• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Could someone please explain to me why C. Falcon is the lowest of the low?
All of his moves were nerfed, and his combo abilities as well, falcon punch was nerfed, Falcon punchs speed was nerfed, falcon kick was nerfed, a lot of bad matchups, every thing about him is bad

Alphicans

Smash Hero
His moves weren't nerfed, that's the common misconception people make when analyzing C.falcon. All of his moves are pretty good... Individually. What hurts him is the game's physics, horrible approach, and lack of combos. Oh and everyone else got upgraded, falcon just kinda stayed the same, and got butchered by the physics.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Might wanna bump Wario up to top. Hes got so much potential going for him, and hes very good against a lot of the top tier bar MK and D3
except wario gets wrecked by too many characters to really go up to top imo, heck even bowser can run all over him as soon as he grabs him, and don't get me started on weegi ****.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
riiight,then what happend to fox,sheik,falco, and marth,eh?
That has nothing to do with anything. The characters are brand new characters and should be judged as such.

Marth is high, Sheik and Fox are MID, Falco is top.

That's just how things are now.

They are BRAWL characters, not CHANGED MELEE characters.

Falcon should be judged that way as well. The so-called Melee nerf has nothing to do with how good he is now compared to the rest of the brawl cast.

Get what I'm saying?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I don't think that is a fair thing to say. Lots of their moves are the same. I think saying they got "nerfed" is alright, even if they are brawl characters now and not melee. When you got only one thing to compare them to, then compare them.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
It's not about comparing them to their former counter parts. It's about comparing them to each other as Brawl characters.

So what if Falcon and Jigglypuff's moves look the same? They have different effectiveness in the Brawl engine, different hitstuns, hitlags, trajectories... They are completely different characters despite how they look.

In fact, probably the BIGGEST reason that people looked down on Falcon (and Jigglypuff and Sheik, for that matter) is because they weren't impressed with the new movesets. They were similar, but they couldn't do the same things they did in Melee.

However, Jigglypuff and Sheik aren't "bad" by any means. They can use their movesets with a lot of effectiveness still, but it's just a lot different from Melee.

Falcon is pretty bad, yes... but not because they they "nerfed" him from Melee. Yeah, maybe they purposely reduced his speed in the transition so he couldn't combo as well... But still. The game's engine is completely different, so that's irrelevant. Brawl falcon is Brawl falcon.

M@v

Subarashii!
He is saying comparing brawl to melee in terms of tier lists is like comparing apples to oranges, they are not the same. The physics are completely different. That makes the characters a lot different. Example, fox is still the fastest faller in brawl like he was in melee. Look at the difference in speed.

TL, Fox, and oli all got potential to make it to high tier; they just gotta place better in tourneys, and get more metagame advancement. And oli has to somehow overcome his tether weakness.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
All of his smashes are good, his arials are pretty good to. PK fire, I've found, is a really good spam move. His recovery isn't nearly as bad as ness's, and can't be "absorbed." His grabs aren't that good I'll admit, but what else is stopping him?

Barge

All of his smashes are good, his arials are pretty good to. PK fire, I've found, is a really good spam move. His recovery isn't nearly as bad as ness's, and can't be "absorbed." His grabs aren't that good I'll admit, but what else is stopping him?
He also has a tether recovery if PKT is too risky at that distance (bouncing off ledge, getting punished) and most of his smashs/tilts hit more then once.
And he has an awesome jump, I do think he should be higher =/

GrayPlague

Smash Apprentice
Barge said:
He also has a tether recovery if PKT is too risky at that distance
Yes, because tether recoveries are excellent and impossible to punish. >.>

Barge said:
most of his smashs/tilts hit more then once.
Doesn't matter much if they don't hit. The "Most Useful Smash Attacks" award goes to G&W, not Lucas. Lucas' may be powerful, but are soooo slow.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yes, smashes are a brilliant justification as to why Lucas should be higher!

LOL STRONG SMASHES :D :D :D

Just...no.
I also said he has good aerials and can spam pretty good with PK fire, and his recovery is good. Come to think of it, edge guarding with PK thunder is really good to.

Barge

Yes, because tether recoveries are excellent and impossible to punish. >.>

Doesn't matter much if they don't hit. The "Most Useful Smash Attacks" award goes to G&W, not Lucas. Lucas' may be powerful, but are soooo slow.
I know, tether recoveries are impossible to gimp they're the best ever.

Did you not read my post? I said IF PKT2 IS AT AN UNSAFE DISTANCE.

Jesus christ.

And, like you said, it doesn't matter if G&W's smashes are good, because if they don't hit, they're useless.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Tether recoveries aren't bad per se, as long as it's just another recovery option...like Zamus, Samus, Tink or Lucas...

Barge

Tether recoveries aren't bad per se, as long as it's just another recovery option...like Zamus, Samus, Tink or Lucas...
I'm just saying, Zair is a safe recovery option, that is if your not being ledge hogged

You'd have to be stupid to use it when being ledge hogged

erizo

Smash Rookie
Agreed.

Back on topic, I think Lucas isn't higher because, Unfortunately, Brawl is now contaminated by chain grabs and we know Lucas/Ness suffer more than anyone else on that.

Barge

Agreed.

Back on topic, I think Lucas isn't higher because, Unfortunately, Brawl is now contaminated by chain grabs and we know Lucas/Ness suffer more than anyone else on that.
Almost everyone can cg them LOL, especially ness

erizo

Smash Rookie
Almost everyone can cg them LOL, especially ness
I'm not saying it's the sole purpose of Lucas being at a low tier, trying to get back on topic as well giving another reason instead of going emo about TTRecoveries.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
I think Ness is awesome and deserves to be higher up, but I can't think of anybody on the list that he's lower than, yet significantly better than.

:(

Darkslash

Smash Master
I think Ness is awesome and deserves to be higher up, but I can't think of anybody on the list that he's lower than, yet significantly better than.

:(
sorry but i don't think Awesomeness helps

lulz si wut i did thar?
Though i am happy Wolf is High Teir, and because i frantically searched for him in SSE, i have a good excuse that i didn't jumped on a bandwagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom