• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
Bob Dole thinks Bob Dole likes Captain Falcon. Therefore Bob Dole does not like this tier list because it makes Bob Dole unhappy as Bob Dole believes Captain Falcon deserves top tier.

Bob Dole.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
well english is not my mother language so i kinda having trouble expression everything so if you dont understand my grammar too bad so sad cause i dont care.
So what? English isn't my native tongue either, but still I know how to write at least correct enough so people understand me. If you're that bad in English, then don't come to an English board. Problem solved - for both of us.
And if you don't care, then please leave immediately - people like you make me throw up a little every time I read their postings.

Also, double posters deserve to die.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I think the list is really good considering how early on this is. The only one that I really disagree with is Falco, I feel like he should switch places with DeDeDe. DeDeDe has a few bad match's that can really give him trouble. But both are very good and I can see them being very close.

I'm just plain disappointed with Toon Link too. I agree with his placing but it's just sad. I think we all know he has potential, I just don't understand why no one has tapped into it yet. As good as he looks on paper it's hard to understand why he does so bad in tourney's.

All together though a very good list.

Lovely

Smash Lord
I like the Ice Climbers placement, Samus could had been at least..... low middle tier, (too many people picking Zamus D:), and Kirby is at a good spot too. No complant's here, just that more people need to win with Samus. ;p

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
D:

Harsh are we?
Yes. In this case I am. If he is "lolololol spelngz s onyl 4 idiotz lololol, i dun cra wat u think", I'm harsh. English not as native tongue respectively "it's only the internet" are no valid reasons for having bad spelling. If he doesn't care half of the people are not able to read his post (I wasn't able to, for example) that means only half of the people will eventually answer him.

And doubleposting is without any excuses, needless to say.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Yes. In this case I am. If he is "lolololol spelngz s onyl 4 idiotz lololol, i dun cra wat u think", I'm harsh. English not as native tongue respectively "it's only the internet" are no valid reasons for having bad spelling. If he doesn't care half of the people are not able to read his post (I wasn't able to, for example) that means only half of the people will eventually answer him.

Although i dislike incorrect grammar and double posting as much as the next guy...

normally i would insult you here because of your ignorance, but i don't want to start a flame war (yeah i'm watching myself coreygames)...i just can't watch someone be a complete tool and not say anything.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I guess I can't say I'm not biased with me being a Mario main, but the harshness of saying that Mario is not tourney viable at all strikes me as odd, cause everyone is tourney viable in Brawl, just some better than others. But when you also take into account all of the strategies, mindgames, and skills each character does, everyone has -some- chance against others, even the top-tiers. (Except Metaknight. That is the only character where I'll say Mario is doomed).
Mario seems not to have anything better than a 25-75 match-up out of his favor with any of the Sacred Seven. As far as I'm concerned, that must mean he's not tourney viable. I mean, unless you want to lose, in which case you're right about every character being viable. I don't think that I'll ever lose to a Mario as Marth (not that I'm better than every Mario player) because Mario lacks the tools to beat Marth.

Don't worry about it, HeroMystic. BTW Pierce, I wasn't trying to compare top tier characters like Meta Knight or Falco to begin with. (I'm just gonna face it that MK is an overpowered, overprioritized freak of nature. XD) I'm just saying that Mario doesn't deserve to be at low tier and as I said before, Mario has the abilities to help him avoid being on the wrong end of a situation. Also, you must be kidding if you're saying that the cape was better in Melee than in Brawl. (I'm not gonna go further with that subject because this is a thread pertaining to the tier list.) Morale of my posts about Mario here: Don't EVER underestimate Mario or you will learn the hard way.
Mario IS low tier. He's UNDERbalanced. He lacks any kind of significant advantage, and has low range and priority. Coupled with being midweight, and having a poor recovery, he's low tier. Cape in Melee had more range, and turned around people even if they shielded. Due to our different regional locations, I don't think you'll ever get the opportunity to "teach me a lesson," but trust me when I say that it's highly unlikely that your Mario or anyone elses will beat my Marth.

Okay, you got me there... :p
@hyperknee: Alright, so I don't know much about how tier lists work, but I don't care because they don't apply to me. I do know this: there are counters for every character, including Meta Knight. I'm going to stop here about that because I don't want to start a flame war about Brawl and Melee or anything like that.
What very little respect you manage to gather, you're losing very quickly. You keep throwing out false claims, with no references, evidence to back it up, or personal knowledge or experience. Metaknight has no hard counters at this time from what we can tell. We thought that Snake might be the one, but this has recently not been so. Metaknight is the ONLY counter for Marth.

billyandrocky

Smash Rookie
I didn't read all 68 pages, but could someone explain how Captain Falcon is lower than Ganondorf? They're the same ****ty character, but falcon is MUCH faster. You can shield against almost all of Ganon's attacks pretty easily. And I believe his recovery is worse than Falcon's

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Although i dislike incorrect grammar and double posting as much as the next guy...

normally i would insult you here because of your ignorance, but i don't want to start a flame war (yeah i'm watching myself coreygames)...i just can't watch someone be a complete tool and not say anything.
I'm not a tool. If I were, I would say that people should give a sh*t about grammar, because that's the common opinion. But yeah, I'll stop here.

@billyandrocky:
Falcon may be faster, but his attacks have been nerfed, and most of his moves are pretty punishable. Speed does not make up the lack of power. I can see Ganon being above Falcon, but the distance is not much (as you can see yourself)

ambrosia

Smash Rookie
no females are good! the highest female you get is ice climbers and that has a male with her! the next is in the middle tier with zelda! nintendo!!! sexiam

Danteh

Smash Cadet
****, I have Snake and MK as mains and wanted Marth as my third main. But he is not Top Tier grwaaarwww. Guess I'll have to play DDD more.

YES I'M A TIER ***** MUAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA

LOLZZMUAHAHAHAHHAHA

10captainfalcons

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
It doesn't matter if Mario is low tier. Even if he was the only Bottom Tier, I'd never stop playing with him.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Going into every thread and saying "reported lololololol" is also for idiots >_>

Puddin

Smash Lord

You seem to be forgetting that THIS IS THE INTERNET. Nothing, absolutely NOTHING is to be taken seriously.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
MK is not THE BEST character in Brawl because tier lists don't work as well in Brawl.
Tires don exits!

I loled, tiers work for any game where there differences. They just might be more difficult to find in some.

We never claimed to be making a tier list based on tourney placements.
Lol, very funny.

Yeah, I know what you meant, tournament results aren't the only factor, but still.

And you still might wanna learn Marth's match-ups better, I know you meant exactly what you said on that post.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Crud, Samus is more lower than I thought she would be. Well, I better make sure to read up more on her match-ups.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
I didn't read all 68 pages, but could someone explain how Captain Falcon is lower than Ganondorf? They're the same ****ty character, but falcon is MUCH faster. You can shield against almost all of Ganon's attacks pretty easily. And I believe his recovery is worse than Falcon's

And Falcon has next to no attack priority. Ganondorf does.

Frown

poekmon
Captain Falcon has no priority and no killing power.

Ganondorf can give 30+ damage with many attacks, and his forwardB to dsmash is real nice.

.Marik

is a social misfit
But since tiers are only based on tournament results, (mostly) it may not be the whole truth to what characters are better....

PrinceMarthX

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon has no priority and no killing power.

Ganondorf can give 30+ damage with many attacks, and his forwardB to dsmash is real nice.
Falcon has plenty of killing power but landing the attacks is another matter.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I honestly cannot see why Captain Falcon is at the absolute bottom! He was amazing in Melee... and like, I said, even though it depends more on the actual player, do you guys want to see a video where Captain Falcon literally ***** Samus?

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Its funny the fact that the only marth counter is MK becase he outranges (crazy dtilt), and the fact that marth has trouble against proyectiles, not being MK a proyectile user and every character with a proyectile having a bad or neutral matchup against marth so far.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
He was amazing in Melee...
Which is no reason to put him higher.

and like, I said, even though it depends more on the actual player
Tiers do not say that character A definitely wins over character B. Sure, a good Captain Falcon can defeat Meta Knight. But if the players are equally good, Meta Knight has higher potential to beat Captain Falcon.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yes, that may be true. I also said that there's advantages and disadvantages, in previous posts. But still, Captain Falcon, at the bottom? What the hell's up with that? :ohwell:

And also, Mr. Game And Watch is hard to use, but has potential. Probably why he's top tier.

*Edit* Weird, it won't let me quote your post...

Directed at SpadeFox

Frown

poekmon
I honestly cannot see why Captain Falcon is at the absolute bottom! He was amazing in Melee... and like, I said, even though it depends more on the actual player, do you guys want to see a video where Captain Falcon literally ***** Samus?
No, I don't.

Please, use the word "litterally" with care.

EDIT: Pwning Samus isn't anything special anyway.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
mark my words: sonic will climb higher on that tier list.

other than that, i think the tier list is fairly reasonable tho.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
But since tiers are only based on tournament results, (mostly) it may not be the whole truth to what characters are better....
Not true. You don't know how they are developed because you were not involved.

Rofl. why would Melee have any bearing on Brawl tiers? You might as well say that Mario should be top tier because he collected so many stars in Mario64.

Yes, that may be true. I also said that there's advantages and disadvantages, in previous posts. But still, Captain Falcon, at the bottom? What the hell's up with that? :ohwell:

And also, Mr. Game And Watch is hard to use, but has potential. Probably why he's top tier.
You got it backwards. Mr. G&W is easy to use.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Characters with potential that I can see raising them up on the tier list in the future:

Yoshi, Sonic, Pokemon Trainer, Samus

Characters I can see going down because of limits:

Dedede, Snake, Bowser (or maybe I am just biased against the potential of heavy characters. Dedede is my secondary, and I certainly do feel a lot of limits when I play the likes of Diddy Kong.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom