• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
So... what exactly have we accomplished so far?
Lol, well read the first page. Thats about how far we've gotten.

If you want an example...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5560666#post5560666

If you become a decent snake you would already know this though..
from a post that might as well be entitled "M2K trying to save his meal ticket"

Also, I AM a decent snake, and I know he's about as good against MK as you're going to get. But he's still at somewhat of a disadvantage. He can do alot of things to MK that most characters can't, but he still gets out-speeded, out-pressured and ***** when he's trying to recover. It comes out almost even, but not quite.

On top of all of this, MK is good on every single stage. In a game that relies on stage countering so much, that has to be taken into account as well. Only MK is good against every character. And I would venture to say, no other character does as well with the entire stage list.

I still don't think MK should be banned. But douchebags like you are making me want to change my mind.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
to the above poster, no, snake wins on corneria and norfair, meaning you always have a counterpick against mk. Snake grenade camping perfectly has the advantage if he doesn't let himself get gimped. If you DI the up B, then MK takes 6%, and you take 8%, and considering your weights it's basically the same amount. If you DI it it isn't that good unless you are going to seriously follow up a LOT, and a good snake has plenty of options to get down.

Koga

Smash Journeyman
Lol, well read the first page. Thats about how far we've gotten.

from a post that might as well be entitled "M2K trying to save his meal ticket"

Also, I AM a decent snake, and I know he's about as good against MK as you're going to get. But he's still at somewhat of a disadvantage. He can do alot of things to MK that most characters can't, but he still gets out-speeded, out-pressured and ***** when he's trying to recover. It comes out almost even, but not quite.

On top of all of this, MK is good on every single stage. In a game that relies on stage countering so much, that has to be taken into account as well. Only MK is good against every character. And I would venture to say, no other character does as well with the entire stage list.

I still don't think MK should be banned. But douchebags like you are making me want to change my mind.
You make it sound like M2k can't win with other characters. Do you realy want to go there?

also, this game is WAAAAYYY more than a bunch of countering. That right there is the reason that so many people are up in arms over MK, they think this game is one big Counter pick instead of a struggle vs your opponent.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
:ohwell: **** this, im outta this thread.
this is MY prediction
once MK is safe, you are all gonna go NO WAIIIIIIII HES BROKEN WAHHHHHH
im not gonna say i told ya so but...if you just listened to me isntead of flamed, we might have actually had an agreement, but ok, irdc what you all think. i tried to explain, but all i get are insults. i get "no your wrong" on all my arguements most of the time w/out arguements. oh, w/e, idc. you all can have a good time :) wait for it. MK will not be banned!
lies and illusions it seems.

how dissapointing.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
No, because it isn't really up to us.
Um it is.
Don't be stupid.

Again the SBR is jsut the SBr. nothing they say is set in stone.
just because they say stalling with the ininite is capped at 999% doesn't mean you have to listen.

the TO's choose what to do and what not to do.

You choose whether or not to go to the tournaments.

hence its left to you.
what teh SBR says is more like a suggestion. not an official ruling.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
On top of all of this, MK is good on every single stage.
FYI- I think there is one stage that potentially gives some characters an even matchup with MK.

That stage is Green Greens. It removes his recovery advantage and gimping prowess because the walls are so short recovery is unnecessary, and leaves him light and easy to kill. Short ceiling helps too because MK doesn't kill off the top now, so you can camp in the middle and he can't kill you well (you can tech off the walls) while you can kill him straight up if you have a good upwards kill move (Snake utilt).

The bombs only do 20% damage, but on MK that is a lot more important since we've now established that on Green Greens his good recovery doesn't matter and he's light and dies fast.

However, Green Greens, the only viable MK counterpick stage, is for some absurd reason banned by many TO's, while the campfest known as Luigi's Mansion is somehow legal. The reasoning completely escapes me. 20% bombs that are not random and only fall in one section of the stage and ONLY when blocks are missing thus being very predictable, and have hitboxes that don't linger (you can spotdodge the explosions or shield them) and don't kill below 100% with proper DI is NOT that bad.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
FYI- I think there is one stage that potentially gives some characters an even matchup with MK.

That stage is Green Greens. It removes his recovery advantage and gimping prowess because the walls are so short recovery is unnecessary, and leaves him light and easy to kill. Short ceiling helps too because MK doesn't kill off the top now, so you can camp in the middle and he can't kill you well (you can tech off the walls) while you can kill him straight up if you have a good upwards kill move (Snake utilt).

The bombs only do 20% damage, but on MK that is a lot more important since we've now established that on Green Greens his good recovery doesn't matter and he's light and dies fast.

However, Green Greens, the only viable MK counterpick stage, is for some absurd reason banned by many TO's, while the campfest known as Luigi's Mansion is somehow legal. The reasoning completely escapes me. 20% bombs that are not random and only fall in one section of the stage and ONLY when blocks are missing thus being very predictable, and have hitboxes that don't linger (you can spotdodge the explosions or shield them) and don't kill below 100% with proper DI is NOT that bad.
the column thingies block all projectiles

and for everybody else, im not gonna post much, just gonna watch from the sidelines

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Oh, I think everyone here might get a laugh out of this.
Jamnt0ast and I were teamed at a tourney and went up against the double-MK team of Eggz and Gimpyfish (notably, Gimpyfish is a Sheik main, not an MK main).

After they ***** us (note- we only lost to the double MK teams in this tournament. Eggz and Gimpyfish, and brdy and Jem. Jem was switching between MK and Falco though), we gave up and decided to try something else...

Hilarity ensued. Yes, this is in tournament.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNa11bpyN6s

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
a lot of places that i know of do ban the mansion.

and also. any stage with a wall, mk can infinite you with his jab.
also, grounded shuttle loop can kill low on that stage, and green greens is one of the harder stage to avoid camping on. MK can block just about any entrance to the side platforms with up smash and up tilt, and while hes camping on one of those sides, downsmash will kill at stupid low %

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Oh, I think everyone here might get a laugh out of this.
Jamnt0ast and I were teamed at a tourney and went up against the double-MK team of Eggz and Gimpyfish (notably, Gimpyfish is a Sheik main, not an MK main).

After they ***** us (note- we only lost to the double MK teams in this tournament. Eggz and Gimpyfish, and brdy and Jem. Jem was switching between MK and Falco though), we gave up and decided to try something else...

Hilarity ensued. Yes, this is in tournament.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNa11bpyN6s
That was worse than me and Steeler taking DSF and Edrees to Port Town. My God.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
a lot of places that i know of do ban the mansion.

and also. any stage with a wall, mk can infinite you with his jab.
also, grounded shuttle loop can kill low on that stage, and green greens is one of the harder stage to avoid camping on. MK can block just about any entrance to the side platforms with up smash and up tilt, and while hes camping on one of those sides, downsmash will kill at stupid low %

WA bans the mansion and legalizes Greens fortunately, but we're cool like that. :)

MK can NOT infinite you on Green Greens- the dtilt will break the blocks.

and while hes camping on one of those sides, downsmash will kill at stupid low %
It also detonates bomb blocks next to him, so he has to be cautious in usage sometimes.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
MK's infinite jab ends @ around 120. i infinited a peach @ a friendly @ a tourney, and i got up to around 120 when she was able to jump to free herself. walls are banned because of D3's chaingrab, not because of jabs

I have a hard time believing this can't be escaped with SDI. Plus, on Greens, it would once again break the wall unless spaced very well.

Also, banning a stage because of one character seems dumb. You can just ban Green Greens if your opponent is a DDD, or learn to play smart there.

RoboticTuna

Smash Cadet
I'd like to see Meta Knight eat a ban, yeah.

But I agree that it would be best to give it a little more time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom