• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I only have one thing to say about this tier list.

YES!

Actually I do have a few things to say. I think there is no reason to complain about this list, it's seems considerably more accurate than Chillin's old list and more accurately represents the characters' performance and -ability- to perform (because lets face it, in Melee there was little evidence to justify Jiggz' placement outside of how it looks on paper for a while). I might personally disagree with some minor placement, such as low tiers, but that's always in heavy contention on who is the crappiest of the crap. (Answer: Craptain Falcon)

viparagon

Smash Ace
Lucario placing isa little high, but I can definely see it b/c of azen.
Toon link should be LOWER
Peach+perfect
Ness=perfect
Bowser+biggest problem with this list. >b+ grab release=/= mid tier.
Shiek= perfect
Ness=perfect
Rob should be below marth IMO
Top tier should be snake and meta, meta, or snake meta+d3
Pikachu=perfect. A relieve after seeing chillin's list
Link should be above Jiggs and ganon
At least you'll shut up the yoshi mains somewhat.
Captain deserves bottom tier if not garbadge tier
Luigi should be higher
Ness perfect
Mario perfect
Lucas perfect
Dk perfect
kirby=maybe a little higher
Shiek good
Zelda=fine, maybe a little lower
olimar=maybe a little higher
Ike =lower
Falco=maybe alittle higher
Fox=good maybe a little higher in the future
GaW+perfect, maybe below falco
Sonic=higher
Diddy=considerably lower, defineately worse than kirby

Great, of course, but I wish it was based a little more on tourney results.(tlink top mid)

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight
Snake
King DDD
Mr G&W
Falco
ROB

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
DK
Diddy
Pikachu
IC
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zamus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Shiek

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokemon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Cptn. Falcon
Hmmm... interesting. All characters in the Kirby franchise are in the Upper Tiers... However could that be, I wonder?

I don't care where Luigi is on that tier list, I main no one else! (But then again, I don't play competitively.)

Oh, and Ike is great for learning how to Power Shield.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Wow most of you guys have never played/seen a good Bowser before, have you? Bowser is most definitely worthy for mid tier.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Everyone understand when it comes to the crappiest of crap characters that captain falcon is the worst

The real debate is who is worst character between slots 2nd to last and like 6th to last

The other characters are pretty much set in stone

And YES

Somebody finally noticed that certain series perform better than others.

Thanks for having bias sakuri.

GofG

Smash Champion
Attached is a comparison of Ankoku's tournament rankings versus the Tier list.
Code:
SBR    |Ankoku
G&W    |Dedede
Falco  |Falco
R.O.B  |G&W
Marth  |Marth
Wario  |R.O.B
Lucario|Diddy
DK     |Lucario
Diddy  |DK
Pikachu|Kirby
ICs    |Wolf
Kirby  |Peach
Pit    |Pikachu
Wolf   |Olimar
TL     |ICs
Olimar |Pit
Fox    |Zamus
Zelda  |Fox
Zamus  |Ike
Bowser |Sonic
Luigi  |Lucas
Peach  |PT
Ike    |TL
Shiek  |Jiggs
Lucas  |Mario
Ness   |Zelda
Mario  |Shiek
PT     |Ness
Samus  |Luigi
Yoshi  |Bowser
Sonic  |Yoshi
Jiggs  |Samus
Ganon  |Link
Link   |Falcon
Falcon |Ganon
Interesting points: Peach is 10 slots lower in the tier list.

Bowser is 10 higher on the Tier List because of a phenomenon known as Gimpyfluence.

Toon link is 8 higher in the Tier List.

Luigi is 8 higher on the Tier list.

Most of the cast is 3-5 different. Top 8 and Bottom 3 are the same.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I'm sorry, can't help myself to comment.

Metaknight
Snake
King DDD
Sakurai, you biased ***.
Mr G&W
Falco
ROB

High
Marth
Wario
:laugh: I bet nobody EVER saw this coming!
Lucario
DK
Woah, awesome- main = High Tier? I think he could be a TEENSY bit higher, like RIGHT above Lucario.
Diddy
Equally awesome. Figured he'd be lower.
Pikachu
IC
Kirby
Pit
Wolf
OH WAT. He's better than Kirby & Pika.

Middle
Toon Link
??? I'm surprised he isn't Higher!
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zamus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Shiek

Low
Lucas
Ness
I figured we'd decided that Ness is better than Lucas as a given...
Mario
:/ This doesn't feel right...
Pokemon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
HE'S TOO LOW! Haha, seriously, I think he deserves it.
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
"OH TO BE- FOREEEEEVER LOW..."
Cptn. Falcon

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
From bad news to bad news :(

Sensei's top being banned, and now.... FALCON ON BOTTOM???
Eh falcon likes to be on bottom more anyways.

eh, it was gonna happen, my remarks are.

Falco, should be one more up imo.

and BOWSER?

Gemini77752

Smash Rookie
Bowser has tools he can use to wins, but he is too reliant on them to win consistently. however, His tools are more effective than the tools of those under him.
I and others understand Bowser has a few effective and useful tools (Bowsercide, anyone?), however, a few good attacks don't warrant such a high place on the tier list. If one or two attacks were all that mattered, then almost every character would be top tier, as most have one or two attacks that are great, or at least above average.

Marth does badly against those in the top tier, and since those are the majority of the characters you are going to see in tournaments Marth is a little lower than people thought he was.
Marth has a poor matchup against Snake. Maybe metaknight, but that's largely debated. He has neutral or advantageous matchups against every other character. Falco, D3 and R.O.B. also do poorly against MK/Snake. In fact, D3 has a vast multitude of horrible matchups. Therefore, your point is moot.

Link has of the crappiest recovery options, crappy anti-edgeguard options and his kill moves are slow as ****. He does well in the lower percentages where he can chain attacks together, but against quicker characters than him (IE : Tons of other characters) he has trouble killing them.
His tournament results and vast number of AT's say otherwise. Granted, he can't recover very well, but recovery isn't everything. It's a lot, but not enough to warrant making Link the second worst character on this tier list.

I find Luigi's place good. Why are you disagreeing?
See: Luigi's tournament results. This list seems to be based on them for Falco, D3 and R.O.B., but not for Marth, Luigi, Link or Bowser. It doesn't make any sense, and has yet to have been explained by anyone from TBR.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
hmm... this is interesting. i know you probably have a lot of requests like this, but an explanation as to why ganondorf and pokemon trainer are so low would be nice. Ganondorf still has his fast powerful jab, an excellent tech punisher (flame choke ftw) and moves that do like 20 damage apiece. All of pokemon trainer's pokemon are good in their own way, squirtle with his upsmash out of dash and nice speed, ivysaur with his overall nice range and projectiles, and charzard with his power, fair which is a nice edgeguard, spike, and overall long range.

I can see why they aren't exactly top due to their lack of ground speed, but I don't see how they wound up below peach, who from what i could tell got nerfed in every way except maybe her recovery (and everyone has a better recovery now anyway due to floatiness)

Snakeee

Smash Master
ZSS should and will be higher soon :).... I mean you put Bowser right next to her >_> Bowser should be much lower.
It's mostly good though, and I think Mario and Yoshi should also be higher.
I don't know about ROB being at the Top, but maybe I'm biased there because ZSS ***** him XD.

Foxy

Smash Master
hmm... this is interesting. i know you probably have a lot of requests like this, but an explanation as to why ganondorf and pokemon trainer are so low would be nice. Ganondorf still has his fast powerful jab, an excellent tech punisher (flame choke ftw) and moves that do like 20 damage apiece. All of pokemon trainer's pokemon are good in their own way, squirtle with his upsmash out of dash and nice speed, ivysaur with his overall nice range and projectiles, and charzard with his power, fair which is a nice edgeguard, spike, and overall long range.

I can see why they aren't exactly top due to their lack of ground speed, but I don't see how they wound up below peach, who from what i could tell got nerfed in every way except maybe her recovery (and everyone has a better recovery now anyway due to floatiness)
Being forced to learn 3 characters with PT makes him hard to play consistently at a pro level. Also, one of his pokemon has a tether recovery, the other have bad recoveries, and you have forced switches.

As for Ganon, I second him online and offline, and offline he's just not viable. Playing against faster/better characters is just impossible, because you just have so much more punishable lag in comparison and they can screw up a lot more than you can.

Sliq's Ganon is one of the best in the country and if you go watch some vids of him you can see how difficult it is to play Ganon in tournies.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I and others understand Bowser has a few effective and useful tools (Bowsercide, anyone?), however, a few good attacks don't warrant such a high place on the tier list. If one or two attacks were all that mattered, then almost every character would be top tier, as most have one or two attacks that are great, or at least above average.

Marth has a poor matchup against Snake. Maybe metaknight, but that's largely debated. He has neutral or advantageous matchups against every other character. Falco, D3 and R.O.B. also do poorly against MK/Snake. In fact, D3 has a vast multitude of horrible matchups. Therefore, your point is moot.

His tournament results and vast number of AT's say otherwise. Granted, he can't recover very well, but recovery isn't everything. It's a lot, but not enough to warrant making Link the second worst character on this tier list.

See: Luigi's tournament results. This list seems to be based on them for Falco, D3 and R.O.B., but not for Marth, Luigi, Link or Bowser. It doesn't make any sense, and has yet to have been explained by anyone from TBR.
I admit, I laughed. The only Character out of the four that is that far from his position in tournament results is Bowser.

And Gimpyfish said it himself. Bowser can only go down from now on.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Before I add to the complaining, I just want to say thanks for your hard work and for getting this out so soon. I have a few questions for those who were involved in making this list:

1) Why is Pit so high? His aerials seem pretty hard to follow up with, his recovery is pretty easily gimped (although I suppose that if you can't make it back to the stage with 5 jumps AND a glide, you deserve to die), and the range on his killing moves is almost non-existent. Perhaps it's another regional thing, but I don't think I've ever seen a Pit do particularly well in a tournament, at least here in the Northeast.

2) Why is Zelda so low? Din's Fire is amazing, and while most of her attacks can be DI'd out of, if they hit they can kill alot of the cast at Melee percentages. She has alot of the same problems as Pit, actually, but they don't seem as magnified as his are.

Those are my only problems with the list, although I'm a little confused by Wolf's high placement as well, although I will concede that I'm the one missing something in that case.

viparagon

Smash Ace
Everyone understand when it comes to the crappiest of crap characters that captain falcon is the worst

The real debate is who is worst character between slots 2nd to last and like 6th to last

The other characters are pretty much set in stone

And YES

Somebody finally noticed that certain series perform better than others.

Thanks for having bias sakuri.
I'm tired of all this ****ing sakurai hate. I mean, he Created the game we all love.
I'm sure he didn't mean to make some characters better than others. Kirby was the sole rep. of his series and third worst in melee. You'd think he hated kirby, not create him(and who doesn't like Kirby?). No one gets mad at him for making Falco and marth amazing in both melee and brawl, or Peach. But if his characters happen to turn out better than the rest, he gets flamed; by the people who enjoy his game the most. its sad...

M4r10 f0r 73h 70p 713r5

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Think of it this way:

Who is manly enough to take the bottom spot on the tier list and still be manly?
I look at it as the reverse of the tier list is the manliness rankings.

You heard it here first. Jigglypuff. Is manlier. Than Solid Snake.

Epic.
--------------------------------------
Personally, there are a few things that I have to raise my right eyebrow at (Zamus seems really low, IMO, especially in comparison to Toon Link, although that may just be my bias), but by and large this list is incredibly accurate.

My only major qualm, which I absolutely must strenuously object to, is that Falcon is not Low Tier. He is Falcon Tier.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Pikachu's tourney results moved him to high tier?

I like this list because Falco is in the top 5 :)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Metaknight
Snake
Mr G&W
Falco
ROB

High
Marth
King DDD
Zelda
Diddy
Wario
Wolf
Toon Link
Kirby
Olimar
Fox
Luigi

Middle
Pokemon Trainer
Pikachu
Peach
Lucas
Ness
Pit
Zamus
Mario
Lucario
DK
Bowser
Sheik
Ike

Low
IC
Yoshi
Samus
Ganondorf
Cptn. Falcon
Sonic
Link
Jigglypuff

my personal tier list. just my own opinion, and i know you guys have very different opinions than me, just showing my thoughts on what my personal placing of characters would be (based on my current perspective)

(hopefully it is more accurate than the original)

Veril

Frame Savant
AH! Angry smash players SMASH BR! SMASH SSBB! FLAME EVERYTHING!

Thanks BR folks for all your work on this list. I mean, I f***ing hate it but don't really disagree.

I'm still gonna main Lucas and Bowser. Who knows? There's always the next list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom