• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I feel neutral about the metaknight ban and if mk is banned replace him with another character.
Are you saying we should hack the game and add a new character lol? Or are you saying that if MK is banned, another top tier will replace him?

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I meant the latter statement, about another highest tier character.
Well undoubtedly another character will become the top tier (likely Snake), but it is HIGHLY doubtful that any character will dominate the metagame the way Meta Knight does now. All the other characters, including Snake, have exploitable weaknesses to sorta balance out their strengths. With MK gone, Brawl will end up more like Melee, with a handful of top tier guys who share power at the top followed by some high tiers, mid tiers and the rest.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Imagine Captain Falcon in the Yellow suit from Bruce Lee's Game of Death.

Too much win and manliness that a single Wii could withstand.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sonic with D3s downthrow, and yoshis grab releases and fox's upsmash.

i tried not to make it too broken, i think this character would go 50-50 with MK as he is now

The_Dark_Zero

Smash Cadet
Banning Meta Knight? No. He isn't insanely broken to the ban point. Banning him would cause a lot of outrage. I main Marth/Lucas, But I oppose banning Meta STRONGLY.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
i said i would but i couldnt resist coming back when all of them are missing the point.
TRANSLATION: I love going back on my word and then accusing everyone who calls me out on making incorrect statements or just generally being an *** of flaming me.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Hell, I invented ROB and I switched. There aren't any ROBs left.
If I understand correctly, you believe that if a MK is played correctly, there's really no chance for a ROB to win against him. Is that correct? Or is it just that all ROBs might as well switch to MK because then they get a significant chance of placing well? Just curious.

Novel arguments...LMFAO
I wanna know what these..."novel" arguments are in this thread. I'll eat my hat if there are any.
It's hard to know if any of the (admittedly few) arguments here are novel, since the SBR threads are private ;)

this game is completely broken anyway, i guess it doesn't really matter whether or not mk gets banned...
In what way is the game completely broken? Just curious how you mean this.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I wouldn't listen to M2K.

We did a straw poll a while ago, before HOBO 11, and over a third voted to ban MK then. We currently have not come to a consensus.
MODS IN, DON'T LET HIM LEAVE YOUR SIGHT!

Real question: Do you think that either side is has a majority "set in their ways" meaning that no reasonable argument will get them out, is each side giving or taking, or are we always going to be divided?

Basically, is the situation we are in going to change or what?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If I understand correctly, you believe that if a MK is played correctly, there's really no chance for a ROB to win against him. Is that correct? Or is it just that all ROBs might as well switch to MK because then they get a significant chance of placing well? Just curious.
Both. ROB can do fine without MK though. He has a few even matchups, D3 takes a lot of experience to beat, and G&W is ridiculously difficult... but other than that he's good.

Real question: Do you think that either side is has a majority "set in their ways" meaning that no reasonable argument will get them out, is each side giving or taking, or are we always going to be divided?

Basically, is the situation we are in going to change or what?
If MK took every spot in every tournament, we'd be 100% for banning him. If MKs didn't make it out of pools and all got 2-0'd, we'd be against banning him. Right now we're somewhere inbetween.

Leh

Smash Ace
MK will not (and should not) be banned.
There are multiple characters that go even with him (snake for one).
Its not unlike a fighting game to have a character that has all even or good matchups....

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
While akuma (I KNOW ITS OVERUSED) wasn't banned, did he win all the tournaments? I mean taking 100% is not reasonable, local tournaments might lack proper MK reppage. That doesn't make him any worse?

Or do you mean tournaments that actually mean something? =\

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My personal criteria for getting any character banned:
1. Character takes all 3 top spots and 6 of the top 8 spots at regional/national tournaments
2. Character does this consistently for 3 months straight.

Possibly that is harsh, but whatever, banning a character that also happens to be the most popular character in the game is pretty extreme.

I'd also like to point out that HOBO 11 had decently diverse results. The problem is that people have been falsely saying Azen was MK, when the only time he used MK was against M2K, before which they agreed to split. Had Azen used Falcon, would everyone be saying that Azen used Falcon for the whole tournament? Doubtful. Rumors/exagerations get perpetuated far to often, and this happens to be one of the worst. HOBO11 is easiest described as "M2K/Azen **** the competition, like they always do", M2K winning with MK shouldn't be all that unexpected, he is the best player in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom