• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
We'll see that soon enough. If people really believe, that Bowsers grab Releases will have a major impact on his match-ups, they will show up on tournaments sooner or later and proof, that Bowsers ranking is justified

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I don't know, it's REALLY subjective because they're right next to each other in the tiers so it doesn't really matter much anyway. Moving up two spots over Luigi and Bowser does seem sensible to me though. With glide tossing giving her ground speed, and float aerials having great priority, Peach can develop an offensive game much better than Bowser and Luigi can muster. Both of them are greatly limited by their horizontal speed, and I can't see either of them winning against the likes of Diddy and Falco. Peach is another story... I think she can.

D

Deleted member

Why the heck do some people think Ike's too high? There are 24 characters better than him.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Exactly. :laugh: He is too high

No but seriously...it's not about how many characters are above him, it's about who is below him on this list.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I can see this Tier List changing rather easily in the future, but only only to some degree.

I still hope characters like Ganon can get higher, and even characters like Mario. But higher characters...

Theseveredtoe

Smash Rookie
Can some one explain to me why Falcon is supposedly the worst character in the game i just cant wrap my head around it. How is he worse than yoshi and gannon was i just naturally good with cf when i first started or what?

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
How about this change that no one has been commenting on?
MK
Snake
DDD

Very high/ high
G&W
Falco
ROB
Marth
Wario

High/upper
Lucario
DK
and the rest

for my evidence look back to old posts on like page 113. I personally like a more clear tier list than the one pulled out by the SBR, and as tournament rankings go my editions do hold accuracy with ankoku's chart as refernce and the synopisis of big tournies(Axis,BIO,EVO, esticle, cyberjocks to name a few)

PowerBomb

Smash Master
How about this change that no one has been commenting on?
MK
Snake
DDD

Very high/ high
G&W
Falco
ROB
Marth
Wario

High/upper
Lucario
DK
and the rest

for my evidence look back to old posts on like page 113. I personally like a more clear tier list than the one pulled out by the SBR, and as tournament rankings go my editions do hold accuracy with ankoku's chart as refernce and the synopisis of big tournies(Axis,BIO,EVO, esticle, cyberjocks to name a few)
I'd like to see Dedede down a spot or two, but thats just me. I think G&W should be in Dedede's place.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
Originally Posted by PowerBomb
I'd like to see Dedede down a spot or two, but thats just me. I think G&W should be in Dedede's place.

That's the problem DDD is automatcially gonna get you far in a tourney with a simple CG, while you actually have to have mindgames to thrive with a character like G&W(not saying he's bad, he is a great character) DDD's tournament succes overrides his weak matchups and the consensus of the smash community is that he will remain a top tier character really by his CG.
Heres a good way to show you why DDD deserves that top tier spot rather than G&W.
Cuba is death, a very skilled marth who goes to tons of tourneys was playing a skilled rob from another crew at a tourney. Cuba is death said if he did'nt win his first match against the rob with marth, he would switch to DDD for what he said was an "automatic win". I strangly also have the same mains marth for most competitive play and DDD as my alternate when my marth as a bad match-up. DDD CG breaks the game in such a way that it put him into the top tier almost automatcially beacuse although he is truly a slow character with only a few good moves(bair, uptilt,side b,f tilt) the CG gives him extremly easy tournament sucess, of which the SBR bases their tiers on, so it would be ignorant to not recognize DDD as a top tier because his CG will at times give him an "auto win".
I personally like G&W and i play my friend who plays him well, but DDD's cg is too much
DDD doesn't deserve to be 3rd best.
He doesent deserve that spot, he is all around a medicre character but that CG breaks the game and gives him easy tournament wins. He will never deserve that spot, but you have to recognize the effectiveness of his CG that racks up easy damage on even skilled tournament players, and so DDD will remain a top tier character until the community finds a way around his CG

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Originally Posted by PowerBomb

That's the problem DDD is automatcially gonna get you far in a tourney with a simple CG, while you actually have to have mindgames to thrive with a character like G&W(not saying he's bad, he is a great character) DDD's tournament succes overrides his weak matchups and the consensus of the smash community is that he will remain a top tier character really by his CG.
Heres a good way to show you why DDD deserves that top tier spot rather than G&W.
Cuba is death, a very skilled marth who goes to tons of tourneys was playing a skilled rob from another crew at a tourney. Cuba is death said if he did'nt win his first match against the rob with marth, he would switch to DDD for what he said was an "automatic win". I strangly also have the same mains marth for most competitive play and DDD as my alternate when my marth as a bad match-up. DDD CG breaks the game in such a way that it put him into the top tier almost automatcially beacuse although he is truly a slow character with only a few good moves(bair, uptilt,side b,f tilt) the CG gives him extremly easy tournament sucess, of which the SBR bases their tiers on, so it would be ignorant to not recognize DDD as a top tier because his CG will at times give him an "auto win".
I personally like G&W and i play my friend who plays him well, but DDD's cg is too much

He doesent deserve that spot, he is all around a medicre character but that CG breaks the game and gives him easy tournament wins. He will never deserve that spot, but you have to recognize the effectiveness of his CG that racks up easy damage on even skilled tournament players, and so DDD will remain a top tier character until the community finds a way around his CG
Pick a character that can't be chaingrabbed and can kill him fairly early.........Zelda. Simple as that. I believe there are other characters that can't be chaingrabbed if i'm not mistaken.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
Pick a character that can't be chaingrabbed and can kill him fairly early.........Zelda. Simple as that. I believe there are other characters that can't be chaingrabbed if i'm not mistaken.
The list is short, with two top/high tier characters that can't actually be CG'ed that will be at almost every tourney are MK(always at a $ tourney) and G&W, there are not many Zelda/sheik users in tournies so DDD doesent have to put up with actually playing "fairly" and with just two characters the will be at tournies that cannot be CG by the Dthrow, DDD can still CG Snake, DDD,falco,rob and marth and wario, all of which are typically at any tourney and thus it makes it easy/almost always for a CG'ing DDD to rank high(at least in top 16), handling MK and G&W/ having mediocre match-ups, is mainly he reason why DDD is not higher on the list beacuse it is guaranteed that there will be an MK at a tourney, thus causing a problem for him, yet DDD will stil rank high and it remains evident that the CG gives in tournament sucess of a top tier character

-Mars-

Smash Hero
The list is short, with two top/high tier characters that can't actually be CG'ed that will be at almost every tourney are MK(always at a $ tourney) and G&W, there are not many Zelda/sheik users in tournies so DDD doesent have to put up with actually playing "fairly" and with just two characters the will be at tournies that cannot be CG by the Dthrow, DDD can still CG Snake, DDD,falco,rob and marth and wario, all of which are typically at any tourney and thus it makes it easy/almost always for a CG'ing DDD to rank high(at least in top 16), handling MK and G&W/ having mediocre match-ups, is mainly he reason why DDD is not higher on the list beacuse it is guaranteed that there will be an MK at a tourney, thus causing a problem for him, yet DDD will stil rank high and it remains evident that the CG gives in tournament sucess of a top tier character
I agree that he forces you to counterpick, but his counterpicks are all really severe. Every player should go into a tournament having a decent DDD counterpick available if need be, he's ok without the chaingrab, but he becomes mid high tier imo without his chaingrab.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Does Ness deserve to be above Mario? I keep asking but I haven't really gotten any straight answers.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Neither of them deserve to be in Low tier

And yes, DDDs 3rd place is well justified

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget, DDD has very heavy weight, great priority, and he can kill MK and G&W with a utilt at around 90%
Yet overall the majority of his moveset is very easily telegraoghed and slow to come out except for the utilt,bair,side b and ftilt;all of which, walong with the use of the CG, are the standards and truly effective moves DDD has in the metagame. Yes the utilt is quick but DI can help a bit(MK and G&W can surivive just a little bit motr from a utilt if they DI correctly, but it does leave DDD very open to a MK or G&W dsmash which will kill at percentages everyone likes(except DDD, lol) or in the perspective DDD handful of moves used have high priority and is weight does help him, yet wihout the CG, M and G&W can expoilt his slowness and his size to "combo" and also MK and G&W have more versatile movesets then DDD which use the majority of the moves the have so it gives MK and G&W more options. DDD is my tourney alternate, yet when I play MK or G&W, I know that match up will be almost impossible to win against a skilled and versatile MK or G&W

I agree that he forces you to counterpick, but his counterpicks are all really severe. Every player should go into a tournament having a decent DDD counterpick available if need be, he's ok without the chaingrab, but he becomes mid high tier imo without his chaingrab.
In my opinion he's too slow with just a handful of good moves, thus limiting his ability to adapt to the situation and change mindgames as his metagame revolves around a few moves. The weight is a good thing, but doesent make up for his movepool and slowness in an already slow game. Without the CG DDD would be placing low in my opinion

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Franzy aint exactly the most popular vidja game character ever, ya know.
But.... She's awesome!

Can some one explain to me why Falcon is supposedly the worst character in the game i just cant wrap my head around it. How is he worse than yoshi and gannon was i just naturally good with cf when i first started or what?
Lack of hitstun... it just ***** him in high-leveled play.

He could've still been pretty good if he was able to true combo better so he could punish mistakes really well, but lack of hitstun killed that.

Beyond that, priority and range are his major things. For pete's safe, Ganondorf's dtilt is a safe poking move against him when properly spaced.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I think the real question is: How is Bowser slightly better than Peach?
Bowser is nowhere near as good as Peach. Some tier lists have Peach as a high tier character. She's one of the more technical characters in this game and has a lot of different possibilities with combos and multiple kill moves; her usmash kills some characters at around 85% if you tip it. She can also chaingrab all three spacies to around 30-40%. This works on other characters but not as well. So how exactly does whoever think Bowser is almost or as good as Peach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom