at 110 to half the cast if he is grabbed seems like it would counterbalance that...

ROB vs Fox
sorry no -- ROB's only heinous match-ups are MK and ZSS. Some argue G&W but opinions of that match-up have been steadily moving toward more neutral and MK is a bad match for everyone. ROB is one of the more neutral characters, not quite on the level of Marth/Wario but more than the likes of anyone else in the upper tiers. Dedede is especially bad in this regard, having more bad upper-tier match-ups than good ones, yet he still managed to sneak into bottom of S-Tier while ROB and G&W drop like a rock.

Mah buddy (of the robotic operating kind) just needs more tourney rep. :( But then who all plays some of these other characters either?

On that note, Emblem Lord:

You lose to two or more characters in the top tier and you don't matter. That goes for blue haired swordsmen and gun totting bounty hunters with skin tight body suits.
Well first off, MK beats everybody, theoretically dumping everyone out of top tier but himself and Falco. (Wario also losing to D3 and Falco beating everyone else.) But more seriously...

Dedede gets destroyed by Falco and Olimar and still has a bad match-up with Diddy and MK... and G&W, Pikachu, Ice Climbers, and Kirby. That's 2/3 of the upper two tiers (not including himself) and even the four he has a "decent" match-up against aren't that far in his favor, if at all for ROB. He's too reliant on his CG to be dangerous but most of the upper-tier characters can't be CGed. The only thing notable about him that endures as a solid advantage over his upper-tier peers is his massive weight, since most are lightweight, but even so he's the only heavyweight of the bunch (Snake, Wario, ROB) easily edgeguarded.

But you're definitely right about the tier list meaning nothing. The game didn't change, only people's perceptions about it. I think you're a bit harsh on the whole "so-and-so can't win a major tourney," though. You might as well go so far as to say nobody but MK will ever win a national event with that attitude. :p

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Marth kills better than Wario? What?

One of the commonly known problems for Marth involves his killing options. They are fairly unsafe for the most part, and they will not kill opponents fast unless you tipper them. Getting a tipper Fsmash on someone in a high level match is... very hard to do lol.

Wario doesn't lose to Dedede, the matchup is arguably even for both sides. As for Falco, it's of my opinion that overall vs Wario he loses. Wario's only proven hard matchups are Marth, who I would barely consider 60:40 overall and CP's can swing it towards Wario's favor, and then MK who a lot of people agree that he's 55:45 overall. Everyone else is either even or Wario's favor overall.

Dedede's matchups are a lot closer than I think you perceive them. Especially for Olimar, IC's, and Kirby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom