• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

andzrej

Project Z Curator
Is it just me, or does SC have no Brawl scene whatsoever? I can't seem to find a Brawl tourney in SC. Which sucks, 'cause I've never played Melee or P:M. :(
It's more melee and p:m focused. You can hit up Carolina Esports (https://www.facebook.com/southcarolinaesports), they have brawl events from time to time. I am not sure what they use for rulesets.

If I can ever find a venue in Columbia that isn't ruinously expensive, I'd like to run Brawl tournaments from time to time.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
[/quote]="andzrej, post: 16227893, member: 184018"]It's more melee and p:m focused. You can hit up Carolina Esports (https://www.facebook.com/southcarolinaesports), they have brawl events from time to time. I am not sure what they use for rulesets.

If I can ever find a venue in Columbia that isn't ruinously expensive, I'd like to run Brawl tournaments from time to time.[/quote]
Oh, I tried P:M, and I'm hooked. That's an old post, but thanks anyway!

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
Hey! I don't know anything about PM advanced techs or anything, so I'm not sure if this has already been discovered or not. Basically, when you're dashing, and you don't want that skidding lag, and you don't wanna do a DashAttack, just press down on the control stick. It completely stops you without any lag whatsoever. I find it useful for comboing, since you can go from dashing to tilting/jabbing/smashing without any lag. Not sure if this works in Brawl or Melee, I just discovered it yesterday. Haven't had much time to experiment with it.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Hey! I don't know anything about PM advanced techs or anything, so I'm not sure if this has already been discovered or not. Basically, when you're dashing, and you don't want that skidding lag, and you don't wanna do a DashAttack, just press down on the control stick. It completely stops you without any lag whatsoever. I find it useful for comboing, since you can go from dashing to tilting/jabbing/smashing without any lag. Not sure if this works in Brawl or Melee, I just discovered it yesterday. Haven't had much time to experiment with it.
This was in melée, it's how marth's do down tilt out of a run. This does not work in brawl however.

Wavedashing usually works better though, unless you want to do an attack directly out of the crouch. You can do run -> crouch-> F Smash really quickly doing this.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
This was in melée, it's how marth's do down tilt out of a run. This does not work in brawl however.

Wavedashing usually works better though, unless you want to do an attack directly out of the crouch. You can do run -> crouch-> F Smash really quickly doing this.
Can you please explain Melee techs that are compatible with PM to me? I know absolutely nothing. Please help me!

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Melee to pm. There L-Canceling, Wave Dashing, Wave Landing, Dash Dancing, Crotch canceling, short hop fast falling. Then there similiar hit stun, shield stun that simulates melee.

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
It should be noted that in Project M, your character flashes white after a successful l-cancel. So it's much easier to learn.

andzrej

Project Z Curator
I've started doing Columbia smash weeklies at my apartment. Wednesdays at 6pm.

andzrej

Project Z Curator
We had like 8 people last time, looking at around 11-13 next time.
PM me for my info if you wanna come.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Weeklies, SC scene really does seem to be heating up.
Because those weeklies are hosted in the ****ing middle of the week. Its not a very doable thing for anyone who doesn't live in that area.
Upstate weeklies plz

Player -0

Smash Hero
Because those weeklies are hosted in the ****ing middle of the week. Its not a very doable thing for anyone who doesn't live in that area.
Upstate weeklies plz
In Columbia they're doing weeklies, so far in the Upstate I've been to one tournament, hosted by Pdood (I think?). They're doing another this Saturday. I think it's better than the years before (I haven't been here but whatever, opinionated stuff with no evidence is the best kind of stuff)

andzrej

Project Z Curator
Upstate weeklies plz
Yeah we chose the middle of the week because a lot of people are busy and whatnot on the weekends. :)

In Columbia they're doing weeklies, so far in the Upstate I've been to one tournament, hosted by Pdood (I think?). They're doing another this Saturday. I think it's better than the years before (I haven't been here but whatever, opinionated stuff with no evidence is the best kind of stuff)
Yeah we got a big tournament happening tomorrow in Greenville, something like 60 people have confirmed so far.

We'll be livestreaming it on twitch.tv/clockworkstudios

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
There are good players in the upstate, ESAM is popping by Saturday if I'm not mistaken for example.
He doesn't live here though, he's just here for school and then he's gone. I'm not really talking about good players ether, I'm talking about how everyone just wants to keep to theirselves here. Also, I'm just talking about PM. I have asked the upstate players to come over to play and vice versa and long story short, no one wants to play or has any real drive get better. People hardly open up around here.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
He doesn't live here though, he's just here for school and then he's gone. I'm not really talking about good players ether, I'm talking about how everyone just wants to keep to theirselves here. Also, I'm just talking about PM. I have asked the upstate players to come over to play and vice versa and long story short, no one wants to play or has any real drive get better. People hardly open up around here.
Just school and people being busy, plus personally I'm sketchy on going to a person's house I hardly know.

Bizzy

Smash Apprentice
^^^ Alabama from South Carolina is trapping taken to the next level, I salute you if you make that drive lol
Upstate weeklies really would be nice though, Wi-Fi is ASS good riddance come May 20th. The only way to really improve though is breaking outta your shell and meeting new people to play with whether they're complete strangers or not. I can see why people are reluctant though, hell I'm down with it though because once I lose Wi-Fi I gotta find someone to play with, Greenwood's smash scene is non-existent.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
^^^ Alabama from South Carolina is trapping taken to the next level, I salute you if you make that drive lol
Upstate weeklies really would be nice though, Wi-Fi is *** good riddance come May 20th. The only way to really improve though is breaking outta your shell and meeting new people to play with whether they're complete strangers or not. I can see why people are reluctant though, hell I'm down with it though because once I lose Wi-Fi I gotta find someone to play with, Greenwood's smash scene is non-existent.
If you have a pc that can run it, you'll always have net play.
Upstate just needs to break out of their shells. Pretty hard to play anyone around here. I'm usually available for those who wanna do some in person 1v1.

Bizzy

Smash Apprentice
If you have a pc that can run it, you'll always have net play.
Upstate just needs to break out of their shells. Pretty hard to play anyone around here. I'm usually available for those who wanna do some in person 1v1.
It seems like too much effort but that's just me. Wi-Fi is pretty terrible anyway, I would much rather play people in real life.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
About 45 minutes to an hour.
Dunno if you're interested, but sometime between Wednesday and Sunday, bear, eisen, keezer and myself should be going to play at keezer's place over in Easley. If you'd like, you can/should to come out for friendlies.

Last edited:

Bizzy

Smash Apprentice
Dunno if you're interested, but sometime between Wednesday and Sunday, bear, eisen, keezer and myself should be going to play at keezer's place over in Easley. If you'd like, you can/should to come out for friendlies.
Damn, I wish I would've known in advance I'd be down no doubt, I hate I'm gonna miss it. I'll more than likely end up running into conflict with school and work schedule. I could request off one Friday or Saturday and would be able to come though. Are you guys gonna have friendlies again in the near future or is this just a one time thing?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Crew battles are imminent.
I like how that sounds :088:

Damn, I wish I would've known in advance I'd be down no doubt, I hate I'm gonna miss it. I'll more than likely end up running into conflict with school and work schedule. I could request off one Friday or Saturday and would be able to come though. Are you guys gonna have friendlies again in the near future or is this just a one time thing?
Were making this a weekly, if possible. That crew status doe
Whichever day you can get off, I'll just push it back to that day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom