• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Jigglypuff has a lot more going for her then Failcon does.

Recovery, She actually packs more power (Fsmash and rollout is a great KO percent) Shes only light. Maybe if she ate as much as kirby does, she could be up higher?

I don't think Failcon will move at all.
rollout isn't as cool as show me your moves... but i guess it IS more efficient. lol

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
lol @ anyone calling Jiggs the worst...I can give you lots of reasons why Jiggs >>> Falcon.

- Jiggs grab game rules. She has a good grab range, all her throws deal 10% or more and fthrow is the perfect setup for gimps
- She has some dangerous tech chase moves, especially Rest
- She is one of the best edgeguards in the game
- Her size is as helpful as MKs (small + big shield) but she's so floaty that she can't be grab released
- She is 100% immune to all combos, CGs, whatever
- Her fair has a nice sweetspot which is more reliable (and almost as srong) an CFs knee.
- She has a really good aerial game and amazing mobiliy to make spacing extremely hard.

Ganondorf is also good amounts better than Falcon: He has one of the best dairs in the game, is harder to edgehog, lives longer, has a good techchase and a better down B and 3 AC aerials. Captain Falcon is beyond doubt the worst character in the game...there isn't anything good about him, with some very few exceptions (Neutral A...Uair...). He honestly belongs in his own tier, which is a whole tier lower than the next characters above him: Ganon, Link, Lucas, ....

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
- Jiggs grab game rules. She has a good grab range, all her throws deal 10% or more and fthrow is the perfect setup for gimps
Just who is she going to gimp? None of her throws set up ANYTHING, anymore.

- She has some dangerous tech chase moves, especially Rest
She did in Melee, back when there was some hitstun. She can't reliably tech chase with Rest in Brawl.

- She is one of the best edgeguards in the game
No, her edge guarding is CRAP, now. Again, due to the lack of hitstun. Her wall of pain has become a molehill of mild discomfort.

- Her size is as helpful as MKs (small + big shield) but she's so floaty that she can't be grab released
Meta Knight has a big donking sword with range. Jigglypuff's size doesn't do her any more good than Squirtle's, since she doesn't have that range to work with.

- She is 100% immune to all combos, CGs, whatever
Big deal. If she could be CGed, she wouldn't be usable AT ALL.

- Her fair has a nice sweetspot which is more reliable (and almost as srong) an CFs knee.
Yes, but she has to use it a lot more than Falcon needs the knee, making it extremely difficult to keep the move fresh.

- She has a really good aerial game and amazing mobiliy to make spacing extremely hard.
Again, if this were Melee, perhaps. But her aerial game doesn't scare ANYONE in Brawl.

ALL of this aside, she still doesn't have the tournament results to back any of it up. And tournament results are, again, the primary factor in determining tier positioning. Falcon absolutely KILLS her in terms of tournament usage.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
No, it was bad even when it first came out. (Although ironically, my character did relatively well on it for the time.)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Everyone dissing Jiggs needs to quit looking at Melee Jiggs. I can say most of the same stuff about all the other characters that transitioned over to Brawl and got worse. (Fox and Peach among others)

Look at what she has in this game.
-She's invulnerable to combos and CGs.
-She has a guaranteed dair->rest combo on the whole cast that kills at obscenely low percents as well as being able to DI multihit moves into rest.
-She has fantastic aerial manuverability which helps with avoiding and baiting attacks.
-One of the best recoveries.
-Her edgeguarding is one of the best in the game.
-Her dash grab is among the best in the game.
-She has a great tech chasing game in rollout.
-A usable jab lock with some setups.

She has some things going for her. :p

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It's all good, but now compare those specs she has with someone else's. Most can easily avoid what you just mentioned. Probably Ganon can't...but doesn't she get KOd with his jab at like 50%? lol jk

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
You have to rack damage first to get her to that low percent- which can be difficult because she's so floaty and light. You've got to factor in her aerial maneuverability which can make it difficult to hit her as well her. This also helps her avoid kill moves. Her awesome recovery helps her stay alive too. ALSO factor in how low she can kill you with rollout, offstage WoPs, rests, and occasionally jab locks. She has a lot of things about her that help deal with her weight issue. It's not just "kill her at 50". >_>

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
How do ya'll think Ganon'll fare in the next list. I'm really hopin' for maybe 5th worst instead of 3rd worst...dunno though.

What does everyone have against Ganon, huh?

gantrain05

Smash Master
well they may ban Dedede's CG infinite.

Anyways i cant wait for jan 5
no they won't the SBR isn't going to ban anything other than pretty much what has been banned in the first couple months of brawls release, they are just using the same exact criteria they used for melee, which imo, is a mistake.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
I honestly don't see Ganondorf going much anywhere but the absolute worst.

Many of his moves lag, he has no off-edge game besides the predictable dair, he's obviously slow, and he has absolutely no approaching options that won't be UBERLY predictable or avoidable in the near future.

He doesn't really have any combo potential that other characters DON'T HAVE, so you're looking at a character who relies solely on excessive defense in order to get a single hit on ( can't successfully land an approach attack), and most of your hits will end after right there, considering his speed and move lag.

People are interested in Falcon more, and Falcon is quicker; he will easily be above Gdorf at some point.

Link still has projectiles--which are VITAL in brawl--which he can spam. Plus, he has a pretty ridiculous hitbox in his usmash--which is almost as broken as Zelda's.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
why is all this talk about ganon so heavily argued?

lol
well i guess that's what the thread is for... idk
i don't know how bad exactly he is, but i know he's fun as hell vs a falcon in friendlies on SMASHVILLE BABY

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
IMO Ganon is not powerful enough to compensate for all of his lag, but I do like his aerials though.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I think Falcon can do better than worse character. I still think that Ganon is the worst. Sure his power and priority is better than Falcon's, but Ganon is so easy to predict and he's easy to gimp, and he doesn't have the mobility to really dance with the best.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
he can dance with the beast tho. lol

falcon's more mobile. that's my favorite thing about him.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
So the new tier list is coming Jan. 5th, right?
I REALLY can't wait to see it...
Why? Every list ( until a certain point) will change, and often with pretty significant differences, only to outdone over the next few updates. Every list seems to feature characters in whom I see potential placed about a whole tier lower than I think they should, only because no one wants to play them. Then one player does well in a tournament with that character and everyone follows suit and they work with them until what was truly obvious was made clear to those who don't know their butt from their rear end until someone who's popular tells them so.

This list will probably feature things like Mario moving up because of serious combo potential, wolf moving down because no one is playing him and his metagame is all-of-a-sudden limited, Diddy will move up because his users have been playing great since the last was established--it's so obvious that even an idiot couldn't deny it--and maybe Olimar moves up a little because of his obviously near-broken camp game which somehow wasn't noticeably strong enough before to make him higher. Also, Snakee has probably kicked enough butt with ZSS to show the tier whoring players how easy it is to win with her.
( the tier whores being the majority of people who have influence here *cough*)

And maybe DK will move up, too.

But they're going to miss things like Ness's arial/ PK thunder combo potential and Peach's combo potential, so they won't be moved up until later because of the lack of time spent playing them in total and playing them not identically to how she was played in Melee.

But maybe I'm just ranting....

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
maybe you should be in the SBR for brawl. lol
i mean... you obviously have issues with the list.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
no they won't the SBR isn't going to ban anything other than pretty much what has been banned in the first couple months of brawls release, they are just using the same exact criteria they used for melee, which imo, is a mistake.
meh no. it's not a mistake, the infinites don't warrant a ban... but hey if you didn't listen to us in the ban discussion thread what's the point of further arguing this eh?
let's just wait and see what the SBR comes up with.

Galaxy

Smash Journeyman
Why? Every list ( until a certain point) will change, and often with pretty significant differences, only to outdone over the next few updates. Every list seems to feature characters in whom I see potential placed about a whole tier lower than I think they should, only because no one wants to play them. Then one player does well in a tournament with that character and everyone follows suit and they work with them until what was truly obvious was made clear to those who don't know their butt from their rear end until someone who's popular tells them so.

This list will probably feature things like Mario moving up because of serious combo potential, wolf moving down because no one is playing him and his metagame is all-of-a-sudden limited, Diddy will move up because his users have been playing great since the last was established--it's so obvious that even an idiot couldn't deny it--and maybe Olimar moves up a little because of his obviously near-broken camp game which somehow wasn't noticeably strong enough before to make him higher. Also, Snakee has probably kicked enough butt with ZSS to show the tier whoring players how easy it is to win with her.

But they're going to miss things like Ness's arial/ PK thunder combo potential and Peach's combo potential, so they won't be moved up until later because of the lack of time spent playing them in total and playing them not identically to how she was played in Melee.

They are doing it every 6 months so it will be updated better.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

where do you live,

you should come to the tourneys in rochester, because this post is so wrong that i would have to speak to you in person to explain it all...

that, and we like more people to come to the tourneys

TP

Smash Master
I honestly don't see Ganondorf going much anywhere but the absolute worst.

Many of his moves lag, he has no off-edge game besides the predictable dair, [...]
I also expect Ganon to come out on bottom, but you are so, so wrong. Uair is his main spiking move, is main aerial, his main off edge move, his main recovering attack, his main everything. It is literally his fastest move and has nearly no lag at all. Its range is sick and it kills at about 100%. It is unquestionably his best move. Next time you play as Ganon, jump and press up on the C-stick. You'll see what I mean.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lol I was just about to mention his uair =D

Well said Twilight Prince =D

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Ganon's Uair stagespikes... A LOT. o_o

Hyperstation showed me that Ganon is actually okay in the air and offstage thanks to his Uair.

He's still pretty bad offstage though.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
where do you live,

you should come to the tourneys in rochester, because this post is so wrong that i would have to speak to you in person to explain it all...

that, and we like more people to come to the tourneys
Why? I know that was for humorous exageration, but you can edit things on here and make progress at your own pace. It's easier. No excuses for not being able to actually thumb out your ideas for why you think I'm wrong.

I couldn't care less that you do, but...is all you can do just " this post is so wrong"?

I'm actually near Glens Falls, but that really isn't close to Rochester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom