• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
btw thanks sir bedevere lol, but thats probably coz Australia is full of scrubs and were all 2 years behind the brawl metagame :)
you can tell australia is REALLY far behind because brawl has only been out for about a year.

Kain17

Smash Cadet
Zss was really underused, along with wario. hopefully this will help garner recognition. hopefully not :3 I like being an UU main.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon also can't approach IMO because his attacks are slow and lacks priority. CF also has slow attack speed and though longer than Ganon's recovery, it's as easy to intercept. What CF has is camping, but he is weaker and lower priority than Ganon.
Yeah but he's faster, and that counts for a lot.
The thing that hurts Falcon the most is three ****ty B moves. His "a" game, especially in the air is decent. And his speed rocks, obviously. His jab is also amazing.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Zss was really underused, along with wario. hopefully this will help garner recognition. hopefully not :3 I like being an UU main.
ZSS will never gain "recognition." We've got 0-deaths, chaingrabs, dash attack locks that work on the whole cast, a cool playstyle, whips guns and chains, solid matchups, and people still don't play her. It's never going to change.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
ZSS will never gain "recognition." We've got 0-deaths, chaingrabs, dash attack locks that work on the whole cast, a cool playstyle, whips guns and chains, solid matchups, and people still don't play her. It's never going to change.
High learning curve and lightweight are pretty strong deterrents. "Cool" playstyle is rather relative as well.

I honestly prefer a fireball-slinging plumber with unexplainable martial arts prowess :laugh:

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Oh noes! Lucario has been dropped from 10th/11th to 14th. *indifferent*

Anyways, despite Lucario being dropped by 4 places, I am still don't give a **** on tiers. Frankly, tiers are there to demonize and poke fun of players who choose lower tier characters in tournaments to wins because the said character is their favorite (such as someone saying "OMG, I play Wario and you play Lucario. Wario is in a higher tier placement than Lucario. Therefore, you suck ***). Go ahead and continue trying to place the Pokemon version of Chuck Norris (Lucario) into the lowest tier placement for all I care, but I want to see your logical reasoning WHY you lowered Lucario in the tier list. If someone relies on making a living by gambling when spectating/playing a SSBB battle by using the tier list (such as person A betting $600 on person B that Marth will beat Lucario in the next battle), then you really need a new job. Skill is more important than tiers (and you knows, Lucario might able to **** Marth really easily).

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
My theory behind why she's so unpopular is that she's not on the character select screen, you can't select her with random... and she's at the bottom of the character board page, haha. But really, people didn't play her much when the game first came out partly because of that and she was difficult to use (at least IMO). Nowadays, she's still more difficult to use and be good with compared to the other, better characters that have dumb-easy chaingrabs and the like. You know how that is.

Grunt

Smash Master
Oh noes! Lucario has been dropped from 10th/11th to 14th. *indifferent*

Anyways, despite Lucario being dropped by 4 places, I am still don't give a **** on tiers. Frankly, tiers are there to demonize and poke fun of players who choose lower tier characters in tournaments to wins because the said character is their favorite (such as someone saying "OMG, I play Wario and you play Lucario. Wario is in a higher tier placement than Lucario. Therefore, you suck ***). Go ahead and continue trying to place the Pokemon version of Chuck Norris (Lucario) into the lowest tier placement for all I care, but I want to see your logical reasoning WHY you lowered Lucario in the tier list. If someone relies on making a living by gambling when spectating/playing a SSBB battle by using the tier list (such as person A betting $600 on person B that Marth will beat Lucario in the next battle), then you really need a new job. Skill is more important than tiers (and you knows, Lucario might able to **** Marth really easily).
Hes lower because he's been doing worse in tournaments.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
So, he's doing worse because of "tournament standings." Can anyone explain why his "tournament standings" got worse? What about skill of the player? That is another factor that may influence the tier list. For example, a skillful Captain Falcon player may most likely to easily defeat a skillful Marth player.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I think Grunt just hit the nail right on the coffin.

GG.

Now if you're done complaining about Tires, go out and start winning tourneys with Lucario Dark Pally.

K?

Edit: For the love of pete, bro, tier lists are just a generalization. Yes, individual skill is very important but tiers don't reflect that, don't account for that; they are static and just represent empirical data based on performance in tourney and performance in the overall meta-game.

Smooth Criminal

Grunt

Smash Master
except that has never happened.
at least not enough to counter all the other times marths have beaten falcons.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Does Koopa's legendary grab release game make him have better matchups that it was shown in the chart?

Why is Yoshi so low, I think he is for slightly below low mid tier.

bigman40

Smash Master
Does Koopa's legendary grab release game make him have better matchups that it was shown in the chart?

Why is Yoshi so low, I think he is for slightly below low mid tier.
Not enough Rep in tourneys
Most Yoshi players don't believe in using technique(s) that supposedly helps them alot (DR/DT)

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Edit: For the love of pete, bro, tier lists are just a generalization. Yes, individual skill is very important but tiers don't reflect that, don't account for that; they are static and just represent empirical data based on performance in tourney and performance in the overall meta-game.

Smooth Criminal

I'm not complaining about tiers or anything, I'm just against it. Everyone have different skils and I believe all characters have some ups and drawbacks (such as something have higher speed may have lower power and vice versa) and all characters are created equally in Brawl. Although there are some cases where having one character go against another may be difficult (for example, when I played a tournament in my college campus using Lucario, I manage to beat a Yoshi player in the first round, but got defeated by an Olimar player in the second round). Besides, I happen to use Lucario's counterattack very liberally.

EDIT: If you want to know, the settings of the tournament in my college was 5 stock, no timer, and no items).

Gindler

Smash Champion
I still can't do DR/DT on command. I can do it just it's still not nearly reliable yet. But yeah he gets no rep at all. Oh well.

M.K

Level 55
I still believe that Captain Falcon is the worst player in the game. At least when I face a Ganondorf, I have the fear that every attack could potentitally kill me in a matter of a few hits. Falcon, not so much :ohwell:.
. They both fail at approaching, so it's just a matter of which ones are more deadly when they ACTUALLY hit.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Sakuri Hates the Zelda series.

Or maybe.....

Sakuri hates Miyamoto.
Lol.

Do you even think that Sakurai himself is aware about the tier lists that gamers where creating? I don't think he ever mentions/promotes/knows about their tier lists. And even if he finds out about this tier list, he would oppose tiers anyways.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
he's Jealous That Miyamoto's Games Are Better, So He Sabatoges His Own Career.
Qtf!!!!!!!!!

This Quote Is Godly!!!!!!!

===============================================

Everybody knows the tier list ACTUALLY looks like this.

Miyamoto
*Brawl Cast*
Inui
Sakurai

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
On the subject of CF and Ganondorf...
It's really a matter of getting camped all day, or being able to get move but barely being able to do much when you're there.

Ganondorf has deadly single strikes, true, but when you can sit on one side of the stage and throw projectiles at the guy all day, while he can barely do anything about it, it's not much of a worrying matchup. And then when he does get in, you can just play mid-close range and toss him about, since he attacks so slowly.

Captain Falcon, on the other hand, can get around camping with a lot less effort, and can at least pull a hit and run. He still gets ***** at mid-close range though and obviously can't land as lethal blows as Ganondorf.

Though at the end of the day, they're both pretty bad :/

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Kirby <3 ♥

♣ Ice Climbers <3 ♥

♣ Wario <3 ♥

♣ Samus D: ♥

♣ Marth D: ♥

♣ I guess I'm alright with this tier list, much more satisfied than the Japanese tier list. ♥

Inui

Banned via Warnings
On the subject of CF and Ganondorf...
It's really a matter of getting camped all day, or being able to get move but barely being able to do much when you're there.

Ganondorf has deadly single strikes, true, but when you can sit on one side of the stage and throw projectiles at the guy all day, while he can barely do anything about it, it's not much of a worrying matchup. And then when he does get in, you can just play mid-close range and toss him about, since he attacks so slowly.

Captain Falcon, on the other hand, can get around camping with a lot less effort, and can at least pull a hit and run. He still gets ***** at mid-close range though and obviously can't land as lethal blows as Ganondorf.

Though at the end of the day, they're both pretty bad :/
qft

Ganondorf is the worst ever.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Dark Paladin, please be against tiers elsewhere. Also, please don't assume idiot logic, as in the whole "my character is a higher tier, so you (the player) suck" and "tier lists are made to poke fun at lower tiers."

I wonder why the decision was made to top the SS tier and combine a few. (SS,S and A from previous) .

Dark Paladin, please be against tiers elsewhere. Also, please don't assume idiot logic, as in the whole "my character is a higher tier, so you (the player) suck" and "tier lists are made to poke fun at lower tiers."
Dark Paladin has just been Raphael-ed lol

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
But more so than in melee. In melee the bottom tiers could barely even compete with the top. Now, about half of the tier list characters are viable for tournament play.
In melee, pretty much every character could do SOMETHING as long as you could initiate it. The game was all about offense. Brawl is different. The mechanics make it a lot easier to escape combos and follow ups so that it's a game that is much more about options, because you're going to constantly need to reestablish an offense.

In brawl, a lot of characters simply don't have enough options. I think that's worse in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom