• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
This should just be the Bowser players' sigs, this would save them the trouble of having to explain it to the ******* who still think big & slow = bad when we have Snake.
I've never heard anyone say a character is automatically bad because they're big and slow.

It's far more annoying to deal with people who say that MK is crap 'because he has no kill moves'.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I've never heard anyone say a character is automatically bad because they're big and slow.

It's far more annoying to deal with people who say that MK is crap 'because he has no kill moves'.
You haven't been around long I presume.

The stigma can be seen from miles away.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
» Smash World Forums » Super Smash Bros. Brawl » Brawl Tactical Discussion » The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

I wasn't aware this was both threads at once.
Man was I out of it.
Either way, both are useless threads.

:093:

M.K

Level 55

But he doesn't.
I kid.

I dunno, I guess you can't really blame those people who haven't experienced the competitive scene well enough to have decent opinions of the tier list.
Even the scrubbiest of scrubs inside the competitive scene is able to tell why characters are where they are (or AROUND where they should be) on the tier list.

M.K

Level 55
You CAN blame people for opening their mouths when they obviously don't know what they're talking about, though.
*looks through previous post*
*slams fist down on desk*

DAMMIT, I thought I said that. Yeah, I meant to raise that point as well. :laugh: You are right, people should have the common sense that tells them that their misguided opinion of characters is not wanted in a particular situation.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
*looks through previous post*
*slams fist down on desk*

DAMMIT, I thought I said that. Yeah, I meant to raise that point as well. :laugh: You are right, people should have the common sense that tells them that their misguided opinion of characters is not wanted in a particular situation.
Should that not be a giving to know once you become a member of smashboards?

M.K

Level 55
Should that not be a giving to know once you become a member of smashboards?
Through the many observations of less-than-knowledgeable new users attempting to sway the public with their own misguided opinions of a competitive scene that they have no part in, it SHOULD be, but it is not.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Marik shut up. <3
Lol
Seriously, yoshi isnt good, bwett is really good, im pretty sure he agrees with me about yoshis position, as well as green ace.
Dont name drop bwett so much homie.
Yoshi is not good XD
God, I knew you were going to show up sooner or later. :(

Do you like, name search "Yoshi" or something? Looool.

And Nestec, 5% really isn't that much of a difference, but I suppose that's what I meant. My bad.

Captain Falcon and Yoshi should be in A Tier. Totally.

*Runs*

Nestec

Smash Ace
No, all four of those characters belong in F-Tier!!

:: chases after Marik, hungrybox, and tocador::

ON TOPIC...ahem

No one answered my question... X_x

sexy beast said:
Btw, where would you guys say the line is drawn between mid-level and low-level players?
Me, I've never been to a tourney before. But I watch videos of the highest-level gamers, and tend to use strategies of my main that reflect the higher levels of play. So am I mid-level? Or does my lack of ACTUAL experience make me low-level? o.O

.Marik

is a social misfit
@ Nestec: Higher level players actually place in Tournaments and are exceptionally knowledgable about the characters they main or play.

Less gifted players don't place as well and learn/copy from the better players. They also aren't as recognized by the overall Smash community.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
No, all four of those characters belong in F-Tier!!

:: chases after Marik, hungrybox, and tocador::

ON TOPIC...ahem

No one answered my question... X_x
As long as you have enough knowledge about your character and have a reasonable sense of what'd you do if you were up against other players, I'd say you're mid-level. If you were in an actual tournament, you should do okay-ish as long as you have your strategies down pat.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Pure Casual: Don't play in/care about tournaments at all. Not a level, just an existance.

Bottom Level: Wifi scrubs who think they can pwn in tournaments, those who have gone to one tournament, basic knowledge about their character.
Low Level: Know they suck but still go to tournaments, gone to a few but not ever close to placing. Knowledge can range from a little above basic to quite knowledge about their character.
Low-mid Level: Still not placing, but have more knowledge not only about their character, but about other characters but just can't translate into results. (Like me. lol)
Mid Level: Hovers around the top 8 level, rarely poking into top 4. Good amount of knowledge about the most used characters, and how to deal with them with their character.
Low-high Level: Poking into top 4 more often but still not constantly in top 4. Knowledge of characters often expands wider to often used, lower level CP characters.
High Level: Constantly in top 4, almost never out of top 8. Great knowledge about high tier and top tier characters, some knowledge about mid tier characters.
Top Level: Often winning tournaments, almost always in top 4. Amazing knowledge about high tier and top tier characters.
Broken Level: M2K, Ally, Etc.

I was bored. >_>

Nestec

Smash Ace
As long as you have enough knowledge about your character and have a reasonable sense of what'd you do if you were up against other players, I'd say you're mid-level. If you were in an actual tournament, you should do okay-ish as long as you have your strategies down pat.
Aah, okay then.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
You know who I ****ing hate?

Toon Link.

It doesn't matter what skill level he is or whether it's offline or online. He's just such bull****. Good ones have incredibly annoying priority and projectiles flying all over the god**** place. Bad ones do something like:

them: BOOMERANG!
me: REFLECT!
them: duhhhhhhh *boomerang hits shield*

whereas if it were pretty much anyone else, that wouldn't have happened.

Then it's like no matter how bad he plays offstage, he always finds a way back. Don't even get me started on when you're both offstage, because he has priority every-god****-where, and really, his Up B is just gonna eat your moves anyway... or he can just tether the edge. Unless you're MK and *maybe* a few others, you're not being Toon Link off-stage, ever.

Stage control is too good. Next.

He has issues with KOing? Sure, if you wanna kill below 100% he does. I don't see why this is such a problem though when you can just keep staying safe to 150%, taking maybe 20% at most in the process, and getting that kill anyway.

He has range issues? Who cares when he OM NOM NOM NOMs your **** anyway? Actually, does he even HAVE range issues?

And then, to top it off, that infamous Dsmash trajectory of his is enough to make me go on Windwaker just to kill myself over and over again. **** Toon Link.

tl;dr - he deserves his spot and should not move down unless people just stop playing him

EDIT: Lucario sucks. He needs to move down below Peach and push everyone up one, at least. Kirby also sucks and should be replaced by ZSS and possibly Toon Link.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Pure Casual: Don't play in/care about tournaments at all. Not a level, just an existance.

Bottom Level: Wifi scrubs who think they can pwn in tournaments, those who have gone to one tournament, basic knowledge about their character.
Low Level: Know they suck but still go to tournaments, gone to a few but not ever close to placing. Knowledge can range from a little above basic to quite knowledge about their character.
Low-mid Level: Still not placing, but have more knowledge not only about their character, but about other characters but just can't translate into results. (Like me. lol)
Mid Level: Hovers around the top 8 level, rarely poking into top 4. Good amount of knowledge about the most used characters, and how to deal with them with their character.
Low-high Level: Poking into top 4 more often but still not constantly in top 4. Knowledge of characters often expands wider to often used, lower level CP characters.
High Level: Constantly in top 4, almost never out of top 8. Great knowledge about high tier and top tier characters, some knowledge about mid tier characters.
Top Level: Often winning tournaments, almost always in top 4. Amazing knowledge about high tier and top tier characters.
Broken Level: M2K, Ally, Etc.

I was bored. >_>
Character knowledge is independant from skill in the game, many people have amazing knowledge but aren't particularly good, generally due to lack of playtime.

The reverse is also true, being a good player doesn't always translate to understanding the game in a theoretical level.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
You know who I ****ing hate?

Toon Link.

It doesn't matter what skill level he is or whether it's offline or online. He's just such bull****. Good ones have incredibly annoying priority and projectiles flying all over the god**** place. Bad ones do something like:

them: BOOMERANG!
me: REFLECT!
them: duhhhhhhh *boomerang hits shield*

whereas if it were pretty much anyone else, that wouldn't have happened.

Then it's like no matter how bad he plays offstage, he always finds a way back. Don't even get me started on when you're both offstage, because he has priority every-god****-where, and really, his Up B is just gonna eat your moves anyway... or he can just tether the edge. Unless you're MK and *maybe* a few others, you're not being Toon Link off-stage, ever.

Stage control is too good. Next.

He has issues with KOing? Sure, if you wanna kill below 100% he does. I don't see why this is such a problem though when you can just keep staying safe to 150%, taking maybe 20% at most in the process, and getting that kill anyway.

He has range issues? Who cares when he OM NOM NOM NOMs your **** anyway? Actually, does he even HAVE range issues?

And then, to top it off, that infamous Dsmash trajectory of his is enough to make me go on Windwaker just to kill myself over and over again. **** Toon Link.

tl;dr - he deserves his spot and should not move down unless people just stop playing him

I agree for the most part. Toon Link almost annoys me as much as Sonic.

Sonic runs around, and the entire game is spent dealing with his silly mindgames.

gm jack

Smash Lord

EDIT: Lucario sucks. He needs to move down below Peach and push everyone up one, at least. Kirby also sucks and should be replaced by ZSS and possibly Toon Link.
Agree on TL. A very solid character.

However, Lucario is very good and is helped enormously by his solid match ups across the cast. AFAIK, he does not have a counter, just a fair few with an advantage. However, a lot of his moves have transcendent priority, with good range and long lasting hit boxes. He is pretty heavy, which combined with his recovery which can go into a wall hug, and his aura, it makes him very dangerous.

Kirby doesn't suck, but I can see ZSS and TL going over just because they are better, not because Kirby is bad, if you get me.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I don't mind Toon Link so much. Of the two Toon Links I've played, I've landed a fully charged Fsmash on one (Jerm in Pools @ FS5), and then I Footstooled KO'd the other one after beating him to the ledge by like 1 millisecond due to aether not autosnaping (Booze @ FS6)

Sure, I lost both times harshly (lol finally getting Booze down to his last life at Pirate Ship while I have 200% damage. Yays for SAFs?), but I've always managed to do something epic while getting beaten down. The cell shaded dude deserves his spot.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Toon Link.

]
I read this much and I applauded. Your post is full of win.
i second this notion.

considering his incredibly tiny stature, and great mobility, i never saw tink as having range issues. His double jump puts him into the effing stratosphere. the only time he has range issues is against characters like ddd,, marth and MK, who are all notorious for having great range anyway. soooo...yah.

also, I would have been happier if they took away the second hit of tinks down smash entirely and just made it one sided with that amazing blast angle.

I agree for the most part. Toon Link almost annoys me as much as Sonic.

Sonic runs around, and the entire game is spent dealing with his silly mindgames.
[/QUOTE ]
Our mindgames are too good =P

Agree on TL. A very solid character.

However, Lucario is very good and is helped enormously by his solid match ups across the cast. AFAIK, he does not have a counter, just a fair few with an advantage. However, a lot of his moves have transcendent priority, with good range and long lasting hit boxes. He is pretty heavy, which combined with his recovery which can go into a wall hug, and his aura, it makes him very dangerous.

Kirby doesn't suck, but I can see ZSS and TL going over just because they are better, not because Kirby is bad, if you get me.
lucario isnt that good.

hes actually a really straight forward character. and he doesnt have a hard counter, but ddd, marth, mk, and snake all beat him pretty handily, which kind of screws him over in tournaments. yes he can be dangerous if you: 1. let him get into a groove, or 2. rush him blindly. but playing safe and avoiding the game changer moves (f smash and aura sphere) can put him in a very bad spot.
I could see him going down a couple of spots

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I love the new Brown font KID.

Also yes, T.Link is annoying to deal with, what with the bombs and the sword that somehow is short but fast and still long enough to chain.

Which is why he is a very capable opponent in the right hands.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
thank ya thank ya, it matches my skin tone.

But i also just want to make special notion of his bair.

Its redix good, he can throw out 2 in a SH, its practically lagless, it combos into itself, it has good range, its fast, it does like 11%, it almost always sets up for a follow up, and by the time it doesnt set up for anything anymore, IT KILLS.

its probably my favorite aerial in the game, and i think its one of the best also. right up there with kirbys bair and MKs dair

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
How does Pit do against the rest of the cast, particularly the top tiers? Does he **** anyone and is he ***** by anyone himself?

Off the top of my head, Peach = Pit.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I agree. Toon Link is a really good character with no extreme glaring weaknesses while Lucario has several and does not have the tools to compete at a high level. I could see Lucario dropping down to C tier before it's all said and done.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the lowest lucario would go is the bottom of his current tier.

pit however, upon further review, seems kinda bad. and has nobody out there proving why he is where he is. I think hes at his spot just based on assumptions we all still have of him from when the game came out. Every one thought he was top tier, and hes been moving down ever since. in the current metagame of brawl, that seems to be based more on number of options rather than the potential of each single option, pit seems to be a character that is worth movign down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom