• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Indeed =(...

Pikachu is really good, he cgs tons of characters, he doesnt get ***** by anybody really, he beats D3 and snake and does ok vs MK, thunder is a rediculous kill move combined with QAC(can follow DI and call lightning from the sky at the same time), nair is good, amazing ledgecamping, up air combos into other stuff, fair combos into other stuff etc etc.

He shouldn't be moved down, he just needs more tourny rep besides anther.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
You're pretty much exactly right, except I thought Pikachu went neutral with Snake. I might be wrong, but I thought he did.

D

Deleted member

Well pika cgs snake and camps him and thunder ***** his recovery so i assumed pika beat snake.

WeedLuigi

Smash Apprentice
Seriously Tornado was terrible in Melee. I missed my pseudo spike with down B!

We can all agree that 64 versions of Mario (and Ness)>>> their current forms by far.
True...64 mario definitely had the best versio of his fireball (he throws it faster in SSB than in the other 2 installments) and his tornado was better...and his drill (ADA) was also better, drill to up smash, drill to grab, drill to jab then tornado followed by etc. etc..., mario really was versitile in SSB. Poor ness, I still play SSB and wonder why did they nerf Ness sooooo BADLY in the later installments!! Poor poor ness, who makes these decisions anyways.

D

Deleted member

Pika is pretty hard to hit. Hes not like MK, but QAC can be used to move in then retreat and full hop thunderjolt again. He dies early, but pikas ledge camping is top notch, so he can kinda stay there at high percents and punish a whiffed move badly.

He goes even with snake or better.

D

Deleted member

Pika boards told me he does, as does lookin at the matchup myself but why do you think snake wins?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
hes does good, but he does not go even with snake, i can promise you that.
Pika is AT LEAST even with Snake. That is almost universally agreed-upon. I think most would be hard-pressed to give him the advantage, but he's definitely not even slightly disadvantaged.

Tenki

Smash Hero
After I helped to slaughter Sonic's D-throw, I think he might stay in low tier for a bit, knowing how certain groups' discussion seems to work out, haha :3

edit:
but to answer your question, people like you :<

Browny

Smash Hater
Tenki you're the most pessimistic poster ever, everyone knows sonic is bad but you just cant help saying that on like every single post :/

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Based on tourney ratings so far, Kirby should be higher high tier (at least imo). Pika should definitely be up there with him, and ZSS should be upper middle tier.

My opinion on next tier list:

Top:
Meta Knight
Snake
Falco
King Dedede

High:
Marth
ROB
G&W
Wario
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Lucario
Pikachu
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Wolf

Middle:
Pit
Toon Link
Olimar
Zero Suit Samus
Fox
Luigi
Bowser
Ike
Peach
Sheik

Low:
Ness
Lucas
Mario
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Yoshi
Sonic
Samus
Link
Ganondorf
Capt. Falcon

(This is a really really rough list, and is only my *personal* opinion /flameshield).

Tenki

Smash Hero
uhhm im srry im new here how exactly did u slaughter his d-throw??
Basically, if you ever try to D-throw me with Sonic and it's not some kind of laggy wifi match, I'm going to get an inescapable counterattack on you.

If I (/your opponent) don't counterattack, it still makes techchasing alot harder, and takes away what used to be one of Sonic's more common tech-chase setups.

But if you want to look at it from a more optimistic standpoint, there are quite a few good Sonic mains, like Phoenix Dark, who don't rely on (and almost never use) D-throw at all, and they do pretty well. So it's not necessarily even a big part of Sonic's game play.

Tenki you're the most pessimistic poster ever, everyone knows sonic is bad but you just cant help saying that on like every single post :/
I don't like... fanboy tier crusaders :<

He was uninformed anyway, like I thought, so lol.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Well, the next version is coming out tomorrow. *Loads the heavy artillery and prepares for a salvo*

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
I'd claim to be excited, but I can't really be bothered. I do like seeing the current communal evaluation though.

Browny

Smash Hater
Since making our own ideas of what the next tier list looks like (supposedly jan 5th?) gets flamed to crispy goodness, Ill simply guess whether each character will go up, down or stay and try to get as high % right as possible :) Should be fun. Gotta get at least half my guesses right lol...

1 Meta Knight -- Stay
2 Snake -- Stay
3 King Dedede -- Stay
4 Mr. Game & Watch -- Stay
5 Falco -- Stay
6 R.O.B. -- Down

High
7 Marth -- Up
8 Wario -- Stay
9 Lucario -- Down
10 Donkey Kong -- Down
11 Diddy -- Up
12 Pikachu -- Down
13 Ice Climbers -- Up
14 Kirby -- Up
15 Pit -- Stay
16 Wolf -- Stay

Middle
17 Toon Link -- Stay
18 Olimar -- Up
19 Fox -- Down
20 Zelda -- Down
21 Zero Suit Samus -- Up
22 Bowser -- Down
23 Luigi -- Stay
24 Peach -- Up
25 Ike -- Down
26 Sheik -- Stay

Low
27 Lucas -- Down
28 Ness -- Down
29 Mario -- Up
30 Pokémon Trainer -- Down
31 Samus -- Down
32 Yoshi -- Up
33 Sonic -- Up
34 Jigglypuff -- Down
35 Ganondorf -- Down
36 Link -- Up
37 Captain Falcon -- Stay
So... enough talk about upsmashes etc, this is the tier list thread! only 1 day left (supposedly) to make corrections to my guesses. big question on my mind is will Falco overtake G&W? moveset potential says no, tourney results say yes :/

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
So... enough talk about upsmashes etc, this is the tier list thread! only 1 day left (supposedly) to make corrections to my guesses. big question on my mind is will Falco overtake G&W? moveset potential says no, tourney results say yes :/
I am also curious as to if Falco will swap with G&W. They both have a pretty good amount of options, but isn't most G&W popularity in the midwest, and thats about it?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
He was E rank from june to november. Now in december he moved up to C rank in 1 months of data. 2 top8 and 1 win? Doesn't matter if they were big tournaments. It doesn't really sound as convincing tournament results, 5 months of E rank

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Especially since as far as I know that one Falcon win was for 1 ROUND. Not 1 match. 1 fight. As in less than 3 minutes of playtime probably. I could be wrong. Ally's pretty cocky. lol

:034:

Smash Hero
My guess would be:

Top Tier
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Snake
Falco
Mr. Game & Watch

High Tier
R.O.B.
Marth
Wario
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Kirby

Mid Tier
Zero Suit Samus
Pikachu
Wolf
Peach
Toon Link
Pit
Olimar
Luigi
Fox
Zelda
Ike
Sheik

Low Tier
Mario
Sonic
Lucas
Yoshi
Samus
Ness

Bottom Tier
Pokémon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf

Not what I would like, but that's probably what's gonna happen.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
My guess would be:

Top Tier
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Snake
Falco
Mr. Game & Watch

High Tier
R.O.B.
Marth
Wario
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Kirby

Mid Tier
Zero Suit Samus
Pikachu
Wolf
Peach
Toon Link
Pit
Olimar
Luigi
Fox
Zelda
Ike
Sheik

Low Tier
Mario
Sonic
Lucas
Yoshi
Samus
Ness

Bottom Tier
Pokémon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf

Not what I would like, but that's probably what's gonna happen.
Ness is way to low. Below Samus and Lucas? Top of low minimum and possibly bottom of mid.

Fox is a bit too high, Pikachu should be in high tier.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
Ness is way to low. Below Samus and Lucas? Top of low minimum and possibly bottom of mid.

Fox is a bit too high, Pikachu should be in high tier.
He's right, you know.

Ness deserves alot more reverence than people have been giving him...

imo..

Edit:
I don't feel like ranting, so I'll just say that Dedede deserves that spot.

Broken penguin.
dont you think # 2 is a bit too high for D3?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Snake is definitely the 2nd best in the game =/
The top 2 will probably only be
Metaknight
Snake

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
about a little change of pace.

KIDs low tier list (based on matchups with the entire cast, not just low tiers.)

Ike
Sheik
Pokemon Trainer
Fox
Ness
Yoshi
Mario

Bottom tier

Samus
Lucas
Link
Ganon
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon

PKNintendo

Smash Master
about a little change of pace.

KIDs low tier list (based on matchups with the entire cast, not just low tiers.)

Ike
Sheik
Pokemon Trainer
Fox
Ness
Yoshi
Mario

Bottom tier

Lucas
Link
Ganon
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Nice to see Lucas properly placed.
First, I think Yoshi>Ness and Mario so he should be up there. Pokemon trainer is debatable but it looks solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom