• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Podcast! (Ep. 4 - DL OUT!)

cutter

Smash Champion
Hylian would be perfect for this podcast. Not only are his Ice Climbers beastly and one of the first to gain fame, but I've seen his posts arguing for defending ICs infinites, and he makes really, really solid points.

As for DDD's infinites, they don't need to be banned. From what I've seen in tournaments, they have pre-emptively banned them without any real good reason for doing so. Why ban something when it has proven not to overcentralize the game?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeauhzzz :p.

I can't wait to talk about IC's stuff :).

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Get hype. I had to twist Anther's arm to do this, too. He was all blushing and pretending he was too shy to do it. Silly Anther.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
With them in, matches can get pretty boring. The player with the infinite will be just trying to infinite the other person, and the person without them will just be running around, trying to chip the one with the infinite little by little with hope that they can manage to kill them, without getting grabbed.

If we remove them, the individual characters can advance their metagame, as opposed to dwelling on the "1 grab = 1 kill" mentality.

Things like wall infinites I'm a bit more lenient on, as they're usually only on counterpick stages, and they're considerably tougher to pull off. You actually have to trick/force your opponent into that position, and your opponents will usually avoid being in that situation to the best of their ability. In the end though, I wouldn't mind them out, either.

Anther

Smash Champion
I might have a friend coming from out of town on saturday... so I might not have much time for the podcast funsies. (Yes I'm possibly continuing to john out XD.)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
About three hours until the podcast starts. I wonder if we'll see how ineffective a sticky really is...

That means you all should BE THERE.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I wanna watch but will out and about right when this starts!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Things are going to be delayed a bit - Panda's in a tourney and the TOs are slow...

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I'd love to have tournies here finish before 8. We go from like 10 in the morning to 11 at night -_-

Hopefully I could still tune in. It is Saturday night after all lol.

noobpota2

Smash Apprentice
Did i miss anything special last night, i left cause most of the chat people were being so annoying and cause it was liek 2 in the morning :p

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
It was a great episode.

The guest's were really good seeing the topic. A bit sad that Anther couldn't go but other then that it was really good.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Hive

Smash Lord
kwl ^^ watching now <- very informative/interesting guys! ^^
so long, but it was fun to hear :)

also for the breaking out of the pummel thing I posted the data in the cg thread... it is pretty much inescapable at human thresholds according to the data available... which is why you don't see people break out as much...
the original estimate of breaking out at 200% was overestimated greatly, as well as the number of buttons someone could reliably press... breaking out at the 630% as well assumed that the player was able press every single button on the controller ever frame... unlikely.. unless you are a cyborg (which would be KWL!)... anyways i think the max of what you could possibly expect the person to press realistically is 6-7 buttons plus the control stick about every 8 frames ( about 5 times a second...)

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6427359&postcount=225

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Panda, talk about CoT4 on the next podcast, since you're a hero.

*listening to EP3... now*

Also, I think you guys should talk a little about the national tourney scene more, Brawl and Melee, and both together. :p

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Ledgecamping with MK, why wasn't that argument taken as an overall "invincible, overpowered, simple strategy". I thought the Pro-ban argument had it then.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
I know this question has been asked alot, but I haven't been around for a while and was wondering why you guys are not on iTunes?

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I've been maining Samus lately, just for the challenge. And frankly it's almost impossible to win consistently with her unless I camp the ledge for a decent gimp kill-move.

But MK destroys that, and MK destroys all on ledge. I still think that MK makes the game much more broken than it needs to be.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I guess we technically had the fourth episode of this a week ago? I dunno, it was technically SMYN episode 47.

So go check out the first post for download links (it's a two-parter).

Legan

Smash Lord
Lol. Legan..Is.. a BADASS. <3 Panda

You guys were pretty dead on with the reviews, sometimes the truth hurts though.''

Edit: oh, and I caught that beating the best link comment. I smell a MM, Dont forget about that link vs diddy match on FD :).

Mr.Kitchen

Smash Rookie
You should put this podcast up on itunes, that way it will be easier to subscribe for most people and more people would hear about it. Good info btw.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Any ideas for guests of the upcoming episode? Mew2king? Dojo? Lain and Anther?!?

You could talk about C4 Galore and WHOBO :)

As for a topic...ledge stalling/planking perhaps? I know Lain has experienced it more than most players.

Top Bottom